No surrender .

beararse

As a counter to all the doom and gloom merchants and hand wringers on here....

The likelihood is we will be 10 points behind by Monday.

We then have 8 games to play.

Beat celtic twice (a big ask I know, but given the absolute doing we gave them last time round, not impossible) and we’d only be 4 points behind with 6 games to make up the difference. That could be as little as them drawing twice.

Doesnt seem that far fetched, especially if we rattle them.

Obviously we could get spanked twice in the old firm games and trail by 16 points. Simply pointing out all is not lost, so bin all this ‘who should replace the manager’ and ‘they’re all shite’ threads and get behind the fucking team.

No surrender!

On paper not impossible far from it

it is the fact we just don't look like we are capable of stringing any sort of run together

we need to fucking destroy somebody to give us some belief in ourselves

on the plus side they have been shite lately as well

7 hours ago, beararse said:

As a counter to all the doom and gloom merchants and hand wringers on here....

The likelihood is we will be 10 points behind by Monday.

We then have 8 games to play.

Beat celtic twice (a big ask I know, but given the absolute doing we gave them last time round, not impossible) and we’d only be 4 points behind with 6 games to make up the difference. That could be as little as them drawing twice.

Doesnt seem that far fetched, especially if we rattle them.

Obviously we could get spanked twice in the old firm games and trail by 16 points. Simply pointing out all is not lost, so bin all this ‘who should replace the manager’ and ‘they’re all shite’ threads and get behind the fucking team.

No surrender!

We are playing our worst football of the season with three wins from nine games.

Stay off the glue.

We are behind the team but more not often than not of late they’ve  let us down , we’ve improved and next year is the biggy for Gerrard, it’s up to the board Gerrard and the players though, the support can’t do anything else , how many times have you read on here or all over social media in the past few years bears saying “battle fever on” etc ,then they’d tow us 5v0 , fuck all we can do about it it’s up to the employees at the club 

54 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

What do you think the solution is?

For me it's to sit back, sit back for as long as it take for them to come out and then go at them. Effectively give away possession, let them have chances. Possession doesn't win games, we should have learned that coming up the divisions.

Clearly battering at the door constantly for 45 mins doesn't help.

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

We are behind the team but more not often than not of late they’ve  let us down , we’ve improved and next year is the biggy for Gerrard, it’s up to the board Gerrard and the players though, the support can’t do anything else , how many times have you read on here or all over social media in the past few years bears saying “battle fever on” etc ,then they’d tow us 5v0 , fuck all we can do about it it’s up to the employees at the club 

While I admire the optimism of the OP, after sitting through Tuesday and yesterday I have no hope of what he said happening. Will I be hoping for a result at their midden two weeks today, of course I will, will it happen ? not if the team from the last few games turn up.

I also know we need to give Stevie G another season and as you say the board will have to dig deep if he is going to turn around this loser mentality that is running through our team. This summer will be huge as far as I am concerned and I feel some players who at the moment are first pick need to go and players with a stronger mentality will have to be brought in, if SG does not do that I fear we could be back here this time next year, and that will be the end for a man I would love to succeed. :depressed:

2 hours ago, They Gnu said:

What do you think the solution is?

Who knows mate. One thing for me though is to mix it up. The idea of getting the ball out wide and lumping it into the box is tried and tested. 

A number 10 who is dangerous from outside the box. Someone who can shoot and can create more is a must. Arfield is not that guy.

Also asking our wingers to get into the box more. They move in and allow the fullbacks to hold the width. Gives you a better chance when when midfielders have more men in the box to play the ball into.

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Who knows mate. One thing for me though is to mix it up. The idea of getting the ball out wide and lumping it into the box is tried and tested. 

A number 10 who is dangerous from outside the box. Someone who can shoot and can create more is a must. Arfield is not that guy.

Also asking our wingers to get into the box more. They move in and allow the fullbacks to hold the width. Gives you a better chance when when midfielders have more men in the box to play the ball into.

To be fair Arfield is always willing to get in the box. 

We had a good first half season finishing 2018 joint top. But since January we've changed the team too often in important games and it hasn't worked. We can't get round the tactics of st Johnstone kilmarnock Hibernian etc. Lots of potential but having no plan to break these mid table teams down when they park the bus has cost us.