*****The Official Rangers v Lech Poznan Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel pretty confident going into this considering the form we are in and the lack of form Lech Poznan have. Polish football isn't a great standard and sit quite low on the country coefficient list (30th currently).

McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander, Bassey, Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Hagi, Kent, Morelos.

I'd go with Jack and Kamara in Europe just for that stability and the chances to counter with the front 3/4 are probably higher. It also means Davis is rested for Sunday and can start with Kamara.

With Arfield being on the bench yesterday he should be fine to play this game and on Sunday and I think his late runs may be useful in these two games coming up. It also means Aribo can play on Sunday with Hagi dropping out, I think Aribo might be a bit more useful than Hagi down at Rugby Park.

Hopefully Gerrard goes with using the squad with an eye towards Sunday. Europa League is important, however the Scottish League is priority this year, I would prefer to see the squad players, not first picks out for this one. Itten, Roofe, Barker, Patterson, Jones should all be in with a shout for Thursday night, assuming of course that they are in the European squad.

10 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

You could argue that the wheels have came off in previous two seasons after visits and defeats at Rugby park.

This season we’re spanking teams like willem II 4-0 and liege 2-0 away from home, kilmarnock are nowhere near the level of those 2 teams imo. 
hopefully that bodes well for us and we take the 3 points on Sunday!!

13 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

This season we’re spanking teams like willem II 4-0 and liege 2-0 away from home, kilmarnock are nowhere near the level of those 2 teams imo. 

It’s not ability, it’s mentality. That’s our issue that we need to overcome. 

15 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

But Willem II and Standard Liege dont have plastic pitches. As Graeme 4 said it's mentality and some of our players seem to have a problem with plastic pitches. Don't forget the result at Livingston.

Archived