Dorrans attacked

G.E.C.

28 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

It doesn't matter where you go as a footballer.  There are a-holes everywhere if they recognise you. I have been to quiet spots abroad and seen footballers hassled.

Drunk men or women are just that stupid unfortunately and for some the hatred runs that deep, sober or drunk. Being under the influence causes the fixation to get completely out of control. 

That argument doesn't follow, though. If it did, nobody would minimise the chances of bad things happening by taking sensible precautions ever.

9 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Fantasy Rangers Island - The Reality Show 😂 

Okay I think I'll stop now. 

What I want to know and this is really a really serious question. 

Will any thread ever result in our own getting along with each other? 😬😁

Not while we continue with the self flagellation eveytime something happens to us or our own. 

Just for once it would nice for all us to turn and say, you know what there is nothing to even remotely think we deserved that and lay the blame where it properly belongs. 

Will be a cold day in Hell though, too many of us have swallow the taig narrative that we must be to blame for a bit of everything no matter what.  

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

That argument doesn't follow, though. If it did, nobody would minimise the chances of bad things happening by taking sensible precautions ever.

How do you minimise not crossing paths with a hate filled cunt?? 

Only way to do that would be to never leave the house. 

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's not an argument Inigo.

From what I have observed in the past, it doesn't matter where you go on holiday or anywhere in general,  there are people who just want to behave aggressively rather than just enjoy themselves and the company they're in. 

22 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I understand what @Inigo meant and personally if I earned a lot of money and was a very public character I'd avoid some of these places too because despite it being absolutely ridiculous that he can't go wherever he wants without fear of being attacked, the reality is that's unfortunately the case. It has been for a while now and I don't see it changing in the future. 

Don't think it's victim blaming to say that, not saying Dorrans was wrong to go, just projecting that I wouldn't have gone there and I think that's all @Inigo was trying to say. 

Hope Dorrans is OK and whoever did that to him is arrested swiftly with justice served. 

Very well put . 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

But there is a good chance this’ll happen if you’re either a Rangers or ***** player. They’re entitled to go on holiday where ever they want but common sense would suggest going elsewhere especially when it’s hoaching with green n grey neds, never mind anyone else. Doesn’t excuse what happened, of course. 

My point exactly, those cunts are everywhere at this time of year...we would be aswell telling them to stay at home....disgusting that he can't get a week or two away to relax

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How do you minimise not crossing paths with a hate filled cunt?? 

Only way to do that would be to never leave the house. 

By not going to places you know they're more likely to be and more likely to cause trouble. Doesn't guarantee anything, obviously, but minimises risk as far as possible.

As far as holidays go, that involves avoiding certain places. Folk saying it's not correct that players would be best advused not going to, say, Santa Ponsa are living in fantasy land where they're trying too hard to be offended at some perceived blaming of Dorrans for being assaulted.

1/ He's not ever to blame.

2/Players are best advised body serving some things. 

Both can be true. Both have always been obvious. It's always been known that players have been advised to be cautious about certain things. Players have talked about it in the past. About being careful where and when they go. Shouldn't be that way. Clearly is. 

9 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Scumbags that did this, the wife's aren't helping them either by posting pictures of were they are, yes this shouldn't be a problem but in todays climate it sadly could be used against them.

By that, you’re virtually blaming Jack’s wife?

Not as if somecunt has already videod Jack mwi yesterday.

12 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

It's not an argument Inigo.

From what I have observed in the past, it doesn't matter where you go on holiday or anywhere in general,  there are people who just want to behave aggressively rather than just enjoy themselves and the company they're in. 

Yes, but denying that some places are worse than others for it is head in the sand stuff. You can never eliminate risk. You CAN minimise it.

Would you say Santa Ponsa is a good place for a Rangers player's holiday?

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

By not going to places you know they're more likely to be and more likely to cause trouble. Doesn't guarantee anything, obviously, but minimises risk as far as possible.

As far as holidays go, that involves avoiding certain places. Folk saying it's not correct that players would be best advused not going to, say, Santa Ponsa are living in fantasy land where they're trying too hard to be offended at some perceived blaming of Dorrans for being assaulted.

1/ He's not ever to blame.

2/Players are best advised body serving some things. 

Both can be true. Both have always been obvious. It's always been known that players have been advised to be cautious about certain things. Players have talked about it in the past. About being careful where and when they go. Shouldn't be that way. Clearly is. 

Your first sentence and your argument falls flat. 

Ive meet hate filled cunts in all walks of life, in fact more so in places that as you believe you won’t find them. Money and privilege seems to bring the worst out of people. 

So again you will meet these cunts no matter how hard you try and avoid them. When folk finally decide the whole fault lies with the hate filled cunts then we might be making some progress. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Your first sentence and your argument falls flat. 

Ive meet hate filled cunts in all walks of life, in fact more so in places that as you believe you won’t find them. Money and privilege seems to bring the worst out of people. 

So again you will meet these cunts no matter how hard you try and avoid them. When folk finally decide the whole fault lies with the hate filled cunts then we might be making some progress. 

That's dug shit mate. Are you more likely to find pissed up mhanks in Santa Ponsa or, I dont know, Cala Galdaba in Menorca? It's like folk don't understand what minimise means. And like folk are just wilfully blanking that we know that players do take precautions. Have for years. They used to talk about it.