Dorrans attacked

G.E.C.

3 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Amazing the amount of people jumping on their high horse and attacking Inigo for what was a reasonable post.

Stories going round now that he's not been bottled at all and it was a punch. Not that that makes it any better.

He should be able to go wherever he wants on holiday. He should be able to walk around without worrying about being attacked.

Sadly, we all know he can't though and that's the point Inigo was making. He never said it was Dorrans' fault ffs :lol:

Exactly. Everyone knows all of this is true (maybe except Blue Avenger in his own wee world) but they're still getting their knickers in a twist.

Should be able to, clearly can't. I'm sure we'd watch a group of the squad go off to Santa Ponsa and think 'good choice, lads. Nice beach.' Extreme example obv, but it's just a sad fact of life that you have to be sensible as a pro Rangers player with trouble making filth out there. It's a shame this is so, and I feel for the players. Must be shire.

This does not equate with blaming Dorrans. It does not equate to victim blaming. That's a daft simplification.

9 hours ago, Billythebear77 said:

Cunts on twitter saying it was a Dundee Utd fan 

If that's true, then everyone want to pile along to Paisley for the second leg. Help keep that club out our division. Last thing we need in the spl next season is another club who hates us. 

9 hours ago, Inigo said:

Why the fuck, as a famous footballer, would you ho to Ibiza, never mind San Antonio?

I'd be going to some quiet wee Greek resort or something.

Amount of folk not actually reading this post and then getting their knickers in a twist is just a bit cringey.

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Exactly. Everyone knows all of this is true (maybe except Blue Avenger in his own wee world) but they're still getting their knickers in a twist.

Should be able to, clearly can't. I'm sure we'd watch a group of the squad go off to Santa Ponsa and think 'good choice, lads. Nice beach.' Extreme example obv, but it's just a sad fact of life that you have to be sensible as a pro Rangers player with trouble making filth out there. It's a shame this is so, and I feel for the players. Must be shire.

This does not equate with blaming Dorrans. It does not equate to victim blaming. That's a daft simplification.

He's more at risk walking through Glasgow city centre at night than he is holidaying in Ibiza in may. 

Where he goes is irrelevant, arseholes are everywhere. 

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Amount of folk not actually reading this post and then getting their knickers in a twist is just a bit cringey.

What way you suppose to read it....it reads to me that if you go to Ibiza and you are well known football player then there is a good chance this was going to happen??

Or am I missing something ?

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

He's more at risk walking through Glasgow city centre at night than he is holidaying in Ibiza in may. 

Where he goes is irrelevant, arseholes are everywhere. 

Bet he doesn't hit Gladgow city centre on a Friday night, sauntering up Sauchiehall Street, just the two of them. Because footballers here generally take precautions. We all know they do ffs. 

I haven’t read all the posts etc etc so this is no way an attack on anyone here..... but unless Doran’s was sitting in the emerald Ibiza CFC supporters club then the guy should be able to go wherever the fuck he wants. Now I don’t know the finer details of this but I’d bet my house he was attacked simply because he plays for Rangers!! 

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

What if he’s a Dundee Utd fan? Kinda makes a fool of @Blue Avenger with his taig references 

Whoever it is they are scum  

😂

Triggered!

Em, the last time I looked their support was taig infested, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good appeaser agenda.

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Bet he doesn't hit Gladgow city centre on a Friday night, sauntering up Sauchiehall Street, just the two of them. Because footballers here generally take precautions. We all know they do ffs. 

It doesn't need to happen on a Friday night though, that's the point. McAlister was attacked standing at a taxi rank, Morelos got abused walking into a shop. The where, is irrelevant. 

You can take all the precautions you like, but that won't stop arseholes being arseholes. 

You're more likely to get shot in America than you are in Glasgow, but that doesn't stop people going to America and it doesn't mean people don't get shot in Glasgow. 

21 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Seriously bad attempt at back peddling.

Your premise is flawed as ever. 

Stay safe in your appeaser bubble. The world will be a much safer safer place if we were all sensible and avoided taigs. Let them do what they want and we can all hide under our beds.

BTW, can you get me one of them holiday brochures with the taig alerts in them?

:rofl:

10 hours ago, Inigo said:

Why the fuck, as a famous footballer, would you ho to Ibiza, never mind San Antonio?

I'd be going to some quiet wee Greek resort or something.

Fucking stupid comment. If he wants to go and party with friends or whoever he is with after a long season out injured then good on him. These players are only human like us and shouldn't have to fear going places because of tarrier scum. 

27 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

What way you suppose to read it....it reads to me that if you go to Ibiza and you are well known football player then there is a good chance this was going to happen??

Or am I missing something ?

But there is a good chance this’ll happen if you’re either a Rangers or ***** player. They’re entitled to go on holiday where ever they want but common sense would suggest going elsewhere especially when it’s hoaching with green n grey neds, never mind anyone else. Doesn’t excuse what happened, of course. 

53 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I know why neds bottle folk. Don't need to ask. 

*Should* be able to. In the world we're in he can't, though. See the evidence tonight. Not Dorrans' fault in the slightest  but the point that footballers are best advised to be careful about where they go is obvious. 

Fine, but they have to be careful about whatever they do in public. Going on a couples holiday is hardly a recipe for trouble and the default position shouldn’t be “they shouldn’t have gone there” it should be “why the fuck is that even happening”.

19 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

It doesn't need to happen on a Friday night though, that's the point. McAlister was attacked standing at a taxi rank, Morelos got abused walking into a shop. The where, is irrelevant. 

You can take all the precautions you like, but that won't stop arseholes being arseholes. 

You're more likely to get shot in America than you are in Glasgow, but that doesn't stop people going to America and it doesn't mean people don't get shot in Glasgow. 

When it can happen isn't the point. We all know that,  the point is that in all situations, certain ones more than others,  you take precautions. Footballers go out on a Tuesday to a certain club, avoiding other clubs. They dont go alone. If you go on holiday, you go to some places not others. People going to Anerica dont go to shite estates if they can avoid it.

Let's not kid ourselves that footballers don't do this. Or that they shouldnt.

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What a bloody embarrassment of a thread. 

Guys and their wife’s go on holiday to blow of some steam and get assaulted for the simple reason they play football for a certain team, and a portion of the blame falls on them. 

Fucking bonkers. 

I must say you are bang on with that CB. I am sure they (both couples were there last season, could be wrong) and probably have been going for a while, and if they have had no problems in the past I am sure they never thought it would be any different this time.

I just hope he is not too badly hurt and can enjoy the rest of his holiday with his wife and family.