*****The Official Rangers v SL Benfica Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They would cuff us about the place.

They beat Inter in last years final. Inter knocked out Leverkusen who schooled us on football at the pointy end of a European competition. Think out that side they have only lost 2 players over the summer.

I'm only going by what I watched last night, not previous years. Pretty sure no one else watched the game last night.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Disappointing  Zungu injured as well but with all these games, international , European,domestic  and now with cup games kicking in as well  it's no a surprise  Jack is struggling a bit.

Just hope they are no out for too long as this will put pressure on Davis and Arfield in particular.

We need the full squad this season, Davis got a rest during the last international, hopefully bides him in good stead for this game. 

6 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Just seen Tarabaat’s on their injury list of 6 - pleased with that he’s a good creative player. Him and their star striker being out is brilliant news 

what about that Otamendi that got sent off a couple weeks ago, is he out this game or does it kick in the next game? 

Don’t think Taraabt is a big loss for them tbh. He looked unfit and slow against us.

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Don’t think Taraabt is a big loss for them tbh. He looked unfit and slow against us.

They recently gave him a decent contract extension though. Players like him, can look unfit and slow but create something from nothing. That's massive if that's missing.

See Jack's out injured. Jack excels in these European games but my preference is still Davis and Kamara.

On 22/11/2020 at 23:42, GA1972 said:

It’s as much about what we do as anything else

Yes they’re a quality side but we started the game playing scared a bit last time, if we go out and play with the confidence on the ball that we should then we can be more than a match for them 

Their recent results have been poor as well, beaten at home by Braga after we played them and trounced by Boavista before. 

It’s Benfica not Bayern Munich and we’re capable of beating them 

Agree with all of this mate.......... fancy us to sneak a 2-1 win.

23 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I watched bits & pieces of Champions league tonight. We are better than teams like Sevilia, Rennes, Krasnodar & Kyiv.

There are harder teams in the Europa than some Champions League teams - Benfica, Bayer , Leicester, Villarreal, Spurs... and us!

Ffs

45 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I think the majority of the side picks itself! Not sure who will be up top. I'd go with (injuries permitting)

McGregor

Tav Helander Goldson Barisic

Kamara Aribo Davis

Roofe Morelos Kent

That’s what I would pick too but I fear we’ll be seeing the name Barker in the starting lineup, probably at the expense of Roofe.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

That’s what I would pick too but I fear we’ll be seeing the name Barker in the starting lineup, probably at the expense of Roofe.

Sneaking feeling that Barker will play a big part either starting or from the bench. 

Archived