What does Rangers mean too you

The Blue

Has been and will always be the love of my life .Hope the wife dose not read this, came from a family who were all mad Rangers supporters . I dont get to many games now am an older bear  but still working . Have lived through their  9 in a row terrible times and some great European adventures , some really bad times god bless the 66 who never came home.  My son has the same name as one of our great centre halfs.  Love your team and your queen .

You know the old saying about changing your car, your wife etc but you cant change your team. 

My Granda, Dad, me and son are all bluenoses and i like that thread that runs through the family. Its important to me that continues and im sure it will. 

My family always comes first, then its a toss up between Rangers and golf. Other than that i dont care for much  else.

Like other's have said if there was no Rangers i dont think id bother with football.

9 hours ago, Rasedw said:

I've never lived in Scotland. I'm from mid Wales, during my youth I always was hounded by Welsh nationalists in this area and I hated it. I've never connected with the celtic Welsh identity. And always seen my self as British rather than Welsh. I have  Welsh parents. English born. Scottish and Northern Irish family .

Because there isn't really any local clubs in my area. I didn't really support a team for the early years of my life. I'd go to watch Aston Villa with my grandad. But that was it really.

When I saw Rangers play for the first time in like 2007-2008. I fell Iove with the culture of the club. Whilst most of my friends supported top 6 EPL teams. I'd actually found a club that spoke to my identity, A club that I loved and wanted to be apart of no matter what  And ever since then I've been Rangers through and through

There is nothing I love more than Rangers FC. I travel up from Wales whenever I can. And Ill ways stick with this club. Through the 3rd div. Through annything.

Rangers means my identity. Rangers is who I am. And I'm so thankful for the Rangers support for accepting me into the club with open arms. 

Whilst I wasn't born into a Rangers family. I've felt like I was chosen to support this great club. Without Rangers life would be horrible. 

Love to buy you a pint one day mate. Next time you’re up let me know 

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nothing beats walking up them steps to your seat with the pitch resplendent in the background- the hairs on your neck the anticipation the absolute privilege emotionally pumped 

i fucking love it  

Spot on, I met my now wife through our mutual love of the club, we got married at Ibrox last year, it’s impossible to put into words the feeling of seeing my bride to be walk into the blue room to become my wife. 

21 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Spot on, I met my now wife through our mutual love of the club, we got married at Ibrox last year, it’s impossible to put into words the feeling of seeing my bride to be walk into the blue room to become my wife. 

That’s brilliant  It really is. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

That’s brilliant  It really is. 

Mate I’m 45 this year and been fortunate to have experienced so much happiness that our team has given us just as a support over my life time. But that day last July was something that was truly one that exceeded all expectations. 

Remember our fathers brave and bold?  Followed the 'Gers because my dad did as his dad (my grandad) did.  Even though I'm in my 70's and overseas for many decades, I still follow the 'Gers and have been back to see them a good few times.  And I enjoy so much more since becoming clean and sober.  Met a few bears working the 12 steps over here too and that's a good thing.

In terms of passing it on to my children, they know who to cheer for even if it doesn't mean so much to them.  It's a little harder when you're so far away.

23 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Mate I’m 45 this year and been fortunate to have experienced so much happiness that our team has given us just as a support over my life time. But that day last July was something that was truly one that exceeded all expectations. 

My wife of nearly thirty years doesn’t care much for football.  

She’s had to put up with three of us in this marriage for all that time 

😋

19 minutes ago, The Widow's Son said:

Remember our fathers brave and bold?  Followed the 'Gers because my dad did as his dad (my grandad) did.  Even though I'm in my 70's and overseas for many decades, I still follow the 'Gers and have been back to see them a good few times.  And I enjoy so much more since becoming clean and sober.  Met a few bears working the 12 steps over here too and that's a good thing.

In terms of passing it on to my children, they know who to cheer for even if it doesn't mean so much to them.  It's a little harder when you're so far away.

Where are you ? I’ve been lucky to have traveled most parts of the globe I’ve ever wanted to go to and there is usually a bear or two somewhere about ha ha 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

😋

Sounds like a good woman then my friend. I’m lucky, my dad died in Glasgow when I was only 2 but my mum and my grandad made sure I had the right upbringing. Even the 30 years I spent in England my mum never let her season ticket lapse. 

12 hours ago, Blue Rino said:

This was the conversation me and the missus had the other week and it was in that order too :mutley:

It's my birthday tomorrow and she booked for us to go away for the night , we're no going anywhere until I get back from the game doll.

You're getting yer hole weyyyyyyyy shagger! Slap her arse she likes that 😛

I think the OP has summed it up. Real Rangers men are brought up with the clubs achievements and more importantly values. I certainly was and in tradition brought up my son to the same extent.

Now I find myself taking my two grandsons to Ibrox when my son is working abroad.

Three generations not out.

21 hours ago, KirkBroadband said:

I don't watch any other teams....if i didn't support Rangers i would give up liking football altogether. So aye it's more than a game.. Born a Bear die a Bear nothing more to add.

Pretty much the same mate.  I'll sometimes watch a bit of their games if the result matters to me.  Other than that I only really watch us play.

Followed Rangers since around 1958 when I was 10 years old. I have supported them for the majority of that time from abroad, Australia to be precise, but they play a huge part in my life from buying merchandise to attending games whenever I am back to spending hours on the internet watching Rangers TV and reading allsorts of shit on here, just ask my wife, who does not understand.

I have made my son and grandson bluenoses and my wife knows never to tell me the latest score unless I have watched the game already'\

i was born on the day of an orange walk. my dad was at the walk with his pals and brothers. he named me William after not only his dad but William of Orange. from that day i guess he made absolute sure i would follow him and his family in supporting Rangers. he had his work cut out for him though because all of my mums side are proud of their irish history and of course support celtic. i remember my dad got angry at my uncle because he gave me a celtic shirt to wear as a kid. any time i was at my grans (every saturday) and they were all watching a celtic game he'd take me out to the wee park to play on the swings and shute. 

anyway...yeah i've been brought up to support Rangers and i am so thankful for everything my dad done. i remember he took me to my first Rangers game which was actually exactly 20 years ago today. we played and beat Parma 2-0. it was an experience i will never forget. i was in absolute awe of our stadium. i was obsessed with it as a kid. i would draw it all the time and my dad even bought me a small model of it (just a picture i found online):

Of1Cdni.jpg

every time i step inside ibrox i get that feeling that i got as a little kid and i'm always remembered of that night. ibrox feels like a second home to me. every Rangers fan in there feels like part of a second family to me too. i know some people who sit around me who i talk to but there are thousands of people i don't know but i feel like i would do anything for them. if it was just any random person out in public i wouldn't care but for another Rangers fan i would help them out. feels to me like there is a bond there even though i might not know their name, age, or anything about them. 

i could go on and on. i was only telling myself this would be a simple short post lol. to wrap it up...Rangers is a second family to me. ibrox is a second home. and i'm super thankful for my dad bringing me up a Rangers supporter. he died 11 years ago and Rangers is one of the ways i remember him and feel close to him. being a Rangers fan means the world to me.

13 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Love to buy you a pint one day mate. Next time you’re up let me know 

Thanks Mate, I appriciate that!

Probably wont be up until October next as I'm starting a new job. But I'm aiming to go up as much as i can this season, i have a feeling it could be magical!

17 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nothing beats walking up them steps to your seat with the pitch resplendent in the background- the hairs on your neck the anticipation the absolute privilege emotionally pumped 

i fucking love it  

That view of the pitch when you first get to the top of the stairs gets me everytime. 

I was once at a game with the wee man when despite numerous reminders to take a piss at half time he decided he was needing about a second after the restart. After he's had piss he runs back to his seat but runs up a different stairway. I followed after him. When I got to the top I was treated to a different view of the ground from what I had for the previous hour. It gave me that same feeling I had when I had walked in earlier that day. 

A feeling of pride, a feeling of glory a feeling of being part of something absolutely huge. 

20 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

😋

I’ve been married for 32 years - we got our season tickets the year we married - going into our 33rd  season together as Man, wife and Rangers. 😎