Future for Ross McCrorie?

graeme_4

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

A loan's not a bad shout, but if I were him having been on loan a few times already, I'd be asking why I wasn't loaned this season to a decent standard instead of playing a bit part behind some pretty poor players, stagnating, Only then to be loaned again.

I'm not convinced we've managed his career very well. 

I agree he should’ve went out on loan to a good standard of league. I can only assume Stevie thought he would maybe kick on more than he has. 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Name me one. Morelos won't be automatic now and neither was Worral now that Katic is decent. Flanagan kept his place. You can't say Tav & Jack & Arfield  are favourites, they are warranted.

Worrall, jack, tav, goldson, theres 4, all played through various drops in form, or injuries or tiredness because gerrard wont drop them

It's a bit unfair to judge him as a midfielder at the moment, consider that he spent his time in the youth set up being moulded onto a center half. This season and last he's had about 30 games in midfield which is nothing when learning a new position. He needs a season out on loan playing week in week out.

I think Gerrard has a huge amount of time for the lad, and does see his potential. But when he doesn't think a player is ready now he doesn't play them.

Katic has said he's been left out of games until he got stronger for the game here. Rossiter was fit but not played and sent on loan instead, despite SG saying he really rated him. Mccrorie likely having to fit a mould, dare I say the energetic Gerrard role, before he finds a permanent spot.

If he wants to leave, then good luck. If he stays and fights, and given he has a manager here who clearly rates him, then in time he can become a mainstay. He's just not at that stage yet.

It'd be foolish to leave, and I don't think he will, but if he does he'll likely find somewhere he can get more games short term, but I doubt anywhere he could be as successful long term as he could here.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Worrall, jack, tav, goldson, theres 4, all played through various drops in form, or injuries or tiredness because gerrard wont drop them

He was wrong for playing Jack & Arfield when they clearly weren't 100% fit so fair enough. Worral got dropped last two games and I believe Morales will start on the bench when he returns. Gerrard is not a guy to piss off and McCrorie did so just like Morales and Barasic. Call it favorites, I see it more as a preference because they are best options.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He was wrong for playing Jack & Arfield when they clearly weren't 100% fit so fair enough. Worral got dropped last two games and I believe Morales will start on the bench when he returns. Gerrard is not a guy to piss off and McCrorie did so just like Morales and Barasic. Call it favorites, I see it more as a preference because they are best options.

I never mentioned morales, i said goldson, who at times has been suspect but never dropped at all

I'd hate to see McCrorie leave, even go on loan,  as I think he gives everything when he plays. I appreciate it's difficult to fit him in to a midfield 3 when we have, Jack, Arfield, and Davis with a front 3 ahead of them but surely there will be a number of games where we will need his battling qualities, perhaps in Europe, where we will need 4 midfielders. I just love the guy's attitude and fighting qualities, something we have lacked in recent times.

33 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

773DA93F-1A5E-4ADB-B8E1-28029116A061.gif

If he’s struggling for game time with our current midfield then he’s going to be further down the line if we improve our midfield again this summer.

He should look to go on loan for a year for regular football. Sitting about with the odd game here and there isn’t useful at his age.

43 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

How do you know he pissed him off?

It’s also not like Morelos or Barisic at all