Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do Hearts/Dundee or anyone else actually believe they will get reconstruction?  They might get a chance to vote on it, but it will never pass and could ruin any TV deals.

Dundee will be hate by rival fans for dragging this out, and also by their own for voting for Utd to go up.  It's all very strange.

SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan said: “Firstly, I want to pass on my warmest congratulations to all three clubs on their successful campaigns. This was a highly unusual end to the season, to say the least, and not the one any of us would have preferred, but all three deserve enormous credit for their performances over the course of theseason.

Raith deserve it aye. Fucking bawbag. 

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

So the time to change it is before or after gifting them a title during a global pandemic? 

They're the only well scratch that one of two clubs in Europe demanding a title and they're going to get it just because.... 

Fuck off. 

Well said fucking into him mate

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Congratulating champions but not confirming relegations.

Fucking clowns thinking a task force will bring reconstruction in by next season.

For me, which is why Brechin shouldve been down. If champs are crowned then the teams in relegation places should go down. 

And to replace Brechin when football could've been played Kelty should play Brora 

We all knew they were going to change to a yes vote.

Now we wait and see what our club has to say. 

SPFL statement is a complete joke. So the head of the team set to be relegated will be leading the talks on reconstruction. 

Corrupt to the fucking core. 

Just now, Jb85 said:

SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan said: “Firstly, I want to pass on my warmest congratulations to all three clubs on their successful campaigns. This was a highly unusual end to the season, to say the least, and not the one any of us would have preferred, but all three deserve enormous credit for their performances over the course of theseason.

Raith deserve it aye. Fucking bawbag. 

Aye mate stretched into a 1 point lead 

15 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Behave ffs  social distancing will be abandoned by them, backslapping, putting up the bunting cracking champagne as we speak.

Open top bus parade around deserted streets......

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Wednesday 15th April 2020

SPFL RESOLUTION APPROVED BY CLUBS IN ALL FOUR DIVISIONS
THE SPFL HAS ANNOUNCED THAT THE DIRECTORS’ WRITTEN RESOLUTION ENDING SEASON 2019/20 IN THE LADBROKES CHAMPIONSHIP, LADBROKES LEAGUE 1 AND LADBROKES LEAGUE 2, HAS BEEN PASSED WITH AGREEMENT BY 81% OF ALL MEMBERS.

The SPFL has announced that the directors’ written resolution ending Season 2019/20 in the Ladbrokes Championship, Ladbrokes League 1 and Ladbrokes League 2, has been passed with agreement by 81% of all members.

The announcement comes after the remaining Ladbrokes Championship club signified their agreement to the resolution today; resulting in Dundee United FC being declared champions of the Ladbrokes Championship, Raith Rovers FC being declared champions of Ladbrokes League 1, and Cove Rangers FC being declared champions of Ladbrokes League 2.

SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan said: “Firstly, I want to pass on my warmest congratulations to all three clubs on their successful campaigns. This was a highly unusual end to the season, to say the least, and not the one any of us would have preferred, but all three deserve enormous credit for their performances over the course of the season.

“With the turmoil and uncertainty caused by the Covid-19 outbreak, there was always going to be a highly-charged and passionate debate about how we secure the future of Scottish football.

“It is no exaggeration to say that this was an existential matter for Scottish clubs, with many of them telling us they were at real risk of going under unless the situation was resolved very quickly, so I’m pleased that the game has moved decisively.

“Whilst more than 80% of clubs agreed with the directors’ written resolution, it’s clear that others were strongly opposed. There has been talk of voiding the season, making emergency loans and so on, but what has been agreed today is not just the best way forward, it was the only realistic way forward and I now call on all 42 clubs to move forward in a constructive and positive way.”

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “Prior to this positive result, we were unable to make the vital end-of-season payments, which will provide a lifeline to so many clubs in the lower divisions. From our detailed discussions with clubs, many were facing an enormous cash-flow crisis. We have moved as quickly as possible to try to resolve this unprecedented situation.

“We’ve achieved the 75% agreement threshold in the Ladbrokes Premiership, Championship and Leagues 1 & 2 and will now be working as quickly as we can to get the end-of-season payments to members in the three lower divisions by the end of this week.”

The SPFL board has also committed to consult on possible league restructuring in time for season 2020/21 around an expanded Premiership model and has appointed Hearts chair Ann Budge and Hamilton Academical chair Les Gray to jointly lead a reconstruction task force, bringing in other football figures to provide input and support. The SPFL executive will provide all possible services and support to make the work of the task force a success.
The resolution also gives authority to the board to make a decision on the remainder of the Ladbrokes Premiership season and the board is committed to consulting with Premiership clubs before any such decision is made. https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-resolution-approved-by-clubs-in-all-four-di

Fuck me.  I literally burst out laughing after reading that.  The brass of these absolute morally redundant, corrupt cunts.  Nice to see Neil Doncaster was able to pop up for a quote though, given he'd fallen off the face of the planet these past few days...

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate we will all be talking about the time that brown was awarded the title in a cupboard in Hampden 

Those shameless cunts will celebrate it all right,the first game of the season they will raise that flag and won’t give a fuck backed up by the governing body and compliant media.Bet the cheeky cunts won’t even have a fucking asterisk next to it.

Archived