Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

Perfectly fine keeping Castore tbh

Some issues at the very start of the deal with a new company but it's a nice brand, becoming very big in the sports world, and I think they've been the most consistently nice kits we've had under any other manufacturer for a long time. 

If they're the highest bidder then fair enough. Hopefully we can get an improved deal from whoever we end up with.

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

Perfectly fine keeping Castore tbh

Some issues at the very start of the deal with a new company but it's a nice brand, becoming very big in the sports world, and I think they've been the most consistently nice kits we've had under any other manufacturer for a long time. 

If they're the highest bidder then fair enough. Hopefully we can get an improved deal from whoever we end up with.

I think all the kits have been class tbh.

I don’t mind Castore. Never had any issues when ordering or anything. But a change would be nice. I‘m an unashamed Adidas mark, so would love them. Think Umbro have made some really nice kits for Hearts recently, so wouldn’t mind them. Hope we steer well clear of Nike though. Majority of their more recent kits are absolutely barking. 

10 minutes ago, SPWF said:

I don’t mind Castore. Never had any issues when ordering or anything. But a change would be nice. I‘m an unashamed Adidas mark, so would love them. Think Umbro have made some really nice kits for Hearts recently, so wouldn’t mind them. Hope we steer well clear of Nike though. Majority of their more recent kits are absolutely barking. 

Adidas and NIke treated us like a big team and gave us kits that were unique to us, now it seems to be templates given to all the clubs, Umbro kits have probably been the nicest in a long long time.

we won’t be near adidas whilst they make the sex offenders stuff 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Adidas and NIke treated us like a big team and gave us kits that were unique to us, now it seems to be templates given to all the clubs, Umbro kits have probably been the nicest in a long long time.

Don't think Bisgrove or his apprentice will give a fuck. If Adidas came forward with more money than Castore then they would pick Adidas. 

Don't see us changing from Castore or Kindred though. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

Don't think Bisgrove or his apprentice will give a fuck. If Adidas came forward with more money than Castore then they would pick Adidas. 

Adidas won’t come near us as they sponsor the sex offenders. It’s nothing to do with anyone at the club, it just won’t happen 

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

I don’t think that’s true tbh. If there’s money to be made why would they care? We’ve have the same sponsors before, albeit 20 years ago now.  

10 minutes ago, SPWF said:

I don’t think that’s true tbh. If there’s money to be made why would they care? We’ve have the same sponsors before, albeit 20 years ago now.  

Its just not the done thing, the same company tend not to make rivals strips, its why when they lose one club they usually end up at the other. 

Man U are now Adidas after Liverpool left, Barca are Nike, Real adidas. But they’ll tend not to do both at the same time 

The one thing I don’t like about Umbro is they have done identical training gear for multiple clubs, same colours and everything, just obviously with the club badge being different. You’d assume if they had us they wouldn’t do that though.

Burnley, Ipswich, Bournemouth etc. all the same turquoise and pink stuff.

7 hours ago, esquire8 said:

As they should.

We’ll stick with Castore I suspect though. Good deal for both parties. 

I’d like to see a move away from them for a few reasons. It really grates on me the shite supply issues they have of getting kits in stores.

Flown from Edinburgh airport a few times recently and the JD there have fuck all of our kits in stock, ever. Constant supply of the mhanks’ kits though. It’s the same in loads of stores - really poor selection.

We should be front and centre in these stores, every time.

17 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

I’d like to see a move away from them for a few reasons. It really grates on me the shite supply issues they have of getting kits in stores.

Flown from Edinburgh airport a few times recently and the JD there have fuck all of our kits in stock, ever. Constant supply of the mhanks’ kits though. It’s the same in loads of stores - really poor selection.

The tarriers have an agreement in place with JD to sell their kits.

18 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

We are slap bang at the front in the fort JD 

Castore have gotten much better following their quite frankly embarrassing introduction to football kit production but recently they've got loads of choices for everyone. There's a variant for whatever anyone likes and to be honest most (not all) of the issues you see with people have come from their choosing to wash their kits with bricks. 

15 hours ago, RFC55 said:

We are slap bang at the front in the fort JD 

Good to hear but that really hasn’t been my experience in places like Falkirk, Stirling or different stores around Edinburgh.

Don’t know what it’s like in SD as I don’t go near the place, but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a shit selection there too.