Forfeit game! Points deduction.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Government rules on self isolation have no bearing on a players eligibility to play in a football competition.

That's a confusing one. The government can shut down the game altogether but their own isolation laws to the general public don't have any bearing when it comes to football clubs fielding a player and breaking the laws. If he should have been in isolation his registration should have been temperarily void until the isolation period was over thus co-operating with the Government. 

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who thinks the SFA/SPFL (no sure which one would do it, they're both cut from the same shitty jam rag and set-up to protect Peadophile FC filth) will actually deduct celtic and/or Aberdeen points are off their rocker.

Has 2012 onward in Scottish football and about a decade of SNP-run Scotland not taught us anything?

The filth are protected and no harm will ever come to them. Literally ever.

Should they be deducted points? 100% ... you can argue semantics all day long, but if Bolingoli (however his stupid wee name is spelled) had quarantined when he came back from Spain, he wouldn't have been eligible to play. He was ineligible (and played). Kilmarnock should get the points.

Is that fair or a reflection of the game? of course not. I'd be furious if it happened to us, but I didn't hear them cunts complaining when they got 50-million (two lots of 25-million) in the space of 3 years when Sion and Warsaw pumped them convincingly on aggregate but due to an ineligible player (one of which got brought on with a minute to go to waste time) the results were reversed into 3-0 wins for celtic.

Will it happen? no. 
Should it happen? yes.
What will happen? fines for the clubs and suspensions for the player/s.

Watch the celtic vs Aberdeen game get rescheduled for when Aberdeen have their 7 or 8 players serving the suspension and celtic only have Bolingoli out. That will be a good one.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

There’s a compelling argument against that. It’s the clubs responsibility to ensure the players are allowed to play, they failed in that regards. It doesn’t specify that determination of this rules is solely for following the rules regarding the SPFL rule book, governmental requirements should also be adhered too. 

30258710-DC90-4F99-8692-6E22D89C33DB.jpeg

Bolingoli meets the criteria in terms of that.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Nobody is disputing he should have been in quarantine. Literally not a single post on any of the threads have said he shouldn't have been.

Yeah you just dont want to see your club  celtic punished.  Your main argument here is celtic should not be punished.

Just now, The Dude said:

Bolingoli meets the criteria in terms of that.

Number 12 is a bit iffy. I would think any other club would come to the conclusion that he shouldn’t be playing and the fact if they knew or not is irrelevant, it’s the clubs responsibility to know. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

So when did celtic book flights hotels and visas for foreign matches? An employer in the UK can't legal hold into an employees passport simply for safekeeping. 

Who said anything about safekeeping?

When they go on tour, they book umpteen rooms in a hotel and umpteen seats on a plane. And they need their passports for that.

Or do you think they get the players to make individual bookings and hope that none of them forget their passports on the day?

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

That's a confusing one. The government can shut down the game altogether but their own isolation laws to the general public don't have any bearing when it comes to football clubs fielding a player and breaking the laws. If he should have been in isolation his registration should have been temperarily void until the isolation period was over thus co-operating with the Government. 

I largely agree but as long as the player doesn't tell the club he's left the country - and they are unaware of it - how do they temporarily void his registration? That would require the player saying before the game that he'd left the country and that's where the issue comes from.

2 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Yeah you just dont want to see your club  celtic punished.  Your main argument here is celtic should not be punished.

Here we go again. Still £500 sitting here for the charity of anyone's choice and the opportunity to get rid of me from here for good if they can prove that celtic are my team. Funny nobody seems willing to take that up. Almost as if they know they'll fail miserably.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Who said anything about safekeeping?

When they go on tour, they book umpteen rooms in a hotel and umpteen seats on a plane. And they need their passports for that.

Or do you think they get the players to make individual bookings and hope that none of them forget their passports on the day?

So why would they have held Bolingoli's passport between the Killie and Hamilton games?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Here we go again. Still £500 sitting here for the charity of anyone's choice and the opportunity to get rid of me from here for good if they can prove that celtic are my team. Funny nobody seems willing to take that up. Almost as if they know they'll fail miserably.

Do you want to see celtic punished?

To be fair as well, you can't expect celtic (or any players team or any individuals work) to hold onto their staffs passports, either.

That must be some clear breach of human rights and sounds like something modern day slavers or people traffickers would do.

However, I still think celtic are responsible for their players and the footballing decisions they make with them.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I largely agree but as long as the player doesn't tell the club he's left the country - and they are unaware of it - how do they temporarily void his registration? That would require the player saying before the game that he'd left the country and that's where the issue comes from.

Doesn’t the player/club  have to sign a Covid declaration before each match? You know like the ones that state have you been overseas in the last 14 days? If yes, then bolignoli/club have filled out in correct paperwork and should be fined/deducted points accordingly. 

I find it amazing Killie have said fuck all. They could easily put out a statement claiming Bolingoli was ineligible considering he should’ve been isolating. 

There’s not a chance they didn’t know he was away before they played Killie. Whether there’s an investigation into that is a different story

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

To be fair as well, you can't expect celtic (or any players team or any individuals work) to hold onto their staffs passports, either.

That must be some clear breach of human rights and sounds like something modern day slavers or people traffickers would do.

However, I still think celtic are responsible for their players and the footballing decisions they make with them.

Nothing stopping players applying for a new passport even if the clubs did do that.

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

Doesn’t the player/club  have to sign a Covid declaration before each match? You know like the ones that state have you been overseas in the last 14 days? If yes, then bolignoli/club have filled out in correct paperwork and should be fined/deducted points accordingly. 

Not as far as Im aware of, no.

Archived