*****The Official Rangers v Feyenoord Thread*****

G.E.C.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

And the keeper made a great save on another shot and two other shots went narrowly wide. No one was great today but Afrield was NOT dreadful. 5.5 out of 10.

The first half bar the shot he was anonymous.

Like the rest started swaggering about after 3rd went in against ten men but upto that point never in game.

The front 6 bar Alfie were piss poor and lack any quality.

he’s been piss poor this season. Should be benched.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Just to be clear. You would play two new signing Center halves who have never played together before and who only have a handful of games for us ...... against Feyenoord?

Oookay. 

Look. I get it. At least one of them should have played today but to put them both in on Thursday would be foolish. 

As foolish as playing either of the 2 that looked lost every time Livi attacked today. 

Going to be a tough campaign, hard group. 

Last season in Europe we where surprisingly good and over achieved almost qualifying from groups IMO so I feel because we demand season on season improvement the bar might have been set too high.

On the other hand when we turn up we are a hard team to beat and I feel we can outplay most teams on our day IF we take chances which we don’t seem to be so consistent at.

Really not sure what to expect, I’ll be satisfied not getting pumped and putting in bad frustrating performances, pick up some points for money.

1 hour ago, MattyBlue said:

Going to be a tough campaign, hard group. 

Last season in Europe we where surprisingly good and over achieved almost qualifying from groups IMO so I feel because we demand season on season improvement the bar might have been set too high.

On the other hand when we turn up we are a hard team to beat and I feel we can outplay most teams on our day IF we take chances which we don’t seem to be so consistent at.

Really not sure what to expect, I’ll be satisfied not getting pumped and putting in bad frustrating performances, pick up some points for money.

We are playing weaker than last season...but supposedly strengthened...

Tavs a lost boy with wee candeias for starters and left back....

Feyenoord will destroy us if we defend like we did the day, I wont start with left back or aribo rojo...

I felt more confident this time last season tbh

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

As foolish as playing either of the 2 that looked lost every time Livi attacked today. 

So lost that we only conceded one goal and it was a penalty conceded by Arfield. 

So lost that Livi only managed 2 shots on goal

they didn’t have their best game but I don’t think it was bad enough to drop them. 

I was as pissed off as everyone else with another less than emphatic performance but let’s not exaggerate.

We lacked a cutting edge in the first half when Livi did nothing to threaten. And we won 3-1. We need to be better but it wasn’t so bad that wholesale changes are needed. 

Arfield needs rested. Maybe Aribo too. Barisic is our best left back and that’s a worry, I won’t go into some of our summer signings because that’s another thread 

6 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

We are playing weaker than last season...but supposedly strengthened...

Tavs a lost boy with wee candeias for starters and left back....

Feyenoord will destroy us if we defend like we did the day, I wont start with left back or aribo rojo...

I felt more confident this time last season tbh

Just said on the Livingston thread that so far this season our best form has been in Europa qualifiers. Let's hope that continues on Thursday.  If we play to our current league form (bar hibs) then I fear the worst. Just hope the team puts in the type of performance we are capable of 

54 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Aye lets play the best 11 each week. 60 games a year for the first 11. Sure  there will be no fitness issues come the second half of the season. 🙄

Been told all summer about the squad being stronger, more quality for rotation, Gerrard said so himself. But lets just waste wages on numerous squad players and stick with best side every game....

This is exactly the type of game we need to rotate. League is the priority.

Did we rotate when  we got  to the Uefa cup final or won nine in a row while playing in the  champions league regularly

Did we fuck

The squad strength is a back up plan

14 minutes ago, RobertN said:

Did we rotate when  we got  to the Uefa cup final or won nine in a row while playing in the  champions league regularly

Did we fuck

The squad strength is a back up plan

In 2008 we lost the UEFA cup final and the league as the team were knackered at the end of the season. Perhaps rotation should have been applied, then having to play somethi g like 5 games in  9 days or whatever it was would have been less of an issue. 

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

King Davis Kamara

Arfield Morelos Barker

Basically set up as a 4-4-2 defensively with Arfield and Kamara covering the full backs and leave Morelos and Barker up for the counter.

Like this one except I'd have Aribo instead of king. 3-1Gers🇬🇧🇬🇧

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

We will probably win this then the support will get out of hand with confidence about going for 55 and then we will be back to playing shite in the league again

Nothing surer than this

Honestly quite confident for Thursday for some reason, think it's because the players seem to step up their game knowing its on a bigger stage

Then on Sunday against St Johnstone it'll be back to yesterday again!

Archived