Official Rangers vs Dundee Utd Match Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m all ears as to how a deep stud wound above knee height isn’t a red for dangerous play.

I've watched it umpteen times now and the gash makes it look so much worse. He's took the ball and followed through and caught him. Aye he's left the foot in a bit but it's a yellow for me.

Pawlett flying into the back of Roofe would have been more deserving of a red.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

How can you not think that’s a red? Reckless, dangerous, forceful, straight leg follow through with studs above the knee, and left a huge gash in the thigh and he left on a stretcher - what more you looking for?

Stretcher was nothing more than a precaution as we now know. If the roles were reversed there and our player got a red for it I'd be raging.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I've watched it umpteen times now and the gash makes it look so much worse. He's took the ball and followed through and caught him. Aye he's left the foot in a bit but it's a yellow for me.

Pawlett flying into the back of Roofe would have been more deserving of a red.

It’s not a follow through after a kick it’s a straight leg right through his knee with enough force to penetrate his leg ffs.

It was fucking horrific.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Stretcher was nothing more than a precaution as we now know. If the roles were reversed there and our player got a red for it I'd be raging.

I'm not sure it was "nothing more than a precaution". An injury can be extremely painful in the short-term, and can certainly limit mobility, without having a lasting impact. 

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

If that was one of ours that done it Clancy would have had no problem sending him off...........

I don’t disagree with you mate, he would’ve been choking to send one of our players off if we did it. But that’s cos Clancy’s a cheating, Rangers hating cunt.

I’m actually surprised that he didn’t take the chance for a red by booking Barisic and their player for dissent, even though it would’ve been completely unjustified.

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

Morelos wasn’t carded for the throat gesture. 

I thought he was retrospectively punished for it? Good spot if I’m talking jobbies.
Will be interesting to see if that abomination of a tackle gets the media exposure his wee gesture did.

5 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

If that was one of ours that done it Clancy would have had no problem sending him off...........

That is the real issue. We can all have an opinion if it is Red, Yellow or nothing but what really matters is what is given when one of our players does it versus another teams player. A lot if people are comparing it to Jack at Aberdeen , I personally thought this was worse so appears very inconsistent in outcome to me. 

Archived