Premiership Fixtures 2020/2021

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If the top 6 finished us, them, Sheep, Motherwell, Hibs and Livi then the scum would have been due all 5 at home, yes. 

They would have been sent to 2 of those sides away 3 times last season.

Pandemic worked out well for them, plus this in their favour and a delayed OF game this season then 😁

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Another reason why I hate the whole but they looked likely to win the league...

Ten points with Hibs and us away before split.

Then 'could' have been sent to Hibs and Livi again to drop more points. Although we know the SPFL would have sent them to Aberdeen and Motherwell as more favourable venues.

Thinking about it more there.

Season 18/19 ended with Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Hivs and Hearts in the top 6. So the scheduled fixture list post split for the scum just there did have them likely to play several teams 3 times. But not the previous seasons entire top 6 excluding themselves.

We've been scheduled to have played all 5 of last season's top 6 (based  on points) away twice before the split, so more likelihood than the scum faced of us playing 3 times against a top 6 team.

If that makes sense 😁

More than coincidence imo.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Dunno about the last five games patter, but iirc they had to go to us, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Livi twice before the split whereas we done it once.

Season 2018/19

We were away to the same 6 teams this season in the first round of games and last season we had the same 6 team at home in the first round of games....absolutely fuck all random about that for 3 seasons on the bounce 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What do you mean last 5 games patter?

If top 6 is us, them, sheep, motherwell, Hivs and Livi we'll have played each away twice pre split. The scum won't have played any of them twice away.

We'd face a 3rd away, they'll face only a 2nd away and an extra home in some of the last 5.

Crazy level of randomness, almost like fixtures were selected that way.

Don't ask for an independent enquiry or it will all kick off!

19 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Season 2018/19

We were away to the same 6 teams this season in the first round of games and last season we had the same 6 team at home in the first round of games....absolutely fuck all random about that for 3 seasons on the bounce 

The only ‘random’ thing is the dates tbf, should be able to tell which we play somebody in terms of home and away.

Quite happy with that tbh .

Sure , the tarriers got what they wanted by not playing us till October . But . . . if we get a good start against the sheep we've got a good run of games till we play them  to get in our stride , although away to hibs and motherwell will need our full attention  in September . 

Then it's another good run till January with three difficult away games . 

You can look at the split many ways , but thinking positively , we'll  have three home games out the five in the run in to the title , whereas the tarriers should have three away . 

The Commercial Partnership team have developed a number of innovative and impactful virtual matchday sponsorship and advertising packages, which will put your brand at the heart of the action. 

The RangersTV coverage will be complimented by the UK and International Broadcasters contracted by the SPFL with coverage in key markets around the world. 

Virtual matchday and match ball sponsorship packages are available, and these will provide a host of unique experiences including on-screen branding and promotion through Social Media, RangersTV and the chance to pick the ‘Man of the Match’ and have a Zoom call with him after the game.

:lol:

53 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Quite happy with that tbh .

Sure , the tarriers got what they wanted by not playing us till October . But . . . if we get a good start against the sheep we've got a good run of games till we play them  to get in our stride , although away to hibs and motherwell will need our full attention  in September . 

Then it's another good run till January with three difficult away games . 

You can look at the split many ways , but thinking positively , we'll  have three home games out the five in the run in to the title , whereas the tarriers should have three away . 

We'll have played 17 home, 16 away at split. The scum 16 home, 17 away. So tbh we could have 2 more homes to their 3, and 3 aways to their 2.

The date of the OF game suits them.

Our festive period/ January schedule is really tough with both the number of aways and the specific venues. I don't see a tough run like that in their schedule all season.

If if was a 44 game season, we'd have remaining the home games versus the tough teams, aways to the lesser teams. The scum would be the exact opposite.

However due to the scheduling and split, we both play the harder teams again, with us likely away for a 3rd time against 3 of them. The benefit the scum had of playing easier teams away from home, whilst we played harder teams, is one that doesnt ever balance up.

As I've said, last season's top 6 by points (not ppg) excluding us will be those we've played twice already at the split, the scum will have played NONE of them twice. We'll face these teams a 3rd time, several away from home, the scum will only face a 3rd tie away from home if one of this seasons bottom 6 based on points makes it into next season's top 6.

Not sure what there is to be happy with in all that tbh. Its hugely swayed in their favour in so many ways.

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We'll have played 17 home, 16 away at split. The scum 16 home, 17 away. So tbh we could have 2 more homes to their 3, and 3 aways to their 2.

The date of the OF game suits them.

Our festive period/ January schedule is really tough with both the number of aways and the specific venues. I don't see a tough run like that in their schedule all season.

If if was a 44 game season, we'd have remaining the home games versus the tough teams, aways to the lesser teams. The scum would be the exact opposite.

However due to the scheduling and split, we both play the harder teams again, with us likely away for a 3rd time against 3 of them. The benefit the scum had of playing easier teams away from home, whilst we played harder teams, is one that doesnt ever balance up.

As I've said, last season's top 6 by points (not ppg) excluding us will be those we've played twice already at the split, the scum will have played NONE of them twice. We'll face these teams a 3rd time, several away from home, the scum will only face a 3rd tie away from home if one of this seasons bottom 6 based on points makes it into next season's top 6.

Not sure what there is to be happy with in all that tbh. Its hugely swayed in their favour in so many ways.

I've just rechecked on the Rangers website and I'm sure we'll have played 16 home and 17 away at the split , leaving us three home games after the split . 

I do get your point about the possibility of having played one of the top teams three times away but that depends where we are at the split . We also do have a difficult January like we had in December but once that is out the way we should have a good run of games till just before the split . 

Its all ifs and buts of course , but there are opportunities to get some decent runs under our belts , gain a bit of momentum before we face them . 

15 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I've just rechecked on the Rangers website and I'm sure we'll have played 16 home and 17 away at the split , leaving us three home games after the split . 

I do get your point about the possibility of having played one of the top teams three times away but that depends where we are at the split . We also do have a difficult January like we had in December but once that is out the way we should have a good run of games till just before the split . 

Its all ifs and buts of course , but there are opportunities to get some decent runs under our belts , gain a bit of momentum before we face them . 

Stand corrected, the Sun fixture listings I used to compare various teams fixtures actually shows utd at Ibrox 3 times, so gave 17 home 16 away .

How do you mean where we are at the split? If you mean lesser teams from last season making ig into the top 6 then yes, we'll play last seasons top 6 less times. The point still stands that the "scheduler" has given us the worst possible outcome in terms of possibly facing multiple times the better teams from the season just ended.

It is a better run after January. Just like the scum's full smooth run for 33 games til the split.

If someone could write a fixture list to put as many factors advantageous to the scum I reckon it would look pretty much identical to one issued today. 

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Stand corrected, the Sun fixture listings I used to compare various teams fixtures actually shows utd at Ibrox 3 times, so gave 17 home 16 away .

How do you mean where we are at the split? If you mean lesser teams from last season making ig into the top 6 then yes, we'll play last seasons top 6 less times. The point still stands that the "scheduler" has given us the worst possible outcome in terms of possibly facing multiple times the better teams from the season just ended.

It is a better run after January. Just like the scum's full smooth run for 33 games til the split.

If someone could write a fixture list to put as many factors advantageous to the scum I reckon it would look pretty much identical to one issued today. 

I'm thinking solely on ourselves - I've not seen the tarriers fixture list . Outwith January , we have decent runs of games where we should expect victories - I know that's not always the case , but that'll be down to us and how we perform . 

When I said where we are at the split , if we are going head to head with the tarriers with little in it ,  it should be to our benefit that we are at home three times , while they'll be away three times . Again , that doesn't always work out , but it should be to our benefit . 

Like I say it's all ifs and but , particularly the amount of games played in empty stadiums and I think fans are underestimating the nullifying effect that is going to have in games . 

12 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Much been said about season ticket holders and the games on RangersTV yet and whether anything extra will need to be paid? 

No extra mate but the gist I got with the virtual sponsor package tweet from the club earlier anybody can watch it not just season ticket holders , I could be wrong though 

26 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

No extra mate but the gist I got with the virtual sponsor package tweet from the club earlier anybody can watch it not just season ticket holders , I could be wrong though 

Do you know if there's anything extra in place for games on Sky, BT Sports or anywhere else?

Wonder if the club would be able to get more money if there was a deal to get home games on normal TV instead of just Rangers TV.

@Terry Hurlock Loyal?

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Do you know if there's anything extra in place for games on Sky, BT Sports or anywhere else?

Wonder if the club would be able to get more money if there was a deal to get home games were on normal TV instead of just Rangers TV.

@Terry Hurlock Loyal?

That would be very good business for the club, anything goes now by the looks of it in the TV rights - I see BBC Scotland now will be getting Saturday highlights now.

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Wonder if the club would be able to get more money if there was a deal to get home games on normal TV instead of just Rangers TV.

@Terry Hurlock Loyal?

All our away games will be on sky and all the home games are complimentary to season ticket holders I’m sure mate 

5 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

That would be very good business for the club, anything goes now by the looks of it in the TV rights - I see BBC Scotland now will be getting Saturday highlights now.

More money be great but at the same time 40k have payed £480 up to thousands for season tickets  so anybody watching the games at ibrox on normal tv live would be a bit unfair 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

More money be great but at the same time 40k have payed £480 up to thousands for season tickets  so anybody watching the games at ibrox on normal tv live would be a bit unfair 

Of course, would hope that it is available for public sale on RTV at a basic ticket price.- the broadcast laws need a bit of flexibility here.

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Thought that after I posted. The EPL clubs don't seem too bothered about it though. It would be a boot in the stones to have missed out on the end of last season then see people without a book able to watch home games for no real extra cash than they would have been spending anyway.

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Of course, would hope that it is available for public sale on RTV at a basic ticket price.- the broadcast laws need a bit of flexibility here.

👍🏻👌🏻

19 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Thought that after I posted. The EPL clubs don't seem too bothered about it though. It would be a boot in the stones to have missed out on the end of last season then see people without a book able to watch home games for no real extra cash than they would have been spending anyway.

See to be honest if it makes Rangers extra money it will happen mate that’s the harsh reality, the German league was a shambles to , could sit here and watch teams we’ve never watched in our life like Freiburg coz money rules all and the German fans couldn’t get into support their teams ,

one thing for sure once this is all over tv and clubs better not start the fans this the fans that , we mean fuck all . They’d rather ruin the game for the sake of money than nil and void all the leagues till it’s safe and wait until we can have proper football again 

Archived