Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

15 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The alternative could have been not releasing any kits until autumn with reduced volumes though. If that's the case then releasing them (which is 100% a riddy) and then patching them later is probably the least bad option. Which was my original point.

That would be inline with our 'record breaking' sales in the last two seasons then. What was it for last season's kits, Late June/July, August, September for launch? Yet here we are rush-releasing out third kit that we might not actually wear until autumn anyway with former partner's logos still emblazoned on them.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

That would be inline with our 'record breaking' sales in the last two seasons then. What was it for last season's kits, Late June/July, August, September for launch? Yet here we are rush-releasing out third kit that we might not actually wear until autumn anyway with former partner's logos still emblazoned on them.

We aren't going to be able to offer the same amount of volumes though if we start again. 

There will be a finite amount of material created for the tops that is available and garment factory operations will have moved onto productions of other set ups.

Castore could try to churn out stuff quickly in other places but to match volumes you may have to try source similar materials and run into the same situation as we had two years ago with the Turkey vs China tops.

The other option would have been to keep all the tops and then set up an alternate operation somewhere to try and steam the transfers off and put the new ones on. That is big time, money and logistics, and there will be quality control challenges there and then you run the risk of damaging the tops in that process.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We aren't going to be able to offer the same amount of volumes though if we start again. 

There will be a finite amount of material created for the tops that is available and garment factory operations will have moved onto productions of other set ups.

Castore could try to churn out stuff quickly in other places but to match volumes you may have to try source similar materials and run into the same situation as we had two years ago with the Turkey vs China tops.

The other option would have been to keep all the tops and then set up an alternate operation somewhere to try and steam the transfers off and put the new ones on. That is big time, money and logistics, and there will be quality control challenges there and then you run the risk of damaging the tops in that process.

Its just not realistic. I can see why people are pissed off, but personally I dont care. A lot of the people that are pissed off will be the same people who have complained about Castore not meeting demand etc.. If they were to start again, then you wouldnt have the tops for a while and they couldnt possibly meet demand. Also.. this has fuck all to do with Castore.. just a company going bust.

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It’s last years away kit but Orange instead of White.

Lazy bastards.

it's no' really. It has a v neck, larger shoulder panels, contrasting inner sleeve inserts and no stars. At least it's not an explosion in paint shop like Spur's away efforts. Granted its got two arms and somewhere to shove your neck through but thats about it.

Incidentally, that white one is the best Rangers top Castore have brought out (IMO). Nice and simple so what's not to like?

As a third strip it is infinitely better than that purple fucker and the black red and gold abomination we have a as a second kit.

Guaranteed this one will sell by the absolute shed load.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

image.thumb.png.cf10a7c34bd7a5c7e1838eaa76d6f37b.pngimage.thumb.png.97a88b1119ab0e034226504597dbb810.png

2 hours ago, Mols94 said:

The back of the shirt displays SportemonGo and the Rangers Store will offer supporters the complimentary option to have new branding applied to this area, when we announce our new 22/23 season back of shirt partner within the coming weeks.

This is a brass neck imo. 

Not only are they flogging off the space on our tops to shitey scam NFT companies, but when those companies go bust they still sell the shirts with their logo on them.

Its not the end of the world but its something that needs addressed. This part of the club isn't being run properly.

21 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Imagine teasing a new version of one our best ever third kits then giving us this absolute bag of shite. :lol: Cunts will lap up it because it’s orange as well. 

Just drove past ibrox and the queue is still massive so decided to patch it. I was going to have a look in person before deciding whether to buy in time for next week.

I was hugely disappointed I must say though that it wasn’t the striped effort.

34 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Imagine teasing a new version of one our best ever third kits then giving us this absolute bag of shite. :lol: Cunts will lap up it because it’s orange as well. 

They didn’t tease that previous kit at all, if anything they teased it would have a blue sash across it 

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Just ordered it because I like it, I don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks about it, it's me that's wearing it, if you like it buy it , if you don't then don't purchase it, much ado about nothing imo.

I'm the same mate. Even though its ripping the pish a wee bit I've ordered it and will wear it with Pride.