C*ltc

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can somebody tell me what that poof Tierney has ever done to justify them wanting upwards of £25m+ for him :lol:

Nothing. He's been hyped up by the media and their support to the extent that they actually believe this nonsense.

Named in the "prestigious" Champions League breakthrough team of the year a couple of seasons ago. The breakthrough team of the year. So prestigious that nobody had ever heard of it until the papers started reporting that he made the squad.

Then there's the national team. Reality - he couldn't get a game at left back ahead of Andy Robertson so he was shoehorned in at right back to keep them happy. Taig version - he's better than Robertson but Robertson isn't versatile enough to play at right back so that's why Tierney does it. 

He's injury prone and I doubt he'll ever leave them. They'll continue to hype him up into a superstar and reject fictional bids for him in every transfer window and their fans will lap it up.

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Monk said:

A bit worried if they get that much for Tierney, I’d much rather he stayed there as he’s injury prone and isn’t that great anyway when he does play.

I think it’s all smoke and mirrors tbh, playing along to their tried and trusted ‘kept a player’ success narrative for when the window closes....

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Is he really that injury prone?

Wouldn't surprise me if they did get 15 million, they got 20 million for Dembele.

He has had 7 different injury spells in less than 3 years. Debatable whether that is injury prone or not but it’s quite a lot for a 22 year old. 👍

Clubs down south seem more willing to take on a Scottish player right now, so they'll probably get a few quid.

It's all down to what they then do with that cash though. Their fans will be mega-pissed if he does leave, so they don't get away with just bringing in a loan and not spending it.

Fingers crossed they get the calibre of another Comper and that German right-back they brought in during January.

36 minutes ago, The Monk said:

A bit worried if they get that much for Tierney, I’d much rather he stayed there as he’s injury prone and isn’t that great anyway when he does play.

I agree, better the devil you know and all that. 

Ultimately if they recruit a higher quality of player across the signings made than we do this summer then they will remain strong favourites. The least amount of money available to help them do this the better

I’m not overly concerned if they get a big sum for him.

They’d be losing one of their best players and I’m not convinced they’d get a decent enough replacement, given they’ve struggled to find a right back when it’s been a problem position for them.

23 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

I honestly would be amazed if they get 15m for Tierney.

A slightly above average full back.  Nothing more.

£15 million is buttons to teams like Arsenal. They spend more on bench players to beef up the squad.

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I've never understood this morbid fascination they've always had when it comes to selling their "best" players, when Jelavic etc left I was floored for weeks, with them it's a different ball game entirely. 

I don’t know if it was because we were away and they got all transfers to themselves, but they've been very good at picking up players relatively cheaply and flogging them on for a massive profit.

We could certainly do with a bit of that. Instead we get a number of our ‘fans’ giving it the ‘bite your hand off for £3m’ routine.

It has to be the model for us, given the way Sky etc has fucked everything : we get young promising players in, and make a huge profit. Sounds easier than it is admittedly, but if they can do it then so can we. The trouble is, we really need to win the league and get into the Champions league to maximise player values.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Is he really that injury prone?

Wouldn't surprise me if they did get 15 million, they got 20 million for Dembele.

£15m is an insult to the player and his ability according to Hartson and according to Bonner, a fee of £25m plus add-ons should be enough to get talks started as he would be worth £50m if he was already playing down south.

Never known a club like them when it comes to selling their players. Wheeling ex-players out to try and hike up their value.

Archived