Rangers Media/Follow Follow

Gazza1872

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a long term member with a fairly high post count on FF, until last summer that is until I got a message "you have been banned" so fuck them I came on here. 

I knew about RM but had never been on this site until a few weeks ago, lurked for a couple of weeks and now here I am liking what I see.

I use both RM and FF and while I definitely prefer here I like the fact FF is quite active so it can be a bit more lively.

The way I see it is that FF is like the Louden, it’s fancier and it’s the one I imagine the club itself would like to have representing it as it’s more organised and popular. However, because of this it’s very strict and feels a bit touristy, as in you can imagine it’s the one more entry-level fans go to. RM on the other hand is a bit more like the Bristol or Grapes bar, it’s not as busy or as closely linked to the club, but the fans in it are more like dedicated regulars, and the atmosphere is more like that of a RSC, where you essentially know everyone else really well so the conversations are more like the ones you would have with a mate. The downside of this is that newcomers are probably quite intimidated and it takes them longer to settle in, but if they can take the slagging they’ll find it a lot more enjoyable.

Most of this is probably utter shite though, I’m just bored and can’t sleep at the moment.

Follow follow os good for a laugh, especially after the pedophiles drop points.

Too much of a sheep mentality though where not agreeing with the majority could see you banned if your opinion is too wild. 

Definetely full of the thicker element of the support. Thst prick Mark that runs it is a massive, self centred arsehole as well. 

Went on there and made an account off the back of a thread like this in the 'Bear Pit' a few years ago, backed everyone on here to the hilt so much so my posts ended up making their way back over here and a fair amount was made of it by posters on here.

Fast forward to last summer and I get banned. Go to log in one day and I see a banner saying you have been banned for so many days reason you were warned. Or something to that effect. I'm confused obviously so I shoot an email off asking for clarification (aware of the irony). Leave it a few days go to the login again except this time the banner is changed to you have been perm banned reason ignoring warnings and stirring it in the wrestling thread. Now I'm even more confused.

Firstly what fucken warnings. No mod pm'd me a warning or quoted, so I'd recieve a notification, any post of mine saying "careful now" or anything even approaching that. Literally clueless on that one.

The wrestling thread one is a beazer IMO simply because I think it perfectly illustrates their silly little forum: I chimed into the wrestling thread over there where the prevailing beliefs over wrestling seemed to be universal (shock horror on FF). At the least everyone seemed to have the same general opinions. Anyone who's went back and forth with me on here can see where this is going. But tbf I'm giving myself a pass on this one. Someone expressed an opinion in the thread and I challenged that opinion with information I believed they hadn't seen. Swear on my dads ashes that was it. Non combative polite just laid the facts out and the sources for them. I'm then ganged up on by 3 posters and told in derailing the thread :lol: discussing the thread subject. Thats when I called them all weird nerds for using wreslting insider terms for everyday things....especially when discussing football. Makes me cringe like fuck. Then I asked them if they sent each other tags in PMs behind the mods backs.

Fucken weirdos man :lol:

Got a life ban over there years ago, around the administration time, had enough of the kid on in the know cunts hinting at different scenarios so told them to put up or shut the fuck up. It's riddled with Earl Haigs. 

Banned from FF for having a sash bash thread after we beat hibs :lol:

Still browse it though, but it's weird people start threads like random Facebook posts and it's weird. 

However I don't think FF admin will.have been catfished by a guy with a soggy cardboard box for a house.

I used to be on FF quite a lot, through that I signed up to Rangers First etc. A mate put me on to a thread on here which basically called exactly what would happen (with RST/Club 1872) and it did. Maybe I was a bit naive to the politics that goes on between different supporters groups etc. So ended up spending more time on here, seemed like you got both sides of the coin.

Then one day I logged in on here and started reading a thread in the Off Topic forum where a guy had basically held a fellow poster hostage in his own flat and since then, I've never been back on FF. Too tame.

11 minutes ago, SuperTav said:

I used to be on FF quite a lot, through that I signed up to Rangers First etc. A mate put me on to a thread on here which basically called exactly what would happen (with RST/Club 1872) and it did. Maybe I was a bit naive to the politics that goes on between different supporters groups etc. So ended up spending more time on here, seemed like you got both sides of the coin.

Then one day I logged in on here and started reading a thread in the Off Topic forum where a guy had basically held a fellow poster hostage in his own flat and since then, I've never been back on FF. Too tame.

Sounds like radicalisation mate. Welcome.

27 minutes ago, SuperTav said:

Allegedly 

I got my first FF ban back in 2008.

I’ve been back on since the new forum started in 2017/18. I don’t post very often, mainly just read threads.

RM has two advantages - its modding policy and its usability, which are the two main things in a forum.

FF has a better number of posters for historical discussions about the club and the lounge over there is better than the OT simply because it has more posters so more content.

7 hours ago, Gazza1872 said:

Not sure why I was banned, I think it was for getting quite annoyed at the “YNWA” thread about our fans singing it in honesty I was half cut haha

The difference between RM and FF is that apparently there is a "You'll Never Walk Alone" thread on FF that has got to the stage of being taken seriously, and apparently folk who complain about the thread are getting banned.

Says it all. 

Archived