SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

He most likely is but they've also started going down the Barca path of hoovering up anyone with some good press on the off chance they turn out good. That's how that Scottish boy wound up there a year or two ago. 

I agree they sometimes do that. They do that with players out of contract or still on a youth contract with minimal compensation. Hickey is neither of those. 

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, esquire8 said:

I agree they sometimes do that. They do that with players out of contract or still on a youth contract with minimal compensation. Hickey is neither of those. 

Theres about to be a firesale in Gorgie. 

Just now, MurrayWilson said:

Not saying youre right or wrong but why are you so certain it wont go to court? Genuinely interested why you think that. I admit I have no clue either way.

If you've followed this since the start and noticed how Budge has acted throughout this whole thing then you'll know why she ain't taking the SPFL to court. She's wanting paid.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Theres about to be a firesale in Gorgie. 

There is but hes going to the tarriers not Bayern. Be lucky if the fee amounts to anywhere near £1m in total. Apart from him they've not got much else. The team is shite.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

If you've followed this since the start and noticed how Budge has acted throughout this whole thing then you'll know why she ain't taking the SPFL to court. She's wanting paid.

I will admit that seems plausible, I haven't followed it that closely, If im honest I became bored with it weeks ago. She will surely be finished at hearts if she doesn't back up her threats though.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

There is but hes going to the tarriers not Bayern. Be lucky if the fee amounts to anywhere near £1m in total. Apart from him they've not got much else. The team is shite.

1m sounds about right now. Reckon Souttar will be quickly gone too. Good luck to them paying Naismith's wages :thumbsup:

Just now, MurrayWilson said:

I will admit that seems plausible, I haven't followed it that closely, If im honest I became bored with it weeks ago. She will surely be finished at hearts if she doesn't back up her threats though.

Pretty much conclusive she is finished anyway. She'll hand off to someone else until they can sell it to the fans.

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Paid by whom ? 😂

the SPFL don’t have the money to pay hearts & others

1 minute ago, The hustler said:

Paid by whom ? 😂

the SPFL don’t have the money to pay hearts & others

Nah they don't do they? It's not like they've got a pot of money to be paid out over the course of the season like they usually do.

The same kind of pot of money that in previous years they used to pay clubs "advances" etc.

The same pot they are paying BT back with.

Hearts will get paid a bigger parachute payment than usual. 

Ignoring the Close Bros / Rangers angle, isnt it incredible the solutions that can be found to get football played in the new season that were impossible in the concluded one...

A deal has been agreed between the SFA and bankers Close Brothers to help struggling clubs secure emergency loans.

Like many businesses cross the country, teams have been mired in issues over cash flow but Scottish football suffers the additional problem of banks continuing to snub loans to SPFL teams.

A hangover to financial issues of the past, it has left clubs struggling to make ends meet as the COVID-19 crisis deprives them of the their ticket proceeds lifeblood.

The Daily Mail reports SFA president Rod Petrie has stepped in to the breech and has confirmed that there are two types of loans available to bridge senior teams through the crisis.

Clubs can apply for the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) through the UK government to the tune of up to £5million for teams with a turnover of £45m or smaller.

They can also talk to Close Brothers after the SFA agreed to underwrite a percentage of any loan not linked to the CBILS scheme. 

Petrie wrote to members: "I am pleased that I was able to bring a proposal to the board of the Scottish FA which I can now share with you as a proposal.

"The Scottish FA has agreed in principle a partnership with Close Brothers, a modern merchant bank which is prepared to receive applications for COVID-19 related funding from clubs.

"The SFA will pass enquiries from clubs on to Close Brothers.

"There is no commission for introductions or any other financial incentive for the SFA.

"I hope you welcome this initiative by the Scottish FA to introduce Close Brothers, a respected lender which is prepared to engage with clubs at this challenging time for us all."

Close Brothers, a well known merchant bank with assets of around £13billion, already have a footprint in Scotland having a relationship with Rangers.

54 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Of course we did.  All part of the longer game since the carve-up.  All avenues exhausted, ends up in court (of which we're silent backers), they get £3m for Hickey which keeps them going and we bring Naisy home for nothing.

That would be a 10 pager . Naisy back to Ibrox :lol:

20 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

We shouldn't go ahywhere near Hickey or Souttar. They're both utter shite. I'd rather keep Edmunson, and that's saying something.

Totally agree with this . They are welcome to any of their players . None are better that what we have already 

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ignoring the Close Bros / Rangers angle, isnt it incredible the solutions that can be found to get football played in the new season that were impossible in the concluded one...

A deal has been agreed between the SFA and bankers Close Brothers to help struggling clubs secure emergency loans.

Like many businesses cross the country, teams have been mired in issues over cash flow but Scottish football suffers the additional problem of banks continuing to snub loans to SPFL teams.

A hangover to financial issues of the past, it has left clubs struggling to make ends meet as the COVID-19 crisis deprives them of the their ticket proceeds lifeblood.

The Daily Mail reports SFA president Rod Petrie has stepped in to the breech and has confirmed that there are two types of loans available to bridge senior teams through the crisis.

Clubs can apply for the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) through the UK government to the tune of up to £5million for teams with a turnover of £45m or smaller.

They can also talk to Close Brothers after the SFA agreed to underwrite a percentage of any loan not linked to the CBILS scheme. 

Petrie wrote to members: "I am pleased that I was able to bring a proposal to the board of the Scottish FA which I can now share with you as a proposal.

"The Scottish FA has agreed in principle a partnership with Close Brothers, a modern merchant bank which is prepared to receive applications for COVID-19 related funding from clubs.

"The SFA will pass enquiries from clubs on to Close Brothers.

"There is no commission for introductions or any other financial incentive for the SFA.

"I hope you welcome this initiative by the Scottish FA to introduce Close Brothers, a respected lender which is prepared to engage with clubs at this challenging time for us all."

Close Brothers, a well known merchant bank with assets of around £13billion, already have a footprint in Scotland having a relationship with Rangers.

How come the tarrier/media narrative when we linked up with Close Brothers a couple of years ago was that we were going bust and financial fair play was quoted too.

SFA link up with them and it's a form of saviour.

Just now, British_Empire said:

How come the tarrier/media narrative when we linked up with Close Brothers a couple of years ago was that we were going bust and financial fair play was quoted too.

SFA link up with them and it's a form of saviour.

I'm wondering more about the SFA underwriting loans. If a club was to go under, whose money does the SFA used to cover the loss?

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm wondering more about the SFA underwriting loans. If a club was to go under, whose money does the SFA used to cover the loss?

Scottish Government is my guess. Weren't they willing to fund the Hampden purchase or loan the money towards it?

42 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

She might go to court not expecting relegation to be reversed but to be awarded compensation. 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Scottish Government is my guess. Weren't they willing to fund the Hampden purchase or loan the money towards it?

I assumed it was from their own reserves, hence loans not Grant's, as they will need the funds back as some point. 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Only 16 out of 42 teams backed it..

ouch!

Did dopey doncaster not say last week there was sufficient support to take it to an EGM for verifying?  He's absolutely fuckin miles out.

Hope the papers are served this afternoon.

Archived