C*ltc

1 hour ago, Swally said:

it all started from the baby boomers imo and has steadily gotten worse. my dad walked into many jobs without having any qualifications, he watched his house's value rocket, and was able to watch money grow in his bank account with huge interest rates. 

this was the start of not needing to work hard for what you get and that generation had an arrogance that doesn't sit very well and their kids have either learned that from them or grown bitter towards them. generations coming later look at what happened with their parents and wonder why they're working in mcdonalds with a good degree and the bank is giving you bugger all back for your savings.

it turned later generations into bitter wee shits pissed off at everyone thinking they deserve more than what they've got. 

it really highlighted things for me when my father was told by the engineering company he worked for he must do his HNC or will have to be demoted because it was now the minimum required for that role, even although there were no job requirements in the past. never seen so many toys thrown out the pram in my life before. at that time i was about to do my HNC for my apprenticeship, a lower job than his. 

he eventually did it kicking and screaming. this is a guy who went into property surveying with no qualifications and engineering with no qualifications. 

it's not off topic, see - fuck celtic

Lol, don’t start me on degree graduates, half of the courses available are utter nonsense in the real world, I’d rather have someone work for me who possesses common sense, ambition and a good work ethic, degree or not. Unfortunately as you say it’s a pre requisite for a lot of opportunities which is a failing imo and partially leads to the air of entitlement for so many who think that because they have one they deserve a good job and money, they don't realise it’s just a starting point. 

Going back to celtic it is now really starting to amuse me how some of their fans are just starting to comprehend that the title is potentially not Just a given for them this year. Total alternate reality mode for a caller on SSB last night refusing to believe we have done well in Europe to the point of embarrassment, refusing to acknowledge ‘SG’ has steadily built a squad capable of realistically competing for this league whilst his own teams recruitment and squad strength have been on the decline. Title 55 really will be one of, if not the most important and enjoyable I will have ever witnessed...

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Robmc1 said:

Lol, don’t start me on degree graduates, half of the courses available are utter nonsense in the real world, I’d rather have someone work for me who possesses common sense, ambition and a good work ethic, degree or not. Unfortunately as you say it’s a pre requisite for a lot of opportunities which is a failing imo and partially leads to the air of entitlement for so many who think that because they have one they deserve a good job and money, they don't realise it’s just a starting point. 

Going back to celtic it is now really starting to amuse me how some of their fans are just starting to comprehend that the title is potentially not Just a given for them this year. Total alternate reality mode for a caller on SSB last night refusing to believe we have done well in Europe to the point of embarrassment, refusing to acknowledge ‘SG’ has steadily built a squad capable of realistically competing for this league whilst his own teams recruitment and squad strength have been on the decline. Title 55 really will be one of, if not the most important and enjoyable I will have ever witnessed...

What field of work you in mate 

Them.........and profit before tax 2020 fell to £0.1m (2019: £11.3m), source Daily Record.

I'm not  a financial expert but was golfing yesterday with my mate, a season ticket holder over there ( I know), and he says they are losing £500k per week at the minute. 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Plenty of chat early in the pandemic that this could be a reset for society ,At the beginning there was a sense of coming together .Didnt last very long though did it .

Said to my boss at the time that this crisis would sort out the cunts ,Good cunts,awrite cunts and utter cunts ,turns out he was an utter cunt 😂😂.And it seems we have more utter cunts amongst us than I thought.

Couldn’t believe my ears on Snyde last night mate 

Mark Guidi saying “the precedent has been set last year “ he was intimating that Gers having all the points in the bag would be in our favour .
I’m sure we hear all the usual stuff about 75% of games being played .However I was surprised ,he was coming out with this   

1 hour ago, Robmc1 said:

A sad reflection of the ‘entitled’, spoiled and disrespectful society we seem to be evolving in to. Generations of peace and relative prosperity coupled with ‘fashionable’ ott liberalism have contributed to a class (underclass imo) of people who are basically greedy for material possessions and entitlements without having the drive awareness or simple ambition to go and work for it.
Politicians (hot potato) in calling this out or maybe just the poorest crop of politicians in generations, fail to challenge this and as we are seeing in the devolved Scottish assembly (not government).
The uneducated or even un-socially aware are sleepwalking in to the SNP utopia. 
Apologies for the off topic ramble but listening and watching the celtic fans attempts to constantly discredit, talk down and create their own selfish alternate reality smacks of the arrogance the inconsiderate section of community you speak about...

Rant over... 

brilliant post for me Rob👍

They are losing a hefty amount just now, there's no doubt of that. That's what is behind their desperation to get fans back into games. They weren't expecting restrictions to be in place anywhere near this length of time (which is why they don't sell PPV games) and it is seriously hurting them now.

I think a bigger blow will be their players jumping ship.  That young guy Dembele is out of contract at the end of the season.  Someone will pick him up in January.  They need to sell Edouard soon because he won’t sign a new contract and will walk away soon.  Same with Christie, Ntcham, Ajer, etc.

In the current market no one will give them the sort of money they will be hoping for.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They are losing a hefty amount just now, there's no doubt of that. That's what is behind their desperation to get fans back into games. They weren't expecting restrictions to be in place anywhere near this length of time (which is why they don't sell PPV games) and it is seriously hurting them now.

Do you know the audience figures for our PPV outside of season ticket holders? 

3 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

i've known people with good degrees (accountancy & engineering) who've either not been able to get a job or had to make do with a low level job.

i'm not saying there's useless degrees out there, but there has to be some kind of standard and sadly there are very few ways to weed out the people who are able to wing it in a 30min or hour long job interview. all you can do is reduce the likelihood of employing a chancer. qualifications are one way of doing this. it also covers the company in case of, i don't know, an accident happening or something.

i'd say someone whom has worked hard for a good degree is more deserving of a good job than someone who couldn't be arsed doing one.

i'm speaking as someone whom doesn't have a degree.

there are some skivers who don't want to work so go on to do a useless qualification, but whose fault is it for having this useless qualification out there in the first place as an option?

when peoples lifes can be put at risk by employing someone whom is sub-standard, having a standard of qualification is entirely reasonable. it's a way of ensuring this person definitely understands the rudiments.

having a good work ethic & achieving a good degree go hand in hand as it's not the easiest achievement.

anyway, i'm quite happy for the scum to think of us as no threat. the longer that continues the more vulnerable they are

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I thought biscuit tins were a thing of the past.

25 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

I heard that complete zoomer talking about history and all that lol, the ten this and that haha, it's no even ten for fuck sake, and it certainly can't be held up the same as the first time ten was done or our ten when the scum were there through them all, absolute different breed the lot of them.

5 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Yeah use to be in the off topic bit right?

A standalone thread about their financial figures was started in the Bears' Den. It has now been merged with this one where it belongs. @ForeverAndEverwas asking why the thread was in the Bears' Den while it was still there.

1 hour ago, Swally said:

i've known people with good degrees (accountancy & engineering) who've either not been able to get a job or had to make do with a low level job.

i'm not saying there's useless degrees out there, but there has to be some kind of standard and sadly there are very few ways to weed out the people who are able to wing it in a 30min or hour long job interview. all you can do is reduce the likelihood of employing a chancer. qualifications are one way of doing this. it also covers the company in case of, i don't know, an accident happening or something.

i'd say someone whom has worked hard for a good degree is more deserving of a good job than someone who couldn't be arsed doing one.

i'm speaking as someone whom doesn't have a degree.

there are some skivers who don't want to work so go on to do a useless qualification, but whose fault is it for having this useless qualification out there in the first place as an option?

when peoples lifes can be put at risk by employing someone whom is sub-standard, having a standard of qualification is entirely reasonable. it's a way of ensuring this person definitely understands the rudiments.

having a good work ethic & achieving a good degree go hand in hand as it's not the easiest achievement.

anyway, i'm quite happy for the scum to think of us as no threat. the longer that continues the more vulnerable they are

Apologies if I came across as condescending, I’m in no way decrying anyone who has taken the time effort and application in completing a degree, far from it, I have worked with many motivated,  talented and genuinely decent university graduates, of which like yourself I am not one.

I am saying it no way guarantees them any more capable than some people who through fate, circumstance, impracticality or other have not achieved this qualification. You are 100% correct with highlighting the fact that there are lazy, ‘sub standard’ chancers with no ethic or commitment and one way of potentially excluding them is further education.
A decent recruitment process (inc. trial/ probationary cycle) won’t always be 100% effective but should be a decent indicator of caliber of candidate. My issue was with, (as we were discussing) the feeling ‘entitled’, alternate reality generation who don’t realise getting to a position is just a starting point and they haven’t yet ‘made it’ in life...

My thoughts turned to the well educated then ‘Strathclyde University Students President, Matt Crilly’, an obvious celtic fan and would be SNP politician, who used the alternate reality mask to describe Rangers as "perpetuating fascist and racist politics". Basically bigoted, biased, bitter lies playing to the East end hordes and left wing needy who need a perceived  ‘symbol’ of state to hate i.e. Rangers.
This all at a time when I believe we were gaining independent positive recognition for the ‘Everyone Anyone’ campaign. 

Not the conversation I expected to have on a Thursday morning (code for rant😀) but as you say the refusal to see us as a threat is delusional now but will definitely make good watching the more it sinks in🙄... 

1 hour ago, Robmc1 said:

The bulk of that fanbase is still in shared denial. It's inconceivable to them that we are a threat, that can challenge for the title. Clowns like that tool on SSB sum up the delusion. 

I'm quite happy to let them live in that delusion and not take us seriously. It will make it all the sweeter if we take the title this season. 

17 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Apologies if I came across as condescending, I’m in no way decrying anyone who has taken the time effort and application in completing a degree, far from it, I have with worked with many motivated,  talented and genuinely decent university graduates, of which like yourself I am not one.

I am saying it no way guarantees them any more capable than some people who through fate, circumstance, impracticality or other have not achieved this qualification. You are 100% correct with highlighting the fact that there are lazy, ‘sub standard’ chancers with no ethic or commitment and one way of potentially excluding them is further education.
A decent recruitment process (inc. trial/ probationary cycle) won’t always be 100% effective but should be a decent indicator of caliber of candidate. My issue was with, (as we were discussing) the feeling ‘entitled’, alternate reality generation who don’t realise getting to a position is just a starting point and they haven’t yet ‘made it’ in life...

My thoughts turned to the well educated then ‘Strathclyde University Students President, Matt Crilly’, an obvious celtic fan and would be SNP politician, who used the alternate reality mask to describe Rangers as "perpetuating fascist and racist politics". Basically bigoted, biased, bitter lies playing to the East end hordes and left wing needy who need a perceived  ‘symbol’ of state to hate i.e. Rangers.
This all at a time when I believe we were gaining independent positive recognition for the ‘Everyone Anyone’ campaign. 

Not the conversation I expected to have on a Thursday morning (code for rant😀) but as you say the refusal to see us as a threat is delusional now but will definitely make good watching the more it sinks in🙄... 

Agreed, I'd like to continue the discussion but I can hear @ForeverAndEver arse twitching because we're way off topic, so I'll leave it there. :lol:

Archived