Kamara...Midfield Role

doc holliday

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, doc holliday said:

Playing very  well for his country as an attacking box to box midfielder.

Interesting to see if Rangers  try him out in that position. 

After his performance in that role it would be remiss not to imo...

I like him as a midfielder so much more than Ryan Jack but I think the way he plays is down to instructions from Gerrard in all honesty (i.e telling him to sit in there, keep it simple etc) and he sometimes looks fed up because of it.

In Europe when there's more space and it's a more expansive game he uses space really well and doesn't waste a ball.

8 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I like him as a midfielder so much more than Ryan Jack but I think the way he plays is down to instructions from Gerrard in all honesty (i.e telling him to sit in there, keep it simple etc) and he sometimes looks fed up because of it.

In Europe when there's more space and it's a more expansive game he uses space really well and doesn't waste a ball.

Had a shocker against Braga, but been an absolute standout in the majority of our European games. 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

His job for us is to cover for Barasic as to allow him go forward.

He’s a talented player and i think he’ll leave for decent money and have a decent career.

Yes mate, he has all of the attributes to shine in a team that utilise his strengths, most probably not in a league like our own where 90% of opponents only tactic is stifling any form of flowing football or player/team expression a low block...

56 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Better than Jack? We watching the same games??? 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

How often would he be able to play a box to box style in this league where opponents are set up purely to strangle the game .

Brendan Rodgers used this exact 4-2-3-1 formation we are now trying.  He used a box-to-box right next to a holding midfielder.  It worked just fine.  I don’t see why it wouldn’t work for us if we have the right players in.

Blows hot n cold. One game looks like a £5m player, next looks like £50k. Stifled by the tactical position hes been told to play but due to the full back cover is always going to play that position when picked. Can be replaced by any average defensive midfielder with no problem at all.

Archived