*****Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread*****

RangersMedia

Just now, TartanTeddy said:

Be interesting if they do and Alfie is playing - his position (this season) would naturally sit between the two banks of five and would open that system up and bring a hell of a lot more chances than we made today

I'd have loved if we'd smashed them today and his arse got firmly planted on the bench for weeks given his stupidity.

But for the greater good we need him available. Last chance saloon behaviour wise, hope to fuck instead of petulance  he hits real form and shows his true worth.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The tactics I think we're far more capable now of overcoming. Today the issue was we gave them a soft goal and something to really hold on to.

Our defence needs to get back to fortress like ASAP. The attack side of things will normally look after itself.

It was defo a difficult watch this afternoon, not sure if blood pressure can handle another so quickly,

Not generally given to emotional outbursts, butgiven the way Motherwell played when the second goal went in

screamed get it up yeez ya shower of useless bastards, then screamed at their new found sense of urgency

Genuinely no looking forward to it. We’ve done so well in the league now and we can actually do it, almost half way and the position we are in the now gives me the fucking fear not to go and romp this. The celebrations that are due from us would be biblical. And the despair from they rancid smelly bastards would be something that would fuel me for the end of my days. 

The failure from them to win the 10 would be absolutely beautiful. Something I would cherish more than life itself purely because of their obsession with it. 

So every league game I fucking hate it. I don’t look forward to it and the thought of losing it in this position keeps me up. 

Ive already told my family if Stevie G delivers us this league, his face is getting tattooed on my heart 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd have loved if we'd smashed them today and his arse got firmly planted on the bench for weeks given his stupidity.

But for the greater good we need him available. Last chance saloon behaviour wise, hope to fuck instead of petulance  he hits real form and shows his true worth.

He's essential to the system we play - so hope Gerrard and whoever has influence on him have taken him aside and explained the consequence of his actions - particularly in regards to Wednesday night. He really seemed to have turned a corner this season in terms of discipline and the fact he has taken on a role where he's not getting goals, so hoping the suspension is a proper kick up the arse for the wee man.

If he doesn't play, I think we will see a lot more performances from the team like the last two, which gives me the absolute fear. When he plays, the spaces for other players make a huge contribution to the spread of gaols across the team.

16 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Genuinely no looking forward to it. We’ve done so well in the league now and we can actually do it, almost half way and the position we are in the now gives me the fucking fear not to go and romp this. The celebrations that are due from us would be biblical. And the despair from they rancid smelly bastards would be something that would fuel me for the end of my days. 

The failure from them to win the 10 would be absolutely beautiful. Something I would cherish more than life itself purely because of their obsession with it. 

So every league game I fucking hate it. I don’t look forward to it and the thought of losing it in this position keeps me up. 

Ive already told my family if Stevie G delivers us this league, his face is getting tattooed on my heart 

I'm the exact same. Leading up to every game I now get that nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach that you would normally get going into an old firm game - it feels like so much is riding on every kick of the ball. I don't remember a title race ever being like this and I can't put it down to any one point of the following: The position we are in and how well we have done to this point, the 9 years of shite, stopping them getting 10 or that due to covid there isn't as many distractions outside of football. It's going to be a crazy build up to the end of the season and I fucking hope with every bone in my body we are all having that biblical party in 5 months time. 

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mcgregor

Tav, Goldson, Helander, Barasic

Arfield, Davis, Kamara

Hagi

Roofe, Morelos, 

Don’t know how far away Jack’s fitness is but I’m keen to see him back for games like this and Hibs.

If he’s still out, I’d go with that team too. Kent and Aribo not delivering at the moment. Thank fuck for Roofe and Itten.

57 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

He's essential to the system we play - so hope Gerrard and whoever has influence on him have taken him aside and explained the consequence of his actions - particularly in regards to Wednesday night. He really seemed to have turned a corner this season in terms of discipline and the fact he has taken on a role where he's not getting goals, so hoping the suspension is a proper kick up the arse for the wee man.

If he doesn't play, I think we will see a lot more performances from the team like the last two, which gives me the absolute fear. When he plays, the spaces for other players make a huge contribution to the spread of gaols across the team.

Hes not essential. He can play a role, he's an asset and he needs to be available as an option, but he's not essential.

We won today without him. Id have no problems not seeing him in our jersey again if he risked a red card / points due to needless stupidity like he got last weekend.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hes not essential. He can play a role, he's an asset and he needs to be available as an option, but he's not essential.

We won today without him. Id have no problems not seeing him in our jersey again if he risked a red card / points due to needless stupidity like he got last weekend.

Didn’t get a red or lose us points last weekend.just the way you’ve worded the last bit 

Autocorrect is a tarrier 

10 hours ago, The Socrates. said:

Anyone that has a VPN will be able to get a 3 day pass for Rtv unlimited fir the game, av done it the last 2 League cup games. I wid think could so the same

I've got a VPN... Do you just "bounce" it off another Country. Always buy the home games on RTV this season but some of the streams for away ones buffer quite a bit, depending. 

6 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

Didn’t get a red or lose us points last weekend.just the way you’ve worded the last bit 

Autocorrect is a tarrier 

If he can't control that petulance and does selfish stupid things that warrant red cards in games where it could cost us points then he's more a liability than asset.

He's on his last life for me.

Morelos back in everybodys starting line up, has the penny dropped 🤣

Only joking hopefully the wee break has done him good and he comes back fired up and with a point to prove. 

Don’t know if I’m being over confident but I think the manner of the win yesterday will have us right up for this and it won’t be as tough a game as some are expecting 

4-0 Rangers  👊🏼🇬🇧

8 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

Hesgoal 👍🏻 Save your cash 

Hesgoal has been murder recently especially for the European games. Kept freezing and cutting out and commentary wasn’t even in English.

I’m just going to bite the bullet and pay the £17.50.

12 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Morelos has been criticised by many on here, me included, for his performances this season but I have also always maintained he creates havoc in the opposition defense. May be a coincidence but 2 of our poorest performances have been when he has been suspended. For that reason I am sure Gerrard will bring him back in.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This run of away games coming up will define our season and define players careers.

We simply cannot afford players hiding or shitting the bed in tough away games in winter on shite pitches. It’s time to stand up and be counted.

This!

What the clubs were doing last year was training on the pitch before they played us to it cut up. Hopefully we now have options to play long balls though that should negate that - similar to Kilmarnock away in September.

Archived