Gordon Smith

Scott Brown having that red card against Ross County overturned in 2017 was a watershed moment when it came to the Compliance Officer.  Appeal everything and everything because you never know what might happen.  The more decisions that are appealed, the more appalled people get, the better.  Retrospective refereeing has no place in football get it to fuck.

2 hours ago, mountaineer said:

i met him a few yrs ago ,we asked him to do something ,his response was" I have a mortgage to pay and need all the media work i can get ." sums him up right there.

👍

With his kowtowing attitude (from this latest column of his) ..... he should be mortgage free within a year or two if this is his approach to appeasing his tarrier employers .... 🤮.

:UK:

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

👍

With his kowtowing attitude (from this latest column of his) ..... he should be mortgage free within a year or two if this is his approach to appeasing his tarrier employers .... 🤮.

Look , we all have to get by in one way or another but to slag off your previous employer for a crust so as to appease the taigs is beyond the pale , let's see him naming and shaming the tims with the current paedo exposure more than enough their to pay off the mortgage , BUT ,the mhedia will black ball him so goes for the one they all want to read about ie Rangers .could NEVER sell my soul to these bastards for a coin .

Do you almost think it's over-compensation with these people? We see ourselves as being a classy club  which will feed through players and staff. So maybe when it comes to time after Rangers people like Smith find it very difficult to place themselves. Should I just say what i usually would and it will come across as biased towards Rangers or will I try to counteract it to be more neutral?

Maybe some ex-employees try to counteract it a bit too much and it ends up being negative towards us and pissing us all off.

Probably talking shit, but hey ho what's new? :lol:

22 minutes ago, mountaineer said:

Look , we all have to get by in one way or another but to slag off your previous employer for a crust so as to appease the taigs is beyond the pale , let's see him naming and shaming the tims with the current paedo exposure more than enough their to pay off the mortgage , BUT ,the mhedia will black ball him so goes for the one they all want to read about ie Rangers .could NEVER sell my soul to these bastards for a coin .

???????

Look? ....  Why mate? ..... I totally agree.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Scott Brown having that red card against Ross County overturned in 2017 was a watershed moment when it came to the Compliance Officer.  Appeal everything and everything because you never know what might happen.  The more decisions that are appealed, the more appalled people get, the better.  Retrospective refereeing has no place in football get it to fuck.

post of the day from TMB

14 hours ago, Creampuff said:

The hearing did not “overturn” a 2 match ban. There was never a 2 match ban in place.

The hearing upheld the decision of the referee, which is exactly what they’re bound to do unless there is clear evidence as to why they should intervene. It sounds nit-picky, but it is important in situations like these.

I thought they offered flanagan a 2 match ban, which Rangers told them to fuck off and won the appeal

22 hours ago, Malvern said:

The Scottish Fenian Association will tell us what the rules are when they need to be applied to fuck our players over.

To be fair, they upheld the correct interpretation of the rule. Its the fact that it was brought up in the first place and the rule not being applied properly in the first instance that was the problem. 

Did they not say a few years back that the 3 person panel was picked at random from a selection of people who were ex-refs, players etc...? 

I know that down south they used to have the same rule as we do but they changed it (after a brutal challenge by some player who I can't remember, but he broke the guys leg or something like that) so that if there was a challenge by a player that the ref noticed but it was clear that the yellow should've been a red (or worse) that they could upgrade the yellow to a red or a few games ban. 

Maybe the panel didn't even read our version of the rule and just thought our rules were the same as the English version?? 

That seems to me to be the only explanation of how the panel upgraded the original refs decision, which we know they can't do with our rules. 

47 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

To be fair, they upheld the correct interpretation of the rule. Its the fact that it was brought up in the first place and the rule not being applied properly in the first instance that was the problem. 

Did they not say a few years back that the 3 person panel was picked at random from a selection of people who were ex-refs, players etc...? 

I know that down south they used to have the same rule as we do but they changed it (after a brutal challenge by some player who I can't remember, but he broke the guys leg or something like that) so that if there was a challenge by a player that the ref noticed but it was clear that the yellow should've been a red (or worse) that they could upgrade the yellow to a red or a few games ban. 

Maybe the panel didn't even read our version of the rule and just thought our rules were the same as the English version?? 

That seems to me to be the only explanation of how the panel upgraded the original refs decision, which we know they can't do with our rules. 

I can see what you are saying but if I went abroad and broke the law as in this country we do it a certain way then that would not be a defence and I would be for the high jump. It is my (or the panel in this case) responsibility to know what the rules are and if they want them changed to do it properly not during a hearing.

6 minutes ago, Malvern said:

I can see what you are saying but if I went abroad and broke the law as in this country we do it a certain way then that would not be a defence and I would be for the high jump. It is my (or the panel in this case) responsibility to know what the rules are and if they want them changed to do it properly not during a hearing.

I'm not saying that it's a defence. Just a possible explanation of why they done what they done. When it went to the appeal, that's when it went to people who actually work for the SFA and they overturned the panels wrong decision. 

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I know that down south they used to have the same rule as we do but they changed it (after a brutal challenge by some player who I can't remember, but he broke the guys leg or something like that)

Callum McManaman I think it was.