Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what the crazy thing about this whole thing is?

Because the board members are representing clubs as well as the SPFL, the more corrupt or wrong doing board members there are, the least likely this is to EGM is be being voted through.

It's a nonsense when you think about it like that.

3 minutes ago, The Blue said:

That would defo be seen as inflammatory by the Scottish MSM, I know we as Rangers fan know that it isn't but you can be guaranteed that they would twist this to suit their agenda.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

That Alloa with an average attendance of 1,179 have such influence in both of our governing bodies is a large part of the problem and in a tribally divided country like ours there will always be the very real issue of placemen tactically placed and routinely voted into positions of real influence that are way beyond their status. It is wide open to abuse and has been for many years now. Taking over committees and public bodies is what tarriers do best, and ALWAYS for their sole benefit.

The anomaly is that the S PROFESSIONAL FL is infact majority made up of clubs who are neither full time nor professional and their needs are entirely different to the large clubs who they regularly exert way too much influence on. Today we have the ludicrous situation whereby the three lowest attended clubs in the Championship (Alloa, Morton and Queen of the South) with a combined average attendance of 4,783 between them could vote down a resolution to have an II into the culture and governance of the whole of Scottish football.

It's like a local grocer with 3 small shops dictating policy to Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury et al.

Madness

All part of the cunning plan ,give the smaller clubs a voice as it was seen as the big clubs had too much control ,And when you get that voice (hand pick) you make sure he plays the same  tune 

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

A lot of League 1 and League 2 clubs are run like bowling clubs and will face uncomfortable questions at their AGM if they vote no.

scum, Hibs (pertie), Motherwell, Hamilton, Raith, Dunfermline, Brechin and Dundee Und are all certain No votes. About the same as us with certain Yes votes. The rest could possibly go either way.

Now if the SPFL  were to televise the vote live, for a modest fee, they could probably raise enough to cover the cost of any inquiry. Take the clubs in alphabetical order, allow them a minute to speak, then declare their vote. 

They could have done it on Saturday night, in the slot vacated by Eurovision.....

7 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

A lot of League 1 and League 2 clubs are run like bowling clubs and will face uncomfortable questions at their AGM if they vote no.

scum, Hibs (pertie), Motherwell, Hamilton, Raith, Dunfermline, Brechin and Dundee Und are all certain No votes. About the same as us with certain Yes votes. The rest could possibly go either way.

Now if the SPFL  were to televise the vote live, for a modest fee, they could probably raise enough to cover the cost of any inquiry. Take the clubs in alphabetical order, allow them a minute to speak, then declare their vote. 

The meeting starts in half an hour, I am surprised the SPFL board haven't already announced the result of the vote, if their past record on administration of votes is anything to go with. 

1 minute ago, Malkster said:

Certainly be more entertaining!

Just now, bornabear said:

Would certainly be more entertaining.

Same voting tactically though.

Snap

No folks, I do not have 2 accounts.

Why Raith?

9 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Why Raith?

Did you forget the comments from their guy at the end of last week ,wouldn’t surprise me with the amount of info ,I don’t have a link and while he didn’t come across as “robust” as some you could tell he was 100pc voting against the resolution 

The resolution won't pass 75%. Its impossible to achieve that number (assuming all other clubs with board members and clubs that "gain" something from the shambles vote "no").

I reckon we will end up somewhere around 35% voting for it - so 14-15 clubs.

A third of the league, basically voting no confidence in the trust of how the SPFL is governing the game would surely be pretty seismic?

To be honest, if it wasn't Rangers proposing this, it would probably have a lot more public backing.

Just now, Badger said:

The resolution won't pass 75%. Its virtually impossible to achieve that number (assuming all board members and clubs that "gain" something from the shambles vote "no").

I reckon we will end up somewhere around 30-35% voting for it. 

To be honest, if it wasn't Rangers proposing this, it would probably have a lot more public backing.

100%.

4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Did you forget the comments from their guy at the end of last week ,wouldn’t surprise me with the amount of info ,I don’t have a link and while he didn’t come across as “robust” as some you could tell he was 100pc voting against the resolution 

I did. booting him out of my prediction too.

Archived