SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If it is voted through, Hearts have nothing to worry about. The corrupt win again.

It's sickening, Reconstruction is not the answer, I was hoping UEFA would step in and tell the SFA to reverse the decision to call the league early. I'm presuming our club received another cease and desist notice from the SPFL after clubs were told to move on as the board have been silent since then.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

How so? abstaining in my eyes would say that Rangers want no part of the corruption, the whole thing is an exercise to sweep maladministration under the carpet. I think Hearts will have to take this to court as reconstruction opens them up hypothetically to restriction of trade claims from clubs losing out in these proposals. 

It will be academic though .They will find a way to get it passed .Sure of it 

40 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It will be academic though .They will find a way to get it passed .Sure of it 

Don't need to find a way, they will just fucking do it as they normally do. Liewell will soon give power of attorney to Dungcaster to act on behalf of all the diddy clubs for the future.

6 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Likely only Hivs vote no rather than alienate their support. 2nd club needed to have the resolution rejected and you want us to abstain?

It needs 11 Yes votes so 1 no vote & 1 abstention would see the resolution fail

They don't need two no votes, they need 11 yes votes, abstaining is as goid as a no.

I think we'd look extremely childish if we abstained or voted no, we ourselves proposed a format that would see a 14 team top tier, we haven't quite got the format we wanted but do have the opportunity to have a top tier with the specific numbet we asked for.

My biggest concern about a 14 team league is we don't know what we're voting for, is it a 7/7 split or is it 6/8  split, we don't know how many guaranteed home games season ticket holders are paying for.

8 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

They don't need two no votes, they need 11 yes votes, abstaining is as goid as a no.

I think we'd look extremely childish if we abstained or voted no, we ourselves proposed a format that would see a 14 team top tier, we haven't quite got the format we wanted but do have the opportunity to have a top tier with the specific numbet we asked for.

My biggest concern about a 14 team league is we don't know what we're voting for, is it a 7/7 split or is it 6/8  split, we don't know how many guaranteed home games season ticket holders are paying for.

Fucking shambles as per. Jesus Christ

13 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

It’s a 6/8 split. One potential benefit for us would be it’s 2 less league games in what is likely to be another busy season. 

Other than that.... not seeing many benefits. 

Jackson saying it’s almost certain to fail anyway. St Mirren, Hibs & Ross County all against. Then again, SPFL & another club CEO are pretty good at getting people to change their mind

Just now, esquire8 said:

When is this vote?

Budge will be lucky if 7 clubs vote in favour of this. Probably looking more like 5 or 6.

The reconstruction will fail. Hearts will get paid. We will move on through this shit show.

It’s indicative votes to be in by 10am at which point they’ll assess. If they think it has a realistic chance of passing then a resolution will be put out later this week

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

It’s a 6/8 split. One potential benefit for us would be it’s 2 less league games in what is likely to be another busy season. 

Other than that.... not seeing many benefits. 

Jackson saying it’s almost certain to fail anyway. St Mirren, Hibs & Ross County all against. Then again, SPFL & another club CEO are pretty good at getting people to change their mind

That's Budge's problem. Doncaster and Lawwell simply don't give a shit if they stay up or not. Lawwell probably rather want to keep his bigger share.

Tough shit Jam Farts.

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

It’s indicative votes to be in by 10am at which point they’ll assess. If they think it has a realistic chance of passing then a resolution will be put out later this week

So after then we can stop this reconstruction nonsense talk and get back to normal? Good. This shite has been beaten around the bush for too long. 

9 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

That's Budge's problem. Doncaster and Lawwell simply don't give a shit if they stay up or not. Lawwell probably rather want to keep his bigger share.

Tough shit Jam Farts.

they are trying to force it through though. They’re wary of Hearts winning damages, particularly in light of the French case last week. 

If they win, it will reduce the the prize money pot which is already reduced after BT refund etc 

TBH I'd rather 14 than 12, that way we only play the diddy teams once a season at Ibrox which makes it more interesting, also two less league games gives us a bit more leeway in terms of Europe where i expect us to have at least 14 games a season minimum. It would also mean only going to souless grounds like Hsmilton, St Johnstone, County, once a year too unless they have a wild season. 

I've said from the very start that reconstruction would happen and no-one would be relegated.

I even stated this was the fairest way for it to happen.

I did however say that no champions should be declared. 

Since champions were declared before the full quota of games scheduled for the season were completed, then they can go fuck themselves.

The votes will go through though, somehow.

To be honest, I'm done with football. The game up here is corrupt as fuck and the EPL is an overpriced joke.

I'm done with investing cash and emotion into a league set up and run for the benefit of one club.

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

they are trying to force it through though. They’re wary of Hearts winning damages, particularly in light of the French case last week. 

If they win, it will reduce the the prize money pot which is already reduced after BT refund etc 

I don't think they are forcing this through as much as they did with the league ending resolution. They'll know Budge won't go to court over this as soon as she gets her pay off.

4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

BT won't be due too much, theiy only paid about £7m p/y for rights and must have shown approximately 25 games

The fact that they're doing a "pre-vote" before an actual vote, says it all tbh.

That way, if they don't think the resolution has enough votes to pass, they'll just hold back on putting it out to clubs, and have more "discussions" until they get the result they want, then put it to an "official" vote. 

Democracy at it's finest there.

7 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

The fact that they're doing a "pre-vote" before an actual vote, says it all tbh.

That way, if they don't think the resolution has enough votes to pass, they'll just hold back on putting it out to clubs, and have more "discussions" until they get the result they want, then put it to an "official" vote. 

Pure corruption!

9 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Where was the pre vote to Rangers resolution? 

9 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

It's incredible in't it? 

"We'll have an unofficial vote to check that all the coercion has worked, if it has then we'll have a real vote to ratify it.  If it hasn't, we'll try a little harder to coerce and make sure everyone get's on the page.  Then we'll make it official."

It'll be in the rules somewhere...

" To that end they'll have a clearer picture by lunch- time today after the SPFL collates indicative votes from all 42 clubs over a “take or leave it” plan for league reconstruction"

They dinna lean do they trying to force through their view rather than let the clubs choose their preferred plan from those presented.

Can only hope the clubs tell Penfold and his master Baron Greenback to gtf we will decide the future  direction of Scottish Football . No holding me breath though.

24 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I agree but time really isn’t on their side this time. Those against reconstruction only need to hold out to no longer than the end of this week then reconstruction is a no go given the desperation to start the Premiership season on Aug 1

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Our proposal was to get out colts into the league which would benefit us, this proposal doesn’t benefit us in any way, I’ll be disgusted if the club don’t vote this down 

What surprises me is nobody from any of the clubs has stepped up since the EGM and called out the total mismanagement from the SPFL board ,Especially when the costs for ending the league have been proved to be greater than what we highlighted 

Archived