Kamara...Midfield Role

doc holliday

5 hours ago, rangersross said:

I really like Kamara as a footballer but he’ll never be able to shine for us in the SPL. Just wait until he’s playing in Serie A (or somewhere similar) - he’ll look absolutely phenomenal. 

Absolutely ideally suited for the Italian game.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Kante and Matuidi are 2 of the best box to box midfielders in recent times I can think of that both don’t possess what you are asking for. 

Im thinking Gerrard or Lampard, imo no use being box to box if you dont weigh in with your fair share of goals

1 minute ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

Kante box to box? Not to me he ain't. 

He was in the top 5 ground coverage in the premiership for about 4 seasons running mate. Winning 2 titles and being player of the season both times 

he wasn’t running side to side bud 😂

10 hours ago, CR3 said:

1:03 in. Keeper doesn’t do him any favours but that was the first main highlight of Kamara I seen in this good performance apparently from him

Haven't seen much of that cunt Duffy, but he looks like a big dumplin in this. Trying to play offside a few times and getting caught out.

Loathed to criticise Kamara or Jack as I think both have been instructed to play the way they have and we have not seen the best of them because of it. After the Livingston game Jack has moved slightly forward in position and will now move forward in possession and passing. We have yet to really see Kamara since the Livingson game but watching that clip, he appears comfortable going forward from box to box. I think both a good players but in our league you need a slugger and a creator together in midfield and both of them have not proved to be one or the other, yet.

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

Loathed to criticise Kamara or Jack as I think both have been instructed to play the way they have and we have not seen the best of them because of it. After the Livingston game Jack has moved slightly forward in position and will now move forward in possession and passing. We have yet to really see Kamara since the Livingson game but watching that clip, he appears comfortable going forward from box to box. I think both a good players but in our league you need a slugger and a creator together in midfield and both of them have not proved to be one or the other, yet.

I'm not so sure about the highlighted part but the rest imo you're right. 

I think we just need our midfield further up than they were against livingston ( as they have been since) and looking as default to go forward when possible rather than side / back (as Jack has done recently).

If they can do that, and improve their shooting / feeding balls through to forwards then we'll be far better for it. They're both strong enough not to be dominated by physicality in this league.

We're doing well without fully clicking, but thats due to forwards as much as midfield.

Kamara is definitely capable of playing in Scotland.

Look at the below.. Look how far forward he is playing at times. Starting attacks, running at players... he's even out in the wider positions. All whilst still getting back, breaking up play and keeping possession. I remember glimpses of this when he first joined, but I don't know if the Ibrox crowd getting on his back has made him go in to his shell... Or if he's just being asked by Stevie G to play it safe.

20 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

His job for us is to cover for Barasic as to allow him go forward.

He’s a talented player and i think he’ll leave for decent money and have a decent career.

This. He will make us a fortune. He loses possession easily but he is otherwise a very good player. 

1 hour ago, Iakona said:

Kamara is definitely capable of playing in Scotland.

Look at the below.. Look how far forward he is playing at times. Starting attacks, running at players... he's even out in the wider positions. All whilst still getting back, breaking up play and keeping possession. I remember glimpses of this when he first joined, but I don't know if the Ibrox crowd getting on his back has made him go in to his shell... Or if he's just being asked by Stevie G to play it safe.

He’s ripping the piss out of Brown, Ntcham, and McGregor in that video :lol:

47 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Can see he plays so within himself in our system, has to be down to instructions from coaching staff 

I find it hard to believe he gets told when there’s 30 yards of open space infront of you don’t drive into it , when there’s a forward pass on play if square , when your 25 yards from goal don’t shoot , if he’s getting told that , Gerrard should be hunted for his life 

Never really thought of him playing further forward.

I remember when Aribo signed he spoke about how a group of players would meet up and play 5s together in London and he name checked Kamara alongside guys like Zaha. If I remember correctly he spoke about how talented a player he was.

Perhaps its something worth exploring of he is doing it for Finland.

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Kamara looks a superstar in his YouTube video.

Must have been what juve watched fucking outstanding close control and speed of movement and passing. Why the confusion, fear and slow play in some games? He clearly is talented.

5 hours ago, Cedrick said:

I find it hard to believe he gets told when there’s 30 yards of open space infront of you don’t drive into it , when there’s a forward pass on play if square , when your 25 yards from goal don’t shoot , if he’s getting told that , Gerrard should be hunted for his life 

Might stem from his Arsenal youth days.  They’re taught to play like that.  Zelalem was exactly the same.  They can find pockets of space and pass the ball around no problem.  Beyond that... 

Archived