Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

• 3 weeks later...

Just been dumped by Aston Villa for next season,  Wolves meant to be looking at changing early too, trying to get a deal with Everton but their fans are not happy just being linked to it. Add to that their European clubs are looking to get out their deals too.

Might be the only ones left :lol:

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Just been dumped by Aston Villa for next season,  Wolves meant to be looking at changing early too, trying to get a deal with Everton but their fans are not happy just being linked to it. Add to that their European clubs are looking to get out their deals too.

I’m sure their deal with Wolves is different than the rest and similar to what we did with Diadora in 2002-2005. E.g. Wolves basically manufacture and distribute their kits and Castore pay a fee to be on their kits and training gear. 
Personally I’d love us to go back to Nike or Adidas but reckon we’ll be stuck with Castore for another 4/5 years.

8 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I’m sure their deal with Wolves is different than the rest and similar to what we did with Diadora in 2002-2005. E.g. Wolves basically manufacture and distribute their kits and Castore pay a fee to be on their kits and training gear. 
Personally I’d love us to go back to Nike or Adidas but reckon we’ll be stuck with Castore for another 4/5 years.

Castore do the kits but not the other merchandise for Wolves but they still want out. 

Although signing another deal with Castore is basically a no-brainer for us, Bisgrove might have to be careful as they may disappear very quickly and leave us in the lurch. Especially if they lose a bunch more merchandise deals outside of football with the likes of McLaren.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Newcastle have binned them also and apparently Adidas are willing to pay to buy out the Castore contract, although Newcastle might be trying to sue them for poor quality control standards.

On 21/12/2023 at 11:14, Assegai said:

I play sevens on a Monday and I usually wear Rangers training top and shorts, and normal football socks (Adidas Milano), this is because I don't want to risk my Rangers tops playing. Said to my mate that I'd wear a full Rangers kit next trophy we won, so I did on Monday - I don't know what it is but the Castore socks are absolutely brilliant. Felt really snug, no movement around my foot, no movement inside my boot, gripped my calf really well.

And the red tops felt fucking class.

If you play regularly you should try TRUsox, by far the best football socks for comfort and keeping your foot secure in your boot. Pros wearing things they’re not sponsored to wear is generally a good sign of a decent product.

44 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Newcastle have binned them also and apparently Adidas are willing to pay to buy out the Castore contract, although Newcastle might be trying to sue them for poor quality control standards.

Yeah that was done a while ago. Adidas able to buy out the contract as it's extremely small amount for an EPL club.

48 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If you play regularly you should try TRUsox, by far the best football socks for comfort and keeping your foot secure in your boot. Pros wearing things they’re not sponsored to wear is generally a good sign of a decent product.

Thank you, mate. I wore a pair of Adidas football crew with Traxion socks yesterday, felt really comfortable in them. Definitely want to try different varieties of grip socks.

6 hours ago, OhW said:

Bought the pro home kit in the Black Friday sale and I have to say I hate it. Prefer the cheaper version. 

What don't you like about it? I prefer the material and like details such as the holes, but resent the Castore badge being a transfer.

3 hours ago, Assegai said:

What don't you like about it? I prefer the material and like details such as the holes, but resent the Castore badge being a transfer.

I don’t like the material or the fit. 

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

My wee boy Loves his and prefers it over the other ones he has 

I expected to prefer it. It looks nicer, the little details are all better. I just don’t like the feel of the material or how it fits. Would have been gutted if I bought it at full price. 

14 hours ago, OhW said:

I don’t like the material or the fit. 

2 hours ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Every garment from Castore seems to be cut from different dimensions….

I do find the pro top a wider cut across the shoulders than the same size replica top (L).

40 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Pro top has a transfer but the regular one is embroidered? 

:confused:

Aye it’s because the embroidered badge affect the players nipples.

22 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Probably bullshit but thought I’d fire it in.

e6aa6358-e0f0-46c6-8f01-bff73327cd89.jpeg

It will be. 

Fan media have reported (because they’ve been fed by the club), then we have a very good working relationship with Castore. 

Naturally when the deal ends, we’ll invite other parties to bid to try and drive up the deal we get. But despite the quality control issues, Castore apparently pay their invoices on time and let the club have a lot of input into kits etc. 

Unless one of the bigger players blows them out of the water (and they won’t as the likes of Nike/Adidas just done care about clubs our size), then I’d expect they’ll be the partner for the foreseeable.