Davis

StaunchLondonGer

In all fairness to Davis he has steadily improved sharpness and fitness to a level that for me suggests he could potentially be integral (alongside Kent, Morelos, McGregor, Defoe, Jack...)  to our title challenge in the latter half of the season. I know SG only rubber stamped (as opposed to initiated) Shagger's return but both he and Davis have been very good business and - having felt betrayed 2012 - as it stands today I'm personally glad that, as Rangers men,  they've had the chance to make amends. 

Particularly enjoyed the contrast between Davis/Shagger and the haplessly impotent figure of Naishame today tbh

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's slightly less effective without Jack alongside him. With Jack there he knows there is someone he can trust 100% to mop up behind him when he ventures forward and vice versa. I'm not sure any of the other midfielders offer the same.

39 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Will take more than a few good showings to redeem himself for 2012

kinda felt that way too up until recently. But it feels like he's actually hitting new heights (like McGregor) and there will be some sweet poetry in those guys from 2012 (and a club that apparently doesn't exist anymore) helping to deliver 55 and wipe the gloat off those lowlife ingrates.

If you're just thinking this now, have you watched us this season?

Davis is absolutely imperative to our season.

Best midfielder in Scottish football by a mile. As good as Jack, Kent, Morelos etc are... Davis is our most important player imo. His footballing brain is head and shoulders above everyone. He was great for us last time round, this time round he is bossing games and playing like he's 25.

Archived