Morelos 4 match ban

7 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

He has to learn not to react, be smarter ffs, its simple, the media are saying its part of the game. Morelos should start doing it now, its accepted in the spl now. 

Only part of the game when Lego and the rest of the hammer throwers do it mate. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Becuse your the ones lapping up the narrative and how can I be deflecting away from the same subject, ya fool. 

You are making excuses time and time again to deflect blame from Morelos blaming bears in the process to move the focus of the discussion.

Just now, Smile said:

You are making excuses time and time again to deflect blame from Morelos blaming bears in the process to move the focus of the discussion.

Smile, you’re about to go down your usual rambling route of nonsense. So do us all a favour and fuck off into the politics forum. . 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Smile, you’re about to go down your usual rambling route of nonsense. So do us all a favour and fuck off into the politics forum. . 

Its you that's been found out again trying to deflect blame away from Morelos by creating a nonsensical argument with posters rather than face facts that Morelos is in the wrong.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Its you that's been found out again trying to deflect blame away from Morelos by creating a nonsensical argument with posters rather than face facts that Morelos is in the wrong.

The only thing he did wrong was get caught. 

The fact our own support are ripping a young lad apart using language that to say the least is bloody embarrassing and my pointing that out plus the double standards of Kent and Halliday getting a seemingly free pass for being just as stupid as Mo, but according to the hang Mo brigade that’s ok because the game was over isn’t deflecting away from anything. But you know that and are just doing your usual pish when some one has a different opinion to you so do us all a favour and don’t quote me any more because your just boring. 

1 minute ago, Blueshoff said:

One of the more disappointing aspects is he didn't damage that mongo when he got sent off.

Kent made a better attempt.  His 3 game ban will be confirmed in the next few days no doubt.

Which will coincide with the split fixtures where he’ll be missing for playing against the scum.

The authorities and media  made sure AF was the target after the Ibrox game due to the danger he posed and now Kent will get the same treatment with our club saying and doing fuck all about it.

51 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I'm flabbergasted that he's managing to get defended here :lol: fuck sake 

I wouldn't defend him for that yesterday or most of his red cards but I'm not having this shite being thrown around that he's somehow out of control or unmanageable.

I think he's simultaneously easily the most targeted by opposition players and least protected by match officials of any Rangers player in my recent memory.

And its been like that almost since the first ball he's kicked up here.

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I wouldn't defend him for that yesterday or most of his red cards but I'm not having this shite being thrown around that he's somehow out of control or unmanageable.

I think he's simultaneously easily the most targeted by opposition players and least protected by match officials of any Rangers player in my recent memory.

And its been like that almost since the first ball he's kicked up here.

He could have been sent off 3 times in the last old firm and didn't. You're talking out of your arse here bud.

I will be watching him closely from now on to see if he lives up to his twitter statement. If he does, and somehow decides to stay for another year then I will probably jump back on his bandwagon because his skill is never the issue.

3 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

He could have been sent off 3 times in the last old firm and didn't. You're talking out of your arse here bud.

The sky ex referee Dermot Gallagher examined footage post match (ibrox) and in his opinion it merited 1 yellow card. Only

I.m not defending Morelos yesterday at all .

I see the predictable media circle wank is in full swing actually writing articles about how much lower Morelos' value will be.

There's such a transparent narrative in the Scottish media. It's almost as if the club has no allies at all. Sky now also appear to have turned to the dark side 

8 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

A question then comes into play as to whether the way Morelos is as a player makes him unmanageable at Rangers.   If, after his time here and the experience of being coached by Gerrard, he continues to be a serial red-card liability (which is the case as yesterday proved yet again) then its clear that nothing Gerrard, the coaching team, the DoF, and fellow players are doing to set him straight is working.   He's become unmanageable - at least within the management skills and capabilities of Gerrard and in the context of football goldfish bowl attention in Scotland.

He's become an even bigger target for teams to try to wind him up.  He's become an even bigger target for media criticism.   He's become even more likely to be refereed differently.   All he is doing is making it worse for the Club as Gerrard has to constantly change thing around to cope with the number of times the player is suspended, and to make sure that in training there is good emphasis on 10 v11 as that scenario happens in far too many games.   

We don't win leagues and cups with that sort of disciplinary liability hovering over every game where we don't know if we can rely on Morelos to behave himself.   For Gerrard there is the paradox of Morelos goal scoring ability vs Morelos indiscipline.   The goals have won us nothing this season.   The indiscipline may be a factor in causing us to win nothing this season. 

I'd be surprised if he is a Rangers player next season.  I'd also be surprised if he plays only part of one more game for us - the final game at Ibrox.    

I don't think Morelos is unmanageable. I think Morelos, Gerrard, the coaching team, the DoF, and fellow players are frustrated at the flawed system that fails to see the antagonism Morelos receives. I don't think any man could put up with what he does and not react. Halliday and Kent reacted to Brown's taunts and I would say they are disciplined.

For me the problem is a flawed system that is not letting Rangers have any success on the pitch or where they could reap financial rewards in player value. The system is not fair as no-one gets booked for antagonising Morelos but the cards fly out if Morelos reacts.

Where you say "He's become an even bigger target for teams to try to wind him up.  He's become an even bigger target for media criticism".

I hope the club doesn't surrender to this sort of treatment against one of our players, as for me it sends out the message that we will throw away any success and bow down to those who don't want to see a successful Rangers.

11 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't think Morelos is unmanageable. I think Morelos, Gerrard, the coaching team, the DoF, and fellow players are frustrated at the flawed system that fails to see the antagonism Morelos receives. I don't think any man could put up with what he does and not react. Halliday and Kent reacted to Brown's taunts and I would say they are disciplined.

For me the problem is a flawed system that is not letting Rangers have any success on the pitch or where they could reap financial rewards in player value. The system is not fair as no-one gets booked for antagonising Morelos but the cards fly out if Morelos reacts.

Where you say "He's become an even bigger target for teams to try to wind him up.  He's become an even bigger target for media criticism".

I hope the club doesn't surrender to this sort of treatment against one of our players, as for me it sends out the message that we will throw away any success and bow down to those who don't want to see a successful Rangers.

He (Morelos) is unmanageable by those who manage and coach him at Rangers.   The evidence is in the track record of sendings off and bookings.  Its persistent.  Wilfully persistent despite all the efforts by others to help him.   Even Gerrard acknowledged in a post match interview that Morelos had already been above the line and that now had to change.  These are all signs to me that in Scottish football and under still inexperienced management the player is unmanageable.  His goals have been essential to Rangers this season but is lack of discipline has also cost the club.    He will be a hugely successful player in other leagues but in Scotland he is, imo, beyond any ability to modify his game to reverse the track record of risking a red card every time he takes to the pitch.     

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

The evidence is in the track record of sendings off and bookings.  Its persistent.

Assuming he deserved all of his cards then I'd agree with you.  I simply don't agree that he had deserved anywhere close to the amount of cards he has received.  They certainly aren't handed out with parity to other players in the league.  

He isn't a dirty player, not even in the slightest.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Assuming he deserved all of his cards then I'd agree with you.  I simply don't agree that he had deserved anywhere close to the amount of cards he has received.  They certainly aren't handed out with parity to other players in the league.  

He isn't a dirty player, not even in the slightest.

There will of course be differing views on whether the red cards and bookings were deserved or not.   There's been plenty of that debate which is fair enough.    I think only the first against Aberdeen was successfully appealed by the Club?  The rest stay on the record as binding affirmed decisions whether the opinions range from underserved, through 'maybe or maybe not', through to underserved.    The number of red card do not necessarily infer he is at his core a dirty player, but they do lay out an increasingly damning track record of sufficient indiscipline to be warranting red card treatment.  

Whether he deserved them or not is understandably a hotly debated subject.   But going forward, and even acknowledging his apology and commitment to mend his ways, it'd be quite something if that turned out to be the case while he continues to play for Rangers in Scotland.    Apart from the transformation in his reactions and behaviour that would be needed he has increasingly made himself the target of special attention which in turn will increase the pressure on him not to react.   Is he capable of responding positively to that? I don't think so.  And the reason I don't think so is he's shown fuck all ability to do so under the guidance, management,, coaching, instruction and so on of Gerrard and of the coaching team and of his fellow first team players who he constantly lets down every time a red card is waved at him.    

In another league, under more experienced management, under less 'football goldfish bowl' pressure,  with a media who have vastly wider points of interest then he will turn out to be an outstandingly successful football player.   I just don't see that he has the capability to do that at Rangers and to mend his ways.    

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

There will of course be differing views on whether the red cards and bookings were deserved or not.   There's been plenty of that debate which is fair enough.    I think only the first against Aberdeen was successfully appealed by the Club?  The rest stay on the record as binding affirmed decisions whether the opinions range from underserved, through 'maybe or maybe not', through to underserved.    The number of red card do not necessarily infer he is at his core a dirty player, but they do lay out an increasingly damning track record of sufficient indiscipline to be warranting red card treatment.  

Whether he deserved them or not is understandably a hotly debated subject.   But going forward, and even acknowledging his apology and commitment to mend his ways, it'd be quite something if that turned out to be the case while he continues to play for Rangers in Scotland.    Apart from the transformation in his reactions and behaviour that would be needed he has increasingly made himself the target of special attention which in turn will increase the pressure on him not to react.   Is he capable of responding positively to that? I don't think so.  And the reason I don't think so is he's shown fuck all ability to do so under the guidance, management,, coaching, instruction and so on of Gerrard and of the coaching team and of his fellow first team players who he constantly lets down every time a red card is waved at him.    

In another league, under more experienced management, under less 'football goldfish bowl' pressure,  with a media who have vastly wider points of interest then he will turn out to be an outstandingly successful football player.   I just don't see that he has the capability to do that at Rangers and to mend his ways.    

WHile I ge the point that the cards will remain on record, if I don't agree he should have been carded, I won't hold that card against him.

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

WHile I ge the point that the cards will remain on record, if I don't agree he should have been carded, I won't hold that card against him.

Fair enough.   My underlying point is I think he's now found himself beyond the point at which he can adjust his game in Scotland to lose the red card reputation and increasingly puts himself into territory where he is a target for special attention by opposition players and referees.  With the result that it does not seem likely to me that he is the sort of person that can handle that and adjust his game to eliminate red cards and still score tons of goals.   Put more directly he risks becoming too much of a liability for Rangers going forward because he is not proving he is responding to the managerial helm.    I'd be very surprised if he is still a Rangers player next season and just about nearly as much surprised if he features much in the final games this season.