If we lose Tav, Kent and Morelos...

graeme_4

Are the Tav rumours genuine? I can’t even see him wanting to leave without winning the league, especially after just getting made captain.

Would like Kent back, especially for the games against the scum but if it’s not to be then so be it. 

If we get anywhere near £15 million for Morelos (don’t see that happening at all btw) then cheerio. Excellent first half of the season, mixed bag in the second half up until he signed his new deal then was fucking shite any other time he played after that. Clearly wants to move on as well. Best for everybody if we part ways. 

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Fantastic analysis. 

If we get rid of our three best players then our team will be weaker.

Only if we don't replace them with the same or better Creampuff

If we brought in Trent Alexander Arnold, Messi and Ronaldo we'd be just as strong I'd say

2 hours ago, Strathaven_Loyal said:

Honestly as long as Tav stays I'm okay with the other 2 going. We played our best football of the season those half a dozen games before Killie on the last day of the season and that was without Morelos. As far as Kent goes, he was brilliant for us but outwith the Old Firm games I don't think he was as important as Tav or Arfield were to the team and we have other players in that position to replace him. 

Those half of dozen games co insided with league being over and no pressure.

If people think that's the saving grace they're in for a shock next season. 

Team bottled it when it mattered wouldnt read into the 6 games at the end.

Dont think there’s a player in the world we could attract that would match Tav’s contribution from his position. 

We cant afford not to cash in on Alfredo unfortunately. Crazy to say after his improvement and return this season, but i actually think we’ve wasted him a bit this season. We left him isolated practically all season and over relied on him. He’d have over 40 if we had Kent and Arfield as close too him as they were to Defoe down the stretch this season. He was irreplaceable before the tactical changes, but now i’m more confident that we can replace him. 

Morelos wants away so he can go if the price is right...and it would be great if we got Kent on loan for another season.As others have said, Tav is the most valuable of the 3 to the team and the hardest to replace imo. Hope we can hold onto Tav for at least another season as 55 will be much harder to achieve without our captain.

It will be interesting to see the 3 or 4 quality star signings SG makes in the summer.............if he gets those right we are in with a real shout for the SPFL title.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If we lose Tav & Mo then we might as well kiss 55 goodbye for another year. 

The chances of getting direct replacements in and them hitting the  ground running is slim. 

Mo Ross? Or Mo johnston? 

You are the only person that calls him that, ever.

it annoys the life out of me :angrywillie:

I think they are all replaceable, Jimmy, Rybo and Al would be a big loss to the team but there are players out there who are as good.

my only problem going by our signing policy we end up with Alan Hutton, Sone Aluko and Andy Little as replacements.

Stay or go, all hypothetical. Either way we will improve.

Difficult to replace a 30 goal striker mind you and even worse I now think, is how do you replace a 19 goal right back?!

We'd be looking at a change in how we are set up.

TBH, I see the stuff's there in Gerrard and will have little problem in managing any change in personnel or style of play.

28 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Mo Ross? Or Mo johnston? 

You are the only person that calls him that, ever.

it annoys the life out of me :angrywillie:

I think they are all replaceable, Jimmy, Rybo and Al would be a big loss to the team but there are players out there who are as good.

my only problem going by our signing policy we end up with Alan Hutton, Sone Aluko and Andy Little as replacements.

Can I call Tav, Tav??? Our is shortening their surname a no no all round. 

We simply can’t sell our best players hope to replace them, plus add the quality we need for the money we have and expect to win anything. 

If you look at any successful team they keep their spine/Core players intact and add quality around them. 

Truly hope our Skipper stays.

Alfie has hinted at leaving, if he goes, he has been an amazing signing for his fee. Massive profit awaits if so. Can be replaced, I'm sure.

Kent isn't ours and would be more than happy to have him back. If his desire to be here is not 100%, he can be replaced also.

Even losing 2 from 3 is not a big threat to our chances, as long as Tav isn't 1 of them.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

If they go we reinvest the 30million minimum they would be replaced and we'd be stronger overall.

I don't know about that, spending more never guarantees you a quality player it just increases the chance. Will the player fit in, be happy, injury free and perform? - those are other variables.

With Tav, Morelos & Kent you know what you're getting unless one of them gets an injury.

Signing 6 x 5m players with say 2 of them being shite, 3 of them being good and one of them being very good doesn't sound that amazing does it? Let's face it, 5m gets you nowhere near the quality you were able to get a decade ago.

Look how much the scum have wasted on their signings, nothing's guaranteed at all and we'd have to be incredibly lucky to get back what we got rid of.

Just now, Blueteeth said:

I don't know about that, spending more never guarantees you a quality player it just increases the chance. Will the player fit in, be happy, injury free and perform? - those are other variables.

With Tav, Morelos & Kent you know what you're getting unless one of them gets an injury.

Signing 6 x 5m players with say 2 of them being shite, 3 of them being good and one of them being very good doesn't sound that amazing does it? Let's face it, 5m gets you nowhere near the quality you were able to get a decade ago.

Look how much the scum have wasted on their signings, nothing's guaranteed at all and we'd have to be incredibly lucky to get back what we got rid of.

Of course it never guarantees anything but we will be in a position of strength to go and use they funds to improve the squad.

Tav and morelos combined cost us 1.2million in terms of value we might never see it again in today's market.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Of course it never guarantees anything but we will be in a position of strength to go and use they funds to improve the squad.

Tav and morelos combined cost us 1.2million in terms of value we might never see it again in today's market.

It's going to be hellish to pull that kind of thing off again, but it depends on how good your scouting system is. If it's shite then you're incredibly lucky if you come across a player.

tbh, I'm not sure how good our scouting system is now or if we're growing it or not.

37 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can I call Tav, Tav??? Our is shortening their surname a no no all round. 

We simply can’t sell our best players hope to replace them, plus add the quality we need for the money we have and expect to win anything. 

If you look at any successful team they keep their spine/Core players intact and add quality around them. 

As long as you don’t start calling him Ta and we don’t have to read your post twice to figure who you’re talking about 👍 only kidding bud call them and whatever you want if it annoys ppl fuck it I would probably do it more myself.

I would much rather keep all 3, as you say they are part of the core but I wouldn’t be panicking if all three went, if MO and TA 😂 did go (and nothing is set in stone as yet) we would get a good price for the two of them and would have to invest in tried and tested players to replace them but there is plenty out there to choose from.