Dorrans attacked

G.E.C.

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I did. 'I'm not saying it's less likely on a Greek island or anywhere else'. That combined with the last paragraph suggests you see no difference between Greek island and Santa Ponsa, risk wise.

Two straight question then. Do you think a Rangers player would be more likely to get grief in Santa Ponsa than a sleepy Greek island? Do you think a Rangers player would be well advised to avoid Santa Ponsa?

'As soon as he's outside Glasgow, i would say he's less likely to be attacked based on the team he plays for, but there's still chance he'll get attacked from a random drunken arsehole'

That was the part i was talking about.

I would say the likelihood of a player getting grief would depend on a lot of things tbh, and the location would still be irrelevant because arseholes are everywhere.

Just now, BlueMe said:

'As soon as he's outside Glasgow, i would say he's less likely to be attacked based on the team he plays for, but there's still chance he'll get attacked from a random drunken arsehole'

That was the part i was talking about.

I would say the likelihood of a player getting grief would depend on a lot of things tbh, and the location would still be irrelevant because arseholes are everywhere.

So you don't think there's a higher probability of bother in Santa Ponsa than a sleepy Greek island.

And you presumably then don't think Rangers players would be well advised to avoid somewhere like Santa Ponsa 

That's the head in the sand stuff. 

I see where inigo is coming from tbh. 

From my perspective i think we as supporters and most of all, the players have fallen into this idea the old firm rivalry is diluted a bit due to our issues over the last few years as we couldnt really match their spending power or their squad but as the shettleston harriers get more itchy about 10  (and the real possibility lennon or best case scenario for us, moyes gets the job)then this is going to happen, so far we have seen players verbally abused at supermarkets, supporters nights attacked, ex player verbally abused at an airport, celtic supporters stabbing each other and then we are apportioned the blame and now with saturdays open top bus parade should they turn over hearts. We view them as an obsessive joke support but in reality if the power appears to slipping away from them,  they are looking to goad us into a reaction.  

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

So you don't think there's a higher probability of bother in Santa Ponsa than a sleepy Greek island.

And you presumably then don't think Rangers players would be well advised to avoid somewhere like Santa Ponsa 

That's the head in the sand stuff. 

The chances of him being attacked when he's out in Glasgow are higher than any of those places, considering the amount of idiots who hate everything to do with Rangers, including the players, I'm sure you'll agree?

Using your logic, he'd be well advised to stay away from Glasgow, just incase.

3 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Scumbags that did this, the wife's aren't helping them either by posting pictures of were they are, yes this shouldn't be a problem but in todays climate it sadly could be used against them.

So you're saying Ryan Jack's wife is to blame for Dorrans being assaulted?

1 hour ago, cstamomusa said:

I lived in Largs at the time Rangers and the Scotland team came down and they were always welcomed.  It was great business for the town,  I got autographs from several players when the were walking around down town.  Even the Jinky Johnstone boating incident was was a great source of amusement to all never mind your what team you supported.   

👍

Different times and attitudes towards players and clubs back then mate ..... the hatred now being acted out towards our Club and its employees is something that defies sanity ..... rivalry between fans has now been escalated to outright hatred towards our players .... as this recent attack proves.

Sadly it's the times we live in .... hopefully the Dorrans and the Jacks are allowed to enjoy what is left of their break and the culprit gets sorted by the police.

:UK:

Just now, BlueMe said:

The chances of him being attacked when he's out in Glasgow are higher than any of those places, considering the amount of idiots who hate everything to do with Rangers, including the players, I'm sure you'll agree?

Using your logic, he'd be well advised to stay away from Glasgow, just incase.

They pretty much have to exist in Glasgow and the West. Don't really have a choice given what they do and who for. But they'll rightly take precautions there to minimise the risks of that. As they always have.

With holidays, they can be far more effective in minimising their risks. They don't have to go to Santa Ponsa (or San Antonio) to live their day to day lives as a Rangers players the way they have to go to parts of Glasgow and the West.

And just because a risk is smaller doesn't mean you dont get rid of the risk if you can. You can in terms of Santa Ponsa, not so much in terms of Glasgow. Although, that said, I suspect that players avoid GCC most of the time. Players will take precautions drinking, shopping, eating and so on. So makes sense to do it in terms of how you holiday too.

It's telling you avoid the Santa Ponsa question. Want to give it a try?

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

So you're saying Ryan Jack's wife is to blame for Dorrans being assaulted?

She’s definitely not to blame but she has increased the risk of some bam turning up at their location if she’s tweeted about it. 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

They pretty much have to exist in Glasgow and the West. Don't really have a choice given what they do and who for. But they'll rightly take precautions there to minimise the risks of that. As they always have.

With holidays, they can be far more effective in minimising their risks. They don't have to go to Santa Ponsa (or San Antonio) to live their day to day lives as a Rangers players the way they have to go to parts of Glasgow and the West.

And just because a risk is smaller doesn't mean you dont get rid of the risk if you can. You can in terms of Santa Ponsa, not so much in terms of Glasgow. Although, that said, I suspect that players avoid GCC most of the time. Players will take precautions drinking, shopping, eating and so on. So makes sense to do it in terms of how you holiday too.

It's telling you avoid the Santa Ponsa question. Want to give it a 

As i said earlier, I've seen Footballers from various teams out in restaurants and clubs at the weekend, surrounded by people who are pished, so I'm not sure where you're getting the taking precautions to minimise risk thing from tbh.

I thought i had answered the Santa Ponsa question already mate. 

Just now, BlueMe said:

As i said earlier, I've seen Footballers from various teams out in restaurants and clubs at the weekend, surrounded by people who are pished, so I'm not sure where you're getting the taking precautions to minimise risk thing from tbh.

I thought i had answered the Santa Ponsa question already mate. 

Nope. The second Santa Ponsa one. Do you think a Rangers player deciding on a holiday would be well advised to avoid Santa Ponsa?

OF footballers have always said they take care where they go, when and who with.

4 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Would assume that would be the police's job, not the media's...

Maybe so but when Rangers played in florida they where quick to find the name of the lassy singing the billy boys. So here's hoping they stay true to that matra. Dont think that  will happen tho.

Btw, dunno if anyone's ever seen foreign office travel advice pages? Give advice on precautions you should take to minimise risks etc. And by giving that advice they're not saying it's your fault if you don't take precautions and you're mugged. Maybe they should stop giving that advice seeing as it's the criminal that's always at fault and we should therefore never consider minimising risks of anything or take precautions in any way.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nope. The second Santa Ponsa one. Do you think a Rangers player deciding on a holiday would be well advised to avoid Santa Ponsa?

OF footballers have always said they take care where they go, when and who with.

I've never actually been to Santa Ponsa, but I'm guessing it has a reputation for being a bit rough? 

If that's the case then i would advise anyone to avoid Santa Ponsa. 

Starting to think you've had a bad experience in Santa Ponsa now tbh.

Just now, BlueMe said:

I've never actually been to Santa Ponsa, but I'm guessing it has a reputation for being a bit rough? 

If that's the case then i would advise anyone to avoid Santa Ponsa. 

Starting to think you've had a bad experience in Santa Ponsa now tbh.

Santa Ponsa famously becomes Tim town in the summer. Hoaching. So would it be reasonable to advise Rangers players, specifically, to avoid it?

Just now, Inigo said:

Santa Ponsa famously becomes Tim town in the summer. Hoaching. So would it be reasonable to advise Rangers players, specifically, to avoid it?

If that's the case, then yes, definitely avoid it, just like they would be well advised to avoid drinking in a celtic bar or wearing a Rangers top outside celtic park.

That's minimising risk, but not comparable to Ibiza in may, imo.

It's the fucking summer holidays in 5 weeks time and no one has confirmed yet where's safe to go.

UVF tattoo, union Jack shorts and Great British passport at the ready but I'll be spending 2 weeks here unless you lot can come to an agreement. Fucking easier sorting Brexit.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's the fucking summer holidays in 5 weeks time and no one has confirmed yet where's safe to go.

UVF tattoo, union Jack shorts and Great British passport at the ready but I'll be spending 2 weeks here unless you lot can come to an agreement. Fucking easier sorting Brexit.

mind the 50p flute 😂😂