*****The Official Rangers v Lech Poznan Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, Capetownbear said:

I think we will see this tonight but maybe Barker in for Hagi to catch them in behind... hopefully a couple of early goals for the nerves to settle and to get Itten & Zungu on for some much needed minutes

I doubt Zunga is registered to play?? In any case, he won't be up to speed.

Our squad is so strong now that every posters team selections will look good.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to this, Poznan struggling in their league and a good chance for another 3 points. Win tonight and we should request our own coefficient independent of the scum and other Scottish dross....

On a serious note 6 points from 2 games would give us a great chance of qualifying early and resting some players at the tail end of the group stage. Can’t remember us ever having that option in Europe 

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I doubt Zunga is registered to play?? In any case, he won't be up to speed.

Our squad is so strong now that every posters team selections will look good.

he is registered to be in the squad.. I think he will definitely be on the bench tonight to get the game day experience and a view of Ibrox but whether or not that translates to game time i'm not sure but trust the management to know of course.. 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Really looking forward to this, Poznan struggling in their league and a good chance for another 3 points. Win tonight and we should request our own coefficient independent of the scum and other Scottish dross....

On a serious note 6 points from 2 games would give us a great chance of qualifying early and resting some players at the tail end of the group stage. Can’t remember us ever having that option in Europe 

100% 6 points at this stage I would bite your hand off.. if we can pick up something against Benfica next week then we are all but through.. hopefully aren't being over confident on this one though

8 minutes ago, Capetownbear said:

100% 6 points at this stage I would bite your hand off.. if we can pick up something against Benfica next week then we are all but through.. hopefully aren't being over confident on this one though

Don’t think it’s over confidence when you consider our recent record though it feels weird now being confident about European games

We overcame a better Polish team last season and we’re a better team now. They clearly have some quality but we should be too much for them 

6 minutes ago, Capetownbear said:

Absolutely. If it' a case of us and Benfica on 6 and the others on zero then it looks like a straight fight for the group winner and seeded status in the knockouts,

36 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

To add a bit of spice to the day I shall have a small wager on LIlle -1 and us -1. No idea what the odds will be on that double but I shall go and look.

Lille and Rangers to win both halves will be alot better value! Both 1 up at half time your laughing 😊

1 hour ago, Capetownbear said:

I think we will see this tonight but maybe Barker in for Hagi to catch them in behind... hopefully a couple of early goals for the nerves to settle and to get Itten & Zungu on for some much needed minutes

Now that Aribo is fit and Roofe/Itten are getting sharper, there is absolutely no excuse for playing Barker again.

Wouldn’t even have him in the stand, never mind the bench.

As useless as windae wipers on a submarine.

:angrywillie:

14 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Is that Tiba not meant to be one of their best players?

Yes

7 hours ago, Jb85 said:

Don’t know tbh, but would like to beat their full strength team. 

Kaminski and Tiba are 2 of their best players. Kaminski is an 18 year old they are all apparently touting for big things

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Now that Aribo is fit and Roofe/Itten are getting sharper, there is absolutely no excuse for playing Barker again. “

Wouldn’t even have him in the stand, never mind the bench.

As useless as windae wipers on a submarine.

:angrywillie:

Personally prefer Jones as a wide player but another poster told me Barker gets the nod from a tactical point of view (his off the ball game) citing an Athletic article.. 

Jones isn't in the  UEL squad though leaving Barker and Kent the only wide players with serious pace to burn... to be honest I'm not sure how Barker even got a deal with us... 

But I don't really see Aribo & Itten competing for a place positionally with Barker... Roofe on the other hand does cover the wider areas and looks a proper baller but not sure he has as much pace.

5 minutes ago, badjon said:

Professional performance get the points and move on. Sunday is the big test IMHO. Would take a point if we were guaranteed three on Sunday right now.

Nope.

A win tonight puts us well clear of Liege (cannot see them beating Benfica) and Lech. Six points clear with four to play, qualification almost assured.

I agree that Sunday is crucial but we need two wins out of two, definitely achievable on current form

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Nope.

A win tonight puts us well clear of Liege (cannot see them beating Benfica) and Lech. Six points clear with four to play, qualification almost assured.

I agree that Sunday is crucial but we need two wins out of two, definitely achievable on current form

No worries I meant if I could only choose the scenario I outlined. Of course I want maximum points from all games we play. We have it in us to achieve that. I just meant more concerned about Kilmarnock and the pitch there, which should not be allowed in top flight leagues, than tonight at Ibrox.👍

6 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Nope.

I'm 💯 confident we'll get the results we need, Colin. Another couple of 2-0 scorelines will do nicely. 👍👍

Archived