SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

15 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Maybe when the next round of games KO someone should have the balls to show on the big screens all the random attacks lately from black people on white people.....I watched a random black guy walk past a 92yr old lady pulling a shopping trolley before he punches her to the ground.....I am in no way racist but I'm sick to the back teeth of this BLM getting rammed down my throat whilst their are clear black on white racist attacks happening on a regular basis with no condemnation about it....and just for the record how can a "black lives matter" banner be seen as a powerful image but a "white lives matter " be deemed disgusting and offensive?....I suggest racism lies in there somewhere wouldn't you say....sky saying it might be a criminal offence...jesus wept I fucking despise what is going on😡

I agree with all of that. The point I tried to make last night (albeit not well)was that I am not offended by players kneeling. I will be supporting their decision without actually kneeling is what I meant to say.

Anyway, it doesn't belong in this thread (my fault).

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

How can clubs apply for a Covid hardship grant, then just donate it to charity? they either need the money, or they don't.

It’s the spfl mate, who fucking knows 🤣🤣🤣

In my view, SPFL will not contest the Hearts petition. This allows the court to deem Hearts relegation unlawful therefore SPFL will have to enforce 14-10-10-10 to keep everyone happy.

Of course, Doncasters reply will be - nothing to do with me, the court forced me to do it.

No compo, no investigation into maladministration, etc etc.

Liewell then slaps donkeyheid on the back, "ata boy Neil, well done, that shows these upstarts whose boss"

Nothing to see here, let's move on.

FWIW the league 1 and league 2 clubs have more chance of survival and much more chance of being able to get crowds in earlier than us and others with 10k plus crowds. It's really puzzling that they don't even have a start date yet. 

Clyde and Airdrie have massive stadiums for the size of their fan bases, there should be absolutely nothing stopping them being able to play in front of crowds and being able to accomodate some other local league1/2 clubs who can't accommodate social distancing. Places like Forfar and Stenhousemuir still have terracing so quite easy to mark out 2m etc etc. 

Just adds to the whole shambles for me. 

8 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

In my view, SPFL will not contest the Hearts petition. This allows the court to deem Hearts relegation unlawful therefore SPFL will have to enforce 14-10-10-10 to keep everyone happy.

Of course, Doncasters reply will be - nothing to do with me, the court forced me to do it.

No compo, no investigation into maladministration, etc etc.

Liewell then slaps donkeyheid on the back, "ata boy Neil, well done, that shows these upstarts whose boss"

Nothing to see here, let's move on.

Enforcing the undoing of a relegation will result in a 13-10-10-9 league system next season. They won't promote Kelty and Brora now.

14 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Enforcing the undoing of a relegation will result in a 13-10-10-9 league system next season. They won't promote Kelty and Brora now.

Easy to overlook Thistle but they are part of this court case as well.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Rangers should pay a lower league club to take a promising youth on loan from us and play them every game, that would be so much better for both teams, someone like albion rovers getting paid 50k and a promising youth from pur academy is a win win for them

Albion rovers are full of tarriers, send them Barker as he’ll no doubt make them worse

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

How can clubs apply for a Covid hardship grant, then just donate it to charity? they either need the money, or they don't.

It is nuts mate and should never have been done like this. Another SPFL clusterfuck. :headwall:

If you were to believe that the Scottish Court system was capable of judging this matter in the round then you could subscribe to a judgement that concluded.........

" if there are to be no losers then it stands to reason there can be no winners"

the final decision might then be returned to the SPFL and its members to decide how matters should be concluded on the field of play.

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

Caus it gives our very bias media something to write about. Look how fucking wonderful septic are. Cringe, cringe, cringe.

19 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Easy to overlook Thistle but they are part of this court case as well.

I think the compensation issue is the bit that's hardest to overlook.  It comes from 2 angles, financial reparation or mitigation (doing something to avoid the damage).

As time goes on, the mitigation angle evaporates (if they start a new season), and the timescale for this doesn't really allow for it.

It's obvious that the resolution was aimed at 'getting passed', because shuffle the deck, and teams still vote in their self-interest - you can swap out whatever league position pretty much and get the same result.  Such a big motive for the resolution was financially based both in timing and in distribution of funds.  However.....it was absolutely part of the plan that the change in the rules caused financial damage to some clubs.  And how you get past that bit, as intentional financial damage in the pursuit of financial gain, has to be tricky.

If they voted to drive a bulldozer through some stand at Firhill or Tynecastle, they'd expect a bill for damages.  This financial damage is every bit as serious.

They changed and made up the rules of the game - for financial gain for the clubs voting one way - causing loss to other clubs.  How they square that bit is tricky I think.

7 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

I think the compensation issue is the bit that's hardest to overlook.  It comes from 2 angles, financial reparation or mitigation (doing something to avoid the damage).

As time goes on, the mitigation angle evaporates (if they start a new season), and the timescale for this doesn't really allow for it.

It's obvious that the resolution was aimed at 'getting passed', because shuffle the deck, and teams still vote in their self-interest - you can swap out whatever league position pretty much and get the same result.  Such a big motive for the resolution was financially based both in timing and in distribution of funds.  However.....it was absolutely part of the plan that the change in the rules caused financial damage to some clubs.  And how you get past that bit, as intentional financial damage in the pursuit of financial gain, has to be tricky.

If they voted to drive a bulldozer through some stand at Firhill or Tynecastle, they'd expect a bill for damages.  This financial damage is every bit as serious.

They changed and made up the rules of the game - for financial gain for the clubs voting one way - causing loss to other clubs.  How they square that bit is tricky I think.

My hope remains that the judge rules the resolution invalid. Members lied to plus the voting fiasco. If that happens then no compensation because no harm has been done.

If the judge throws the whole sorry mess back to the SPFL then a new method of ending the season has to be found.

It has been in the public domain for days. I seem to recall that the SPFL stated that they had been served with papers and would have to consider them. Could be that it's Thursday that they were served and not the Wednesday that they were lodged with the court.

But 48 hours is BS. Tabloid nonsense.

16 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

My hope remains that the judge rules the resolution invalid. Members lied to plus the voting fiasco. If that happens then no compensation because no harm has been done.

If the judge throws the whole sorry mess back to the SPFL then a new method of ending the season has to be found.

I hope so too.  There's the whole 'pre-game' to be gone through where it's all leverage/posturing/arm-twisting towards a settlement where things will likely fall.

But in terms of running football there are very few legal precedents to fall back on, whereas for awarding damages there are shelf upon shelf upon shelf. 

12 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Exactly. Leave it in the pot and say you don't need it and let the trust give it to the clubs that need it. That Anderson bloke must think hes a right mug for giving his money away for heehaw.

I bet the Anderson guy is sickened by clubs claiming it and giving it to their charities, the money was donated to help clubs survive covid.

12 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Fucking stupidity at the highest level. Them 3 are fucking idiots. 

I'd like us to split our grant 5 ways to the clubs who were unjustly punished with the vote. So Partick, Stranraer, ICT, Falkirk and Edinburgh City get 10k extra each. Release a little statement explaining why as a big 🖕 to the SPFL.

If our club doesn't need our share then maybe they should split it between Kelty and Brora and others in that league. 

Question:

Has the Covid-19 money from UEFA been received by clubs yet?

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I would imagine mate if we didn’t claim it, the rest would have divvied up our portion amongst themselves. Anyone know what the actual 7 figure sum was?  

Didn't the SPFL say they wanted 80% of the Anderson donation for the Premier league. I agree with you that SPFL would have divvied up our portion amongst Premier clubs.

9 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I believe you are correct SH. 

A bit more info on the grants

All SPFL Clubs Qualify for Grant
Tue, 23rd Jun 2020 8:38pm
The SPFL Trust today reveals that all 42 SPFL clubs have now successfully applied for a grant from the charity’s Covid-19 Crisis Fund, and payments are being processed.

All 42 SPFL clubs have successfully applied for a Covid-19 Crisis Fund grant and Condition of Grant letters have been issued.
All clubs have indicated how their wider community will benefit from the grant
Grant will shortly be paid out to clubs
Every club was eligible to receive a £50,000 grant for support during the Covid-19 crisis following a multimillion-pound donation from James Anderson
Aberdeen FC, celtic FC and Kilmarnock FC will donate their grant to their partner charities – celtic FC Foundation and Kilmarnock Community Sports Trust 
Each club will receive £50,000, once signed Condition of Grant letters have been returned, with payments now underway. As of last night, £800,000 had been transferred. Payments will continue today as clubs return signed Condition of Grant letters, and issue invoices. 

This new fund was established to support clubs and their communities after James Anderson gifted the SPFL Trust £3,125,000 inclusive of gift aid.

Clubs were able to secure the grant, provided they demonstrate support for the wider community in which they are based. A number of other clubs have directly referenced that some of the funding will support community activity via their own club charities. All have given a clear indication of the way their local community will benefit from the grant.

For many, it will enable the re-opening of stadia across the country, once enabling community programmes to start to plan for face to face delivery, in a bio-secure environment. At the same time, taking this approach will allow many clubs to be able plan for a return to football, which will be vital to their long-term survival.

At least 17 clubs across the SPFL have indicated they intend to purchase Covid-19 testing kit, with the intent to make access to these facilities available to the wider community. In doing so there will, in essence, be a new network of local testing centres at grounds across Scotland.

In addition, clubs will be using facilities to support deep cleaning, the purchase of PPE equipment, signage and markers; some are looking to purchase thermal imaging temperature check equipment.

A small number of lower league clubs also plan to use some of the grant to install in-stadium broadcast systems to enable supporters to watch matches live, when the season starts, on the basis that games may be behind closed doors.

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/06/23/6449/#.XvKJjChKjIU

Archived