We have won nothing

They Gnu

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

92-93 season 44 games undefeated, current team 26 games undefeated. Is this team capable of matching that great run?  

Would probably mean going all the way to the semi final in the Europa so a very difficult record to match. Will we ever see a run like that again? 

Still find it hard to believe that we have shipped 3,yes 3 goals in domestic matches and 2 of them were an own goal and an offside.
Absolutely stunning stats.

IMO this will be down to the matches against them and i struggle to see how and where they can turn this gap around.
One game at a time,but gloat like fuck.

The main thing that gets on my tits and a slight worry is celtic perhaps getting a potential confidence booster if they win last seasons scottish cup. 

It should have been made void. If they cant finish a league season properly but then they have a fucking cheek extending the period for the cup just so they dont upset the tims. Joke of an organisation. 

43 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Nothing is won yet but for me it's for us, as fans, to get excited and the team to be professional.

If we can't get excited in this position then when can we?

Good point 👍

Supporter's don't really need to be humble. 

And FTP

*** On that point, they'd never be a Partick thistle supporter or an Aberdeen supporter post 80s.

If you cant be confident in the position we are in with the way we are playing and the form we are showing then may aswell be a defeatist for life. 

We are so far ahead of anyone in this country it's frightening. 

Getting the jitters cause some fenian bastards won last night is not on for me, they are stinking and will drop a lot more points than we will from here on. 

If you can't look forward to 55 from this point then I geniunly feel sorry for folk. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

If you cant be confident in the position we are in with the way we are playing and the form we are showing then may aswell be a defeatist for life. 

We are so far ahead of anyone in this country it's frightening. 

Getting the jitters cause some fenian bastards won last night is not on for me, they are stinking and will drop a lot more points than we will from here on. 

If you can't look forward to 55 from this point then I geniunly feel sorry for folk. 

Lille under20s too.

They deserve lennon - he's one of their own

2 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

The main thing that gets on my tits and a slight worry is celtic perhaps getting a potential confidence booster if they win last seasons scottish cup. 

It should have been made void. If they cant finish a league season properly but then they have a fucking cheek extending the period for the cup just so they dont upset the tims. Joke of an organisation. 

Fully agree it shouldn't be getting played. Joke as players that weren't even registered last season can play. 

However it could go the other way. Just imagine the reaction if hearts beat them. 

Weekend they play is another chance to increase our lead and add more pressure. Points on the board a lot better than games in hand. 

Now I may have some of the facts here wrong but in Walters early days I remember the team going on a 33 game streak without losing - only to come crashing down to Dundee United at Ibrox - 0-3 at half time ( and final score) but guys were coming to blows in the bigs at half time cause Walter was shite! ( or not) 

my point: all great streaks end but that won’t make us a bad team, any more than this period makes us a great team - silverware, in particular the league , that’s what counts! We can be confident but let’s not think anything is won yet - we need to stay strong! 

4 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’ve honestly never seen that :lol: 

Fuck knows why, because I’ve watched all our games including pre-season. This year’s been a blur.

Going by many of the comments on this thread (and others of this ilk), you are not alone. In my opinion, that tournament laid the foundation for our performances this season as it gave us confidence.

5 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

92-93 season 44 games undefeated, current team 26 games undefeated. Is this team capable of matching that great run?  

Would probably mean going all the way to the semi final in the Europa so a very difficult record to match. Will we ever see a run like that again? 

I've worked out that if we matched that run it would take us to the 29th league game, qualify for the League Cup Final, qualify for the Scottish Cup 5th Round and the Last 16 of the Europa. If we matched it then lost on game 45 it would be in the Scottish Cup!

It's maybe not as long in to Europe as we think but the most important thing is how far that run would take us in the league without losing if we matched that run. Liverpool lost their first league last season on their 28th game, beat that and we can be extremely confident on lifting the title.

Football's weird and one game can fuck up such a run but right now, and with no winter break coming, I cannot see us losing any time soon. This team can match that run for me!

16 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I've worked out that if we matched that run it would take us to the 29th league game, qualify for the League Cup Final, qualify for the Scottish Cup 5th Round and the Last 16 of the Europa. If we matched it then lost on game 45 it would be in the Scottish Cup!

It's maybe not as long in to Europe as we think but the most important thing is how far that run would take us in the league without losing if we matched that run. Liverpool lost their first league last season on their 28th game, beat that and we can be extremely confident on lifting the title.

Football's weird and one game can fuck up such a run but right now, and with no winter break coming, I cannot see us losing any time soon. This team can match that run for me!

Good post mate 👍

19 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Bang on.

Yet people were scared for a trip to Dingwall last week and Tannadice on Sunday.

Who is scared?

I get a tad nervous watching every league game mate, but never scared.

No sane cunt Bear is scared of playing anyone on Scotland.

I only relax when we are 3 goals up mind you.:craphead:

Archived