Future for Ross McCrorie?

graeme_4

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

How do you know he pissed him off?

It’s also not like Morelos or Barisic at all

I don't but it is rumoured he wasn't pleased with certain players at POTY awards so I doubt McCrorie did himself any favours when he spouted words. He just comes across as I guy who will have your back until you piss him off which is the way it should be.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think Gerrard has a huge amount of time for the lad, and does see his potential. But when he doesn't think a player is ready now he doesn't play them.

Katic has said he's been left out of games until he got stronger for the game here. Rossiter was fit but not played and sent on loan instead, despite SG saying he really rated him. Mccrorie likely having to fit a mould, dare I say the energetic Gerrard role, before he finds a permanent spot.

If he wants to leave, then good luck. If he stays and fights, and given he has a manager here who clearly rates him, then in time he can become a mainstay. He's just not at that stage yet.

It'd be foolish to leave, and I don't think he will, but if he does he'll likely find somewhere he can get more games short term, but I doubt anywhere he could be as successful long term as he could here.

👍

Spot on mate ..... correct in all you say.

:UK:

I’d have Kamara and Arfield in that midfield three every game we play.  Davis and Jack have been performing well recently too.  I would expect us to add another quality midfielder in the summer who can bring us much needed creativity and goals.

If McCrorie has concerns about not starting then I’d say he’s right.  If he’s not willing to wait then let the guy move on.  I doubt we would get much for him by way of a transfer fee.  A loan would probably be better for everyone at this moment in time.  

Kamara has surprised me and is obviously a quality footballer and one who is thriving in a better team.Some guys regress in better teams when more is expected of them but Kamara has shown when surrounded by better players that he is up to the job. MCCrorie has something to offer so I'm not sure I'd send him on loan just yet.Where would we send him?Scotland or lower English leagues? 

7 hours ago, LilyTheOrange said:

Kamara has surprised me and is obviously a quality footballer and one who is thriving in a better team.Some guys regress in better teams when more is expected of them but Kamara has shown when surrounded by better players that he is up to the job. MCCrorie has something to offer so I'm not sure I'd send him on loan just yet.Where would we send him?Scotland or lower English leagues? 

Not many places will be able to develop mccrorie like we need him to now, the boy just doesnt need any game time, he needs game time in a team thats gonna be like ours, a dominating, possession controlling team who'll face other teams sitting in

On 22/04/2019 at 22:32, TMB said:

I’d have Kamara and Arfield in that midfield three every game we play.  Davis and Jack have been performing well recently too.  I would expect us to add another quality midfielder in the summer who can bring us much needed creativity and goals.

If McCrorie has concerns about not starting then I’d say he’s right.  If he’s not willing to wait then let the guy move on.  I doubt we would get much for him by way of a transfer fee.  A loan would probably be better for everyone at this moment in time.  

Arfield has looked so much better playing further forward. I hope he doesn’t play centre midfield again.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It’s where’s the next Ross McCrorie? Where’s the next Glenn Middleton? They’re the players that’s going to help us achieve things with the first-team and that’s priority.

“If along the way we manage to win the reserve league or youth cup, great, good for the kids, good experience to win and that’s all fantastic.

That's in an interview in today's sun. Think this might be nonsense 

Prospects need access to the first team to develop .Even more so just now .Kai Kennedy will be chapping the door loudest next season and we could see a very useful addition to the team not just the squad with this guy .

No point punting every young guy out on loan .

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

It’s where’s the next Ross McCrorie? Where’s the next Glenn Middleton? They’re the players that’s going to help us achieve things with the first-team and that’s priority.

“If along the way we manage to win the reserve league or youth cup, great, good for the kids, good experience to win and that’s all fantastic.

That's in an interview in today's sun. Think this might be nonsense 

Someone is stirring the shit around this boy and not for the first time with a young Rangers player. Getting them unsettled and moaning about not playing then dropping hints they need to leave. 

Stevie has singled him and Middleton out as the future of Rangers, so they need to find out who is doing the stirring and get them away from McCrorie. 

Rose McCrorie has a very bright future and should be going nowhere, we already made a mistake last season by not keeping Bates.......we can't afford to do the same again as he'll be a top player for someone if we do.

For me he would be the 1st name on the teamsheet for any game that's going to be a battle, his defensive positional sense and breaking up of play is soo underrated and probably shouldn't have been dropped after his good run in the team.  However he needs to understand he has plenty of time to secure his place in the side and I genuinely think he'll be a mainstay in years to come.