Morelos

Swagger

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Last season 2B74E475-AB3E-4851-BE6C-1E84B75CBC89.thumb.jpeg.4bff2c4ed31765887d6fa7bcd5c2ccfb.jpeg
This season 
76F8A24A-7350-46CC-975A-4A7A075F9B0B.thumb.jpeg.4a72c94d853777b6c0b02c426c90fca9.jpeg
I’m not seeing it pal 

He looks the same level of fitness he’s always at, his fitness is fuck all to do with why he’s not scoring so dunno why folk keep banging on about it 

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I’m not seeing it pal 

Really?  Well, firstly, we were all really fast at the beginning of last season to comment on how fitter he looked compared to the previous season.  SG himself said he was much leaner and the sharpest he'd ever seen Alfie.  The same can't be said for this season. 

Secondly, you've tried to take a couple of pics to serve your argument, so I'll do the same.  Point is, pics can sometimes be misleading/the body can appear different depending on the angle. 

But I think it's pretty clear to most, from using their own eye, that while he's still got the stamina to get around a pitch (he's not turned into a fat fucker, after all), he's put enough on to rob him of explosiveness/sharpness.  And aye, he's shit out of form.  But we'll agree to disagree, it's nae bother

Last September1053151659_Screenshot2020-10-24at12_44_38.thumb.png.47c0b366a210b9cab881feaae4a4adbe.png

9 Days Ago 1494323363_Screenshot2020-10-24at12_44_53.thumb.png.2b6fc5bb0fcd32a3199b55a1edc68b34.png

30 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Really?  Well, firstly, we were all really fast at the beginning of last season to comment on how fitter he looked compared to the previous season.  SG himself said he was much leaner and the sharpest he'd ever seen Alfie.  The same can't be said for this season. 

Secondly, you've tried to take a couple of pics to serve your argument, so I'll do the same.  Point is, pics can sometimes be misleading/the body can be appear different depending on the angle. 

But I think it's pretty clear to most, from using their own eye, that while he's still got the stamina to get around a pitch (he's not turned into a fat fucker, after all), he's put enough on to rob him of explosiveness/sharpness.  And aye, he's shit out of form.  But we'll agree to disagree, it's nae bother

Last September1053151659_Screenshot2020-10-24at12_44_38.thumb.png.47c0b366a210b9cab881feaae4a4adbe.png

9 Days Ago 1494323363_Screenshot2020-10-24at12_44_53.thumb.png.2b6fc5bb0fcd32a3199b55a1edc68b34.png

🤣

Thursday  

FDF5BB0E-57AD-445E-B44A-A01DB90EE8A9.thumb.jpeg.c528cdb99ee5cbdb1ae2aaa3e34ecbc8.jpeg

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Difference between fitness and sharpness. 

Not as sharp in front of goal will give you that one mate, that can be down to confidence.

I’m not looking at Alfredo and seen an over weight out of conditioned player. If that was the case no way would he be starting games and getting call ups to his National team. 

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

People can see the tactical tweaks. 

But they can also see that the role doesn’t suit his skill set, that he isn’t playing well and that’s he’s half the player he was up until the red at the piggery.

I get some folk can’t see past him, but he’s been utter pish (comparatively) for the best part of a year. 

He was shite post new year last season, but then so was the whole team. He’s been fine so far this season. Yes he’s not scoring as much as we, or he, would like, but the unselfish work he’s doing from a tactical point of view is one of the main reasons we’re controlling games this season. 

3 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

He is performing just lacking a goal, stuck with Borna when he wasn't performing and look at him now 

sorry mate, i'll talk to you about anything else other than morelos

you refuse to criticise the guy no matter what, so it's a pointless conversation

51 minutes ago, SPWF said:

He was shite post new year last season, but then so was the whole team. He’s been fine so far this season. Yes he’s not scoring as much as we, or he, would like, but the unselfish work he’s doing from a tactical point of view is one of the main reasons we’re controlling games this season. 

Utter BS btw. Is it a tactic for him to keep losing posession, fail to hold the ball up, and not being able to strike a ball anymore.. 

21 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Utter BS btw. Is it a tactic for him to keep losing posession, fail to hold the ball up, and not being able to strike a ball anymore.. 

You know fuck all about football :lol:

28 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Must be tactics that make his first touch utter pish at the moment as well. 

8 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

The mental gymnastics some on here are making, to try and make Morelos a big part of our current form is staggering... 

Thing is though, if hopefully he does hit form, we'll win games 2 or 3, i think we'll win the league. 

I get the Management are playing him a different way, but that shouldn't impact on his first touch which really lets him down at the moment, especially in front of goal, or his shooting, when he even does.  This time last year he was controlling the ball, shooting and scoring with ease. Not so this season. Let's hope he gets that back, but it's certainly not there at the moment, nor is it anything to do with different tactics. He hasn't been told not to control a ball, shoot and score ffs!

3 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Thing is though, if hopefully he does hit form, we'll win games 2 or 3, i think we'll win the league. 

I get the Management are playing him a different way, but that shouldn't impact on his first touch which really lets him down at the moment, especially in front of goal, or his shooting, when he even does.  This time last year he was controlling the ball, shooting and scoring with ease. Not so this season. Let's hope he gets that back, but it's certainly not there at the moment, nor is it anything to do with different tactics. He hasn't been told not to control a ball, shoot and score ffs!

The couple of efforts he had on Thursday hardly threatened, if he had been more aware on both we had a man slap bang in front of goal, a square pass would have resulted in two tap ins.

Archived