Scott Arfield

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arfield is someone I'd always have in the squad. I think his international situation didn't help matters last year but the bigger impact on his upturn in form, for me, is having a more competitive squad. It brings out the best in good players, especially if they've gone from being a mainstay to being on the fringes for a few weeks.

4 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I think we need to be wary of these scatter-gun threads after a good result where everyone playing get's a thread, almost - but I'm glad fans are starting to see what he (Arfield) brings to the team and the ability he has. 

Like Kent was up until recently (and Hagi currently is) and Itten was (up until today), Jordan Jones too - I wish we'd just lay off the players with ability and appreciate they have bad games/spells, not always in the managers thoughts or need time to settle back in etc etc 

They don't become bad players overnight. There's factors we need to bare in mind.

I've no time for anyone talentless playing for us - without getting started constantly on the talented players, too.

No different to the many threads on players when we drop points really. Too many get over excited or chuck the towel in over players.

He has always been hard working and gave 100% but it is nice to see it come together with a decent result. 

Will be an important player this year even if not always first choice. We have been crying about strength in depth but that is exactly what he gives us.

4 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

No different to the many threads on players when we drop points really. Too many get over excited or chuck the towel in over players.

He has always been hard working and gave 100% but it is nice to see it come together with a decent result. 

Will be an important player this year even if not always first choice. We have been crying about strength in depth but that is exactly what he gives us.

Agreed. I'm sick making the same point myself several times a week after a good result everyone's great and after a bad result everyone's shite. We need balance and take players on their merits/ability and not carried away either way.

43 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Agreed. I'm sick making the same point myself several times a week after a good result everyone's great and after a bad result everyone's shite. We need balance and take players on their merits/ability and not carried away either way.

Doesn't happen though we can either take on the world or are not much better than a pub team 😂

As good as he has played lately he is a squad player and when Aribo and Jack are back will see limited time imo.

Basically what we have needed for the last few years. 

Archived