My, my, how things have changed

beararse

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

I am glad we are still a proper football club, Steven Gerrard will also be a better manager for his stint here where we still require value for money, the money in England's top flight is off the scale mental and I honestly would not thank you for it.

When Man City had a penalty in a game last year nearly every single person behind the goal had their phone up to take a photo wtf is that about?

Agreed 100% mate 👍🏻

Why are folk still banging on about this?

Its been the case for nearly 20 year now. We can’t compete with English clubs and are a stepping stone to that league for the majority of players. It is what it is, The likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and City used to be up in arms when we continually beat them to players back in the 80/90’s...we even turned over Man United when Gaza’s choose us over them. 

TV money now dictates how football is played out and it’s not going to change anytime soon so just accept it and concentrate on being no 1 in Scotland which we have been making look far more difficult than it should be recently. 

23 minutes ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Glory Hunting then? Simple fact is a lot of our support grew up watching the success we had, We are going through the toughest period in our clubs history and in a way i am honored to be apart of the bad times as much as i was with the good times. We are not the spending giants we once where but when it comes to our support we are the most loyal and passionate in the world 👍 win lose or draw we are there. 

or down the pub.

If by ‘glory hunting’ you mean supporting Rangers from the early 70s, thro the tail end of the 70s and early 80s when we were absolute gash, the successful 9iar years and the past 7 years then yep, glory hunting.

Not sure how I’m a glory hunter by simply lamenting what we were and what we currently are.

Never said I had lost any of my love of Rangers did I?

Not sure how you  and others can’t grasp my disappointment that Rangers fans are so starved of success  nowadays that we  are desperate to sign a 22 year old reserve player when not too long ago we were signing some of the best players in the world .

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

Fair enough. The last paragraph of your post seems to imply this is an issue solely with us and not Scottish football in general, hence some of the creation you have received. 

It’s football in general.

To be honest, I’m not interested in any one else hence the wording.

We (Rangers, and Scottish football in general) have become bottom feeders, scurrying around looking for scraps when not too long ago we were sitting at the top table.

Loads of reasons for the decline which have been discussed to death.

1 hour ago, Unionblue said:

The kind of thread a Green mutant would delight in starting, not that I know anything about the guy or girl,  just seems fucking odd.

Ah, the old ‘Yer a taig’ response. Classic...and you’ve only just joined us too.

That’ll boost your ‘likes’ no end.

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

See your feeling right at home chucking stupid fucking insults about to fellow bears. 

Place has gone to shit recently 

right at home?  what do you mean?  I take people as I find them,  you can fuck off

Rangers is a magnificent football club, with a quite incredible support, stuck in a crap league with poor income flows.

This is the frustration for me.

There is only so much we can do on this basis.

I will never forget the superb football in the Advocaat years, where we were not far off winning the Champions’ League......look how unlucky we were in both games against Bayern!

The vast money on offer in the EPL means that our league is regarded as a pub league, approaching the standard of Welsh and Irish leagues.

So our joy will only come from gibbing them, getting 55 and going a few rounds in Europe.

The good news is that, after the hellish years, we’re now beginning to look more like Rangers.

The shambles behind the scenes with Ashley is a disaster for us, a complete embarrassment that will make us a laughing stock and cost millions that we can’t afford.

According to my gran penny caramels used to only cost 1p and they were the size of your forearm, back when sweeties were sweeties.

How times have changed eh.

Unless a secret billionaire gets the itch to sing the sash or Dr who pops by in his time machine we just need to accept reality.

By all means try and create the best future possible but reminiscing about the past is about as much use as tits on a fish.

On 07/08/2019 at 17:31, beararse said:

No’ really....

The section you highlighted  is exactly what I’m getting at.

Our level is so far removed from what it used to be.

I appreciate these big name signings of the past led us ultimately to financial ruin but it’s depressing as fuck, having lived through the highs,  to find ourselves in this current position.

In the 1970s we had more financial clout than any other British Club. Even Man U wanted to partner us with their pools. TV, particularly pay TV changed everything.

29 minutes ago, Jimbo. said:

A couple of years ago we had Sandaza and Daly playing up-front with Law and Black in the middle.

We're doing alright.

I've been basking in the glow of last night's result and performance all morning and you bring the spectre of Nicky fucking Law back onto the boards😢.

Games a bogey now. that's my weekend fucked...........😉