Press Conference : Gerrard and Halliday

Virtuoso

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Is it me or is Gerrard more ruthless this year?

He's got more options in attack, hopefully more quality, good that players will have to up their levels to compete for a short, as it should be, last season perhaps he had to make do with certain players, requiring a different man management strategy. Good managers need to be ruthless, there's no room for sentiment,

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

He has to be. He's had a year, sized up the squad and the league. We fell short last year due to our own inconsistency and mistakes. If we are going to do better this year ruthlessness will be required. 

1 minute ago, DrLaudrup said:

He has to be. He's had a year, sized up the squad and the league. We fell short last year due to our own inconsistency and mistakes. If we are going to do better this year ruthlessness will be required. 

I agree and I didn't say he shouldn't be.

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I think he will be. I’m sure he’s also learned from last seasons mistakes and if he can turn the costly draws into wins this time round I’m positive we will win the league. 

4 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He’s got to get more competition for places in the squad. Get the right type of players in the squad then get them to fight for the jersey. Candeias strikes me as the kind of player to knuckle down and get back into the first team and make it count when he does.

complacency is the enemy within and will often lead to inexplicable dips in form so keeping all of the players on their toes as to who starts each game should help but tinker too much and you disrupt rhythm and momentum in the team.

100% mate. 

8 hours ago, bluenoz said:

That is a trait essential to a manager and he will be when required, if you are not doing it you are out and that is exactly how it should be.