Our Best Underwhelming Signing Success?

sco22y

Shut the thread down now 'cos I win, 😀............back in the day we signed a boy from Shetleston juniors who was to go on and become a midfield genius for us, yes folks I give you the one and only Bobby Russell,............unless you followed the juniors then nobody would have heard of him, now that has to be the definition of an underwhelming signing.

Ronald Waterreus. Signed in January when Klos got injured and hadn’t played for ages. I seem to remember the tims thinking that they’d win the league because of our goalkeeping situation, and to be honest, I feared the worst. Anyways, he turned in some solid performances, one at the piggery too, and helped win the league.

1 minute ago, murzo said:

Ronald Waterreus. Signed in January when Klos got injured and hadn’t played for ages. I seem to remember the tims thinking that they’d win the league because of our goalkeeping situation, and to be honest, I feared the worst. Anyways, he turned in some solid performances, one at the piggery too, and helped win the league.

His kicking accuracy was unbelievable. 

A lot of the players I'd say like Novo, Weir and Andrews have been mentioned. 

This wont be popular because he's a bit of a bastard against us now but Kirk Broadfoot? Not the greatest player by any stretch but did his job and contributed to title winning teams especially the 08-09 side. He also played a part in our UEFA Cup run.

8 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I'm starting to wonder about you lately. He is the best right back in Scottish football. Underwhelming suucess? You bet ya!!

I'm not wondering about you

It's called opinions 

Be a boring world if we agreed on everything

Jerome Rothen for about 7 and a half minutes into his debut.....Fell to shit after that.

Bougherra, Cuellar, Weir.

Neil McCann for me. Was so underrated and his crossing and ability to beat a man were excellent. Was signed in 98 i think along with the likes of Numan, Van Bronckhorst, Guivarch, Kanchelskis etc kinda under the radar a wee bit.

4 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

A lot of the players I'd say like Novo, Weir and Andrews have been mentioned. 

This wont be popular because he's a bit of a bastard against us now but Kirk Broadfoot? Not the greatest player by any stretch but did his job and contributed to title winning teams especially the 08-09 side. He also played a part in our UEFA Cup run.

Get what youre saying but i still have nightmares thinking about him trying to take a throw in.

Just now, SIRB_72 said:

Aw your no kidding. Between throw-ins and poaching eggs he wasn't the brightest.

Haha. Made up for it though when he ripped mcgeady a new arsehole and laughed at him.

Was a typical Walter Smith signing. Underwhelmimg but got the best out of him and could rely on him in big games.

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Aye. Those 3 years were all big bad Tav's fault. 🙄

Jesus 

Who said it was ffs 

Can't you get it. I don't like him as much as you tav lovers do

I hope he is picking up trophies this season. He fucking better be