C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Tweets kicking about showing the clear push that Collum ignored today .And another Brown elbow in someone’s face .And a 10th foul by McGregor for the sheep’s last min pen ,having already been on booking .

Only watched bits of the game but McGregor should’ve definitely had a 2nd yellow for the penalty.

I don’t think the Cosgrove one was a foul. That big sheepshagger dishes it out all the time with flailing elbows.

There was a slight nudge not enough to go down for the supposed tough guy. Wouldn’t be happy if that went against us.

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I've just checked back on the week ending the 11th of February we had 63pts and the papes 62pts....we were deducted 10pts and subsequently lost to killie on the Saturday....too much was made of the 15pt lead....they played the next day and won which was back to 12 and they had a game in hand....clearly things weren't good behind the scenes by the time admin came round but the facts are clear we were still in a title race up until then

We were behind Celtic on the 11th feb . It was the date of  the last game we played before admin was against Dunfermline and we won 4-1 

from the match report 

“It ensured that Ally McCoist's side bounced back from the disappointment of exiting the Scottish Cup last weekend to keep the pressure on Scottish Premier League leaders Celtic”

im sure the gap was about 4 points at that point but I could be wrong . We also had Cousin in the stand watching as he was expected to re-sign that week which made admin even more of a surprise 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

We were behind Celtic . the last game we played before admin was against Dunfermline and we won 4-1 

from the match report 

“It ensured that Ally McCoist's side bounced back from the disappointment of exiting the Scottish Cup last weekend to keep the pressure on Scottish Premier League leaders Celtic”

im sure the gap was about 4 points at that point but I could be wrong . We also had cousin in the stand watching as he was expected to sign that week which made admin even more of a surprise 

I just googled the results for both teams...unless I've miss counted I had it at 63 to 62 bud

@cr3_bear

Just double checked and I have miss counted m8(fucking drink)

We were behind 4pts at that stage 65 to 61....still not out it but clearly their was a lot going on in the background contributing to poor results....yip we all know McCoist wasn't a great manager but he had a phenomenal start in the first 10 games odd

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

@cr3_bear

Just double checked and I have miss counted m8(fucking drink)

We were behind 4pts at that stage 65 to 61....still not out it but clearly their was a lot going on in the background contributing to poor results....yip we all know McCoist wasn't a great manager but he had a phenomenal start in the first 10 games odd

Yeah don’t disagree that background goings on had some sort of impact on that season but we chucked some amount of points in November and December . And yeah start was great , thought 4 in a row was in the bag by October .

5 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Next weekend is massive, they are playing SC semifinal - a chance to get more points ahead and heap on the psychological pressure.

Key target is to keep the run going till the next international break in mid November.

Key target is to be there come the end....we have done the whole momentum to the winter break thing before...

59 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

Key target is to be there come the end....we have done the whole momentum to the winter break thing before...

Absolutely.

The target is win the league and that is the first time I've said that since 2012 and truely believe it is a realistic expectation - not just saying it because we are Rangers and it's the staunch thing to say, No Surrender and what.

This year feels different to last. Even when we had momentum, you just knew they would bounce back and we were probably overachieving. This season, I think they will crack if pressure is applied. That is not to say that I have total faith in our ability to apply that pressure, our team still hasn't won anything and has to prove it can sustain this relentlessness (despite the positive signs) - but Celtic are there for the taking.

8 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Loving the fact that big fenian IRA loving bastard Duffy has come up here thinking he’ll stroll it and he’s been an absolute laughing stock so far, couldn’t happen to a nicer scumbag bastard 

Just seen the sheeps 2nd penalty and nearly pished myself laughing at shame duffer.
He's down on one knee looking over his shoulder as golum awards the penalty,then the camera pans away for a split second,then it pans back to catch him lying as prone as an ira bomber in Gibraltar.
fuckin get in :UK: 

They’re lucky they’re only 3 points behind if they win their games in-hand. They’ve been worse than that actually suggests imo, scraping late wins all over the place even at the bottom six.

6 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Yeah don’t disagree that background goings on had some sort of impact on that season but we chucked some amount of points in November and December . And yeah start was great , thought 4 in a row was in the bag by October .

There's a huge goal that wasn't given in a small game at parkhead at the end of the December. 

But when the fenians discuss conspiracies they seem to forget that even happened 

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

There's a huge goal that wasn't given in a small game at parkhead at the end of the December. 

But when the fenians discuss conspiracies they seem to forget that even happened 

Aye Wallace wasn’t it if I remember right 

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Their luck was always going to run out eventually 

true, but i don't think we can underestimate our own part in their drop in performances

for the first time in a long time we're actually keeping the pressure on them and they're not liking it

long may it continue :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Eddie Howe was homesick when he went to Burnley that’s why he went back to Bournemouth 

I'm sure at Bournemouth he has almost full control over the club. I mind reading about the stuff he and his staff do.

Hed never get that under lawwell

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Their luck was always going to run out eventually 

For all that I detest the man, and for all his shortcomings, Brown was the driving force and heartbeat of their team for the 8.5IAR run....

He’s a busted flush these days, in and out the team. He can’t influence a game anymore and certainly not from the subs bench and will prove hard to replace. McGregor certainly isn’t the answer and looking at their squad I can’t see who is equipped to provide that aggression you need to push your team.

He was a key component in them steam rolling teams and snatching wins at the last minute.

As the saying goes ‘luck tends to favour the brave’. I’m not saying he’s brave but he certainly helped celtic to a position where luck was weighted more in their favour, either thro influencing the officials and/or simply ensuring play remained deep in the opposition’s half.

Without this, I believe they are fucked.

Hopefully that’s the case.

Archived