Struggling to break teams down

CoatbridgeBear

Just now, Moody Blue said:

We haven't spent much in this summer and if that's us done then by fuck we've wasted £3.5m on a CB we don't need.  This has happened all too often with us, we spunk money on players that do not immediately start and influence the top games. 

We have done that  every season since returning to the top flight. 

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

I’d argue the Legia games were bigger, and I still don’t buy “squad deficiencies”. He picked the wrong team and the wrong setup. We had the players and system to win that game, he chose not to use them 

I agree about the wrong team and wrong setup, but the fact remains that the players he brought in werent good enough today and two players who arent here anymore were badly missed, we can agree that morelos should have started, but today we badly missed the work rate, and ability of both kent and candieas, we downgraded on both, 

Have a look at who we lost from the first team and who we gained, id argue our first team is weaker even though our squad is stronger, and thats the difference, 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

I agree about the wrong team and wrong setup, but the fact remains that the players he brought in werent good enough today and two players who arent here anymore were badly missed, we can agree that morelos should have started, but today we badly missed the work rate, and ability of both kent and candieas, we downgraded on both, 

Have a look at who we lost from the first team and who we gained, id argue our first team is weaker even though our squad is stronger, and thats the difference, 

I was a big fan of Candeias, but I’m not sure he’d have started that game anyway. And the majority on here couldn’t wait to see the back of him.

I’d say Jones is/will be an upgrade on Candeias. Kent is a different story, he stood out like a sore thumb up here. But we can’t get him, so that’s that. 

The new boys overall were shite, but so were the guys who you’d expect to perform, like Tav, Defoe and Arfield.

As I’ve said, I really think that was just a fucking dreadful day at the office all round, which we need to put behind us

12 minutes ago, TMB said:

Where is this guy King we loaned from Leicester?  I thought he scored goals.

Kamara has been miles off form recently so I would have started King who imo would have offered a lot more.

We have only score two in the last four games a Barasic beaut and a last minute from Alf so it is defo concerning.

3 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

I didn’t see anyone saying anything about recruitment being a disaster or needing 10m players until about 4 hours ago. You can’t completely change your view of the squad because of 1 game ffs

Killie and especially st Mirren were still a worry mate , created nothing in both 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I remember watching us beat a defensive St Mirren last season.

Fair. This is true, however I was talking about the general gist of us watching the filth score last minute winners in games they struggled through time and time again to get 3 points.

1 hour ago, ChampionsAgain said:

We are struggling to break teams down because we are giving them too much respect ffs.

We are far too cautious for our own good. 

Maybe respect I don't know, but we are too slow, ponderous and predictable.  If teams want to sit in, then we give them everyy opportunity to do so. FFS,, even I could still pass a ball along the back line twenty times. Most of our possession is in our own half.

Then when we eventually get to the oppo box, after the oppo's keeper awakes from a nap, we then pass it back and foward along the front line and not a shot between them.

It's as fucking embarassing as it is amateur. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Maybe respect I don't know, but we are too slow, ponderous and preditable.  If teams want to sit in, then we give them everyy opportunity to do so. FFS,, even I could still pass a ball along the back line twenty times. Most of our possession is in our own half.

Then when we eventually get to the oppo box, after the oppo's keeper awakes from a nap, we then pass it back and foward along the front line and not a shot between them.

If we’d picked the ball up today where they did for the first goal never in a million years are we scoring that’s the unfortunate big difference 

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Maybe respect I don't know, but we are too slow, ponderous and preditable.  If teams want to sit in, then we give them everyy opportunity to do so. FFS,, even I could still pass a ball along the back line twenty times. Most of our possession is in our own half.

Thats the tactics that Gerrard wants them to play though, win the ball back high up the park, keep possession and wait for an opening, the idea being that we move it from side to side to get teams moving and create space.

Fans like seeing attempts at goal, even 35 yarders that go over the bar but thats not the kind of midfielders we have, unless King is an exception (not seen enough of him to know tbh)

Today & against Legia on Thursday, we never pressed both teams for some reason and that kills everything we try and do, we sat off and by the time we got the ball we were 60/70 yards from goal and found it brutal to do anything.

Hate to say it but we miss Candieas badly. Arfield is  not a natural right winger and has been shoe horned in there to fit in him in. Aribo and Arfield should be rotated as the attacking threat from.the middle, play Ojo and Jones out wide, they're not great but they provide natural width which we are massively lacking. 

23 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Thats the tactics that Gerrard wants them to play though, win the ball back high up the park, keep possession and wait for an opening, the idea being that we move it from side to side to get teams moving and create space.

Fans like seeing attempts at goal, even 35 yarders that go over the bar but thats not the kind of midfielders we have, unless King is an exception (not seen enough of him to know tbh)

Today & against Legia on Thursday, we never pressed both teams for some reason and that kills everything we try and do, we sat off and by the time we got the ball we were 60/70 yards from goal and found it brutal to do anything.

Keep possession and wait for an opening, thats warburton all over except we have a more expensive squad now

10 minutes ago, lgr1991 said:

Hate to say it but we miss Candieas badly. Arfield is  not a natural right winger and has been shoe horned in there to fit in him in. Aribo and Arfield should be rotated as the attacking threat from.the middle, play Ojo and Jones out wide, they're not great but they provide natural width which we are massively lacking. 

Naw Tav misses him badly in his failure to adapt to the new and his weaknesses shown up for what they are.

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Keep possession and wait for an opening, thats warburton all over except we have a more expensive squad now

Typed that and deleted it as I seen the pelters coming lol

But aye the way we play is still very similar to what we had under Warburton, we just have a better squad now so it works more often but when it doesn't work it makes for some boring predictable football

Our plan B is to launch it forward, push up and try to win the 2nd ball which we've been doing all season at points but when its Defoe/Morelos up against a 6ft 5 defender its never going to work