Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

Just now, bornabear said:

Oh how I wish you to be right SH, personally, I think you're being too optimistic.  Can't see the tim  teams, raith, alloa etc voting in our favour.

Alloa and Raith aren't voting for it. I don't even know wtf has made her think that tbh 

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Alloa and Raith aren't voting for it. I don't even know wtf has made her think that tbh 

Over optimism mate, no harm in that, I won't attack her for it. She has, after all, being doing a lot of work behind the scenes and uncovered some gems, which none of us didn't even think of doing.

Only the Clubs with Rhabid Tarrier owners will vote for the SPFL, I’d like to think the decent ones who have morals and scruples will vote for the independent investigation for the greater benefit of Scottish Football. 

Just now, bornabear said:

Over optimism mate, no harm in that, I won't attack her for it. She has, after all, being doing a lot of work behind the scenes and uncovered some gems, which none of us didn't even think of doing.

I'm no attacking her but why anyone thinks alloa or raith would vote for this is beyond me 

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I think they may change their minds. I gave my reasons on why. How do you think the votes will pan out today?

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I hope so too. I can't see anyone from the championship and league 1 & 2 objecting to an independent investigation other than those who have been bullying. I feel the main area will be in the premiership as any wrong doing will effect that area the most, with those voting no being the ones who benefit the most. 

Edit: I know the lower leagues don't get a vote but I'd quite like to hear their opinions after the carve up of their pyramid.

14 Yes votes (33%) to 21 (50%) is where I reckon we will end up which will make the SPFL very uncomfortable and call for heads to roll. Fingers crossed that I am being pessimistic and we end up with a democratic majority (22 votes or more)

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

In a sense sections of the media have done their paymasters job here. The last few days there has been a drip fed narrative of 'civil war', distrust and a clear setting up of dividing lines. 

We won't win this vote today but I do hope that enough clubs support the call for an independent inquiry that the SPFL leadership are shown to have no confidence. It just absolutely baffles me how anyone could not want an inquiry. Surely even if there is truly nothing to see here, no administrative deficiencies it is always good to be analysed from the outside. There's always room for improvement no matter how good you think current practices may be. 

I do note that most of the brow beating comes from the old boys club that sit on the SPFL board (us aside) and that they are trying to sully the name of some good business people. At the very least the professionalism of these people and the ones charged with running the game has been atrocious. At worst, collusion and skullduggery. 

Again though, we see the influence exerted by the few or the one and how Scottish football has been consumed and blinded by a hatred of one club and one section of society. It does boil down to that as if it were a purely football and governance issue then clubs would vote for the inquiry. It's the right and sensible thing to do. Being analysed is a good thing. It helps you see your mistakes and your strengths. 

Whatever happens today I'm proud of our club from top to bottom and also proud of the other clubs in Scotland who are voting to do the right thing no matter how this pans out. Shows you something when community run clubs like Kelty and Brora are better run and more professional than some of the league clubs, some of them an absolute disgrace.

Feels like the journey is just starting. 

Post of the day ! (others will disagree)

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’m saying 40% in our favour. 

I’d hope clubs in and around the play offs in league 1 and 2 would also vote but Montrose who are still in with a chance of actually winning league 1 are voting against it so what chance ye got 😂

I don’t think you’re too far off there with your 40% but the respective league positions are now almost irrelevant for most clubs.

Most divisions will have five or six teams who cannot win their title, win promotion or get relegated. There is absolutely no reason for these teapot clubs to vote against a truly independent review which will give everyone a fresh start and do so at no cost to them. Indeed,such a club who votes against an inquiry in these circumstances are holding themselves up to suspicion.

Anything close to 40% is a moral victory and adds fuel to subsequent no-confidence motions and legal action.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

I think they may change their minds. I gave my reasons on why. How do you think the votes will pan out today?

Honestly I think we will get 15 teams backing us with maybe 2 or 3 more. I don't see it being much more than that 

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

just optimistic that other clubs have read and understood the dossier.

It’s not so much the dossier it’s the stuff the dossier has flushed out from other clubs and the actions of Doncaster since have been very poor not showing value for money at all 

There could be a pleasant surprise today, if clubs want clarity and the chance for change within the Governance Administration running of the SPFL nows their chance to vote for the independent investigation. 

So it isn't even 75% of all League clubs, it is per division for the top two, and then for 1 and 2. So we could see div 1 and 2 stopping this going through even though all.clubs in prem and champ want it.

Statement from Stenhousemuir FC on the Resolution to be put forward to the EGM on 12th May 2020 

There is no doubt that the last few weeks have been challenging, and at times embarrassing for Scottish football. 

It is vitally important for the good of the game that we try to find solutions that can move matters forward, as opposed to what feels like being stuck in a constant battle of recriminations. 

Therefore, Stenhousemuir FC intends to support the Resolution put forward by a number of clubs at the SPFL EGM on the 12th May. 

We wish to make it absolutely clear that we are not picking sides in the debate that has raged over the past few weeks, but instead we believe that everyone involved in Scottish football needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves if they honestly believe that the culture and governance in our league setup is working as effectively as it should for the benefit of all its members? 

Our support for the Resolution is not about retribution and is not aimed at anyone individually or collectively.  Instead we hope that it can lead to greater transparency and provide a foundation for ending the mistrust that has crept into our league organisation. 

Tomorrow offers an opportunity to vote on the future of our game.  It is more than just the words contained in the resolution.  Much more.  We are voting for, and demanding change to the way we govern ourselves and to the culture that defines who we are, what we do, how we present ourselves, and how we reach decisions that affect all member clubs.  How we behave transcends across into how our supporters see us and this influences their actions. 

We believe that supporters of all clubs are fed up with the self-destruction and in-fighting that holds the game back, and instead want to see a league body that is focused on building a positive future for our game.  We believe the wider public is fed up with the tribalism & negativity, and would rather see a league body that is united in mutually supporting clubs and communities throughout this crisis. 

We believe that an independent review will offer much needed clarity and the chance for those on all sides who have been accused directly or indirectly to clear their name.  When looked at under the microscope, free from one-sided opinion, we might discover that many actions and decisions were taken with good intention. 

Scottish football faces some big decisions over the next six months.  Divided, we will never find solutions to the current crisis that is affecting our game.  An independent review that addresses the governance and culture within our game is needed to ensure we are united and focused on delivering solutions that ensures the survival of all clubs through this crisis, so that we can move forward in a way where clubs are working together for all of Scottish football, our supporters, and the communities we serve. 

Iain McMenemy – Chairman, Stenhousemuir FC

https://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/2020/05/12/statement-on-the-spfl-egm/

BTW I've just thought of something, if we lose this by less than 5 votes then they're fucked. As it stands the now the voting is 1-6 in the favour of rejecting due to the clubs who are represented on the board the now. If the only reason an inquiry fails is because of the clubs on the board saving them theb they're fucked 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Honestly I think we will get 15 teams backing us with maybe 2 or 3 more. I don't see it being much more than that 

I hope you're wrong, but I agree. 

There is major self-interest here, which is understandable. Most clubs don't care and are quite happy to maintain the status quo because it isn't effecting them and they simply see this as bad blood/a distraction.

I would hope they would be intelligent enough to understand that if there are signs that there could be bullying/coercion/corruption in our governing body, it might only be a matter of time before it does effect them. Who is to say they won't be the next victim? But then it will be too late with the inquiry being voted down.

I would say anyone who doesn't vote for this resolution is either complicit in wrongdoing or don't really care about Scottish football. 

I say they don't care about Scottish football because if Rangers etc are wrong, then it produces clarity on this. We would be humiliated, the SPFL vindicated, and we can all move on for the greater good during this crisis. If there is anything in what we are saying, then it is disgusting what's been going on and they should be trying to rid the SPFL of a poisonous element which is disrupting our game and bringing it into disrepute. 

13 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Alloa have a representative on the SPFL board so they will absolutely vote against. Further, Mike Mulraney, their Chairman sits on the SFA board and is as bitter as they come. He despises us and continually does Lawwell’s bidding. He was mentioned in the Rangers dossier as well as threatening other clubs and was given leaked info from the SPFL to do so. 

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Statement from Stenhousemuir FC on the Resolution to be put forward to the EGM on 12th May 2020 

There is no doubt that the last few weeks have been challenging, and at times embarrassing for Scottish football. 

It is vitally important for the good of the game that we try to find solutions that can move matters forward, as opposed to what feels like being stuck in a constant battle of recriminations. 

Therefore, Stenhousemuir FC intends to support the Resolution put forward by a number of clubs at the SPFL EGM on the 12th May. 

We wish to make it absolutely clear that we are not picking sides in the debate that has raged over the past few weeks, but instead we believe that everyone involved in Scottish football needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves if they honestly believe that the culture and governance in our league setup is working as effectively as it should for the benefit of all its members? 

Our support for the Resolution is not about retribution and is not aimed at anyone individually or collectively.  Instead we hope that it can lead to greater transparency and provide a foundation for ending the mistrust that has crept into our league organisation. 

Tomorrow offers an opportunity to vote on the future of our game.  It is more than just the words contained in the resolution.  Much more.  We are voting for, and demanding change to the way we govern ourselves and to the culture that defines who we are, what we do, how we present ourselves, and how we reach decisions that affect all member clubs.  How we behave transcends across into how our supporters see us and this influences their actions. 

We believe that supporters of all clubs are fed up with the self-destruction and in-fighting that holds the game back, and instead want to see a league body that is focused on building a positive future for our game.  We believe the wider public is fed up with the tribalism & negativity, and would rather see a league body that is united in mutually supporting clubs and communities throughout this crisis. 

We believe that an independent review will offer much needed clarity and the chance for those on all sides who have been accused directly or indirectly to clear their name.  When looked at under the microscope, free from one-sided opinion, we might discover that many actions and decisions were taken with good intention. 

Scottish football faces some big decisions over the next six months.  Divided, we will never find solutions to the current crisis that is affecting our game.  An independent review that addresses the governance and culture within our game is needed to ensure we are united and focused on delivering solutions that ensures the survival of all clubs through this crisis, so that we can move forward in a way where clubs are working together for all of Scottish football, our supporters, and the communities we serve. 

That is a good statement, 

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

That is a brilliant,  balanced statement 

3 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

The vote won't go through, nothing will happen, our club will look like idiots, back to normal.

No doubt the quills are at the ready to make us so.

However, the club should already have their contingency plan in place should we be defeated.

It will either be taking it further, which we should, or we fold.

If the latter, we are in for a torrid time both on and off the park.

Whilst we may lose, If we have garnered significant support, it could spook the powers that be, to remove a head or two to try and quell division and unrest, so that would be a victory in itself.

Liewell is the beast master over both the SPFL and the SFA and until he goes, the game is held hostage to his influence. 

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Alloa have a representative on the SPFL board so they will absolutely vote against. Further, Mike Mulraney, their Chairman sits on the SFA board and is as bitter as they come. He despises us and continually does Lawwell’s bidding. He was mentioned in the Rangers dossier as well as threatening other clubs and was given leaked info from the SPFL to do so. 

He's off my prediction then.

Archived