Scotland U21's

bluenoz

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is McCrorie not captain, normally midfield for Scotland U21s too rather than rb?

Yeah he's the captain. Think he's played most positions to be fair although predominantly centre mid/half I think.

I know he's played rb for Portsmouth and I'm fairly sure in his younger days with us he's played rb at times. Wouldn't be surprised if Scotland/Clarke are looking at him for a possible rb option for the future. The Killie boy has had a torrid few games and I don't even know who else are rb options other than Ryan Jack, but even that is a waste of Ryan Jack to be honest.

Just wondering the reasoning behind it tonight whether tactical, injuries, etc as I think hes only played once at rb for Portsmouth. It'd be great if it was forward planning for the full international team even if at rb. But its Scotland and there's no way theres any sort of strategic approach involved.

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Just wondering the reasoning behind it tonight whether tactical, injuries, etc as I think hes only played once at rb for Portsmouth. It'd be great if it was forward planning for the full international team even if at rb. But its Scotland and there's no way theres any sort of strategic approach involved.

I couldn't even tell you who the regular right back is. The only one I'm aware of potential coming through is young Houston with us.

14 minutes ago, Sket said:

He was doing just fine in our first team last year until he had a couple of quiet games then the soft heads in our support labelled him shite.

The boy is a player. Offers way more than Ojo.

Its his finishing that I find is his biggest strength. So much composure 

35 minutes ago, Sket said:

He was doing just fine in our first team last year until he had a couple of quiet games then the soft heads in our support labelled him shite.

The boy is a player. Offers way more than Ojo.

He will do next season after a full season of first team football. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Maybe the SFA should play the U21’s as the full team get them ready for the next World Cup qualifiers. 

I think a few will transition up now that qualification through the group stages is pretty much a bust.  Be interesting to see who Clarke feels can make the move now. McCrorie in a defensive midfield position would be a good addition particularly as his ambition will be for Scotland to be hard to break down. Be great for us if he can gain that experience alongside increased playing time at Pompey.

23 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Cant say i share the optimism around Middleton.

Hopefully regular game time without the extra pressure playing for a diddy team will serve him and us well. 

Why? End of last season he was playing 3 games a week for 3 different Rangers teams and banging goals in for fun. Exactly what more would you like him to have been doing?

On 11/09/2019 at 08:15, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

One of those crosses from McCrorie there where the second it leaves his foot you know it just needs any kind of touch and it's in the net. 

He'll most definitely come back an improved player.

Was good playing as a right back the other night, could easily solve our left-back conundrum and move Tav across the pitch.