***** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Shitebag ffs. Shitebag teams don't go unbeaten in all comps til mid February minimum with a 21 point gap, theoretically 15.

Cunts need to get a sense of perspective. Shite away results like this have always happened for the OF teams. Especially in shitey winter months.

24-4-0 chaps.:pipe:

I know mate mind losing 3-0 away to Motherwell in a title run in and still taking the title on the last day. Every title run in has had it’s up and downs, you would think people on here had never watched us win a title before. Obviously we want to win every game during a league campaign but that’s almost impossible for any team and has only ever happened on a few occasions anywhere in the world and only once in our history.

We were shite we move on to the next game... one step closer to the and title still undefeated in the league 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen, folk need to calm down. We were rubbish today, McGregor summed it up. I think were all just getting a wee bit anxious as we are so so close to the prize.

With regards to Europe, anything is,a,bonus, but i would swap back to back European wins for 6 points any day. It's ALL about this League.

For me nothing else matters.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So, fact is strongest teams dont guarantee wins, especially when 2 of said strongest team have been passengers for months now

Drop Kent and aribo and we do much better today

Kent has been brutal and Aribo is a luxury player - neither should be starting at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, Copeland1983 said:

Fucking hell - some of the chat on here.

Even in the Smith days we would be utter shite at times. The players are 21 clear in February, unbeaten in league and unbeaten in Europe.

Aye we were bad today but fucking hell a bit of perspective.

This nails it.  Being unbeaten in the league and in Europe at this stage of the season... up there with our best ever campaigns at this point in the season.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why they two? Why not kent or aribo? 

Because Zungu and Itten were given a chance to impress today and done nothing.

If we win league, Kent and Aribo will of contributed over the course of the season.

Zungu zero

Itten only if we played Motherwell every week.

Just now, Swagger said:

Kent has been brutal and Aribo is a luxury player - neither should be starting at the moment. 

Disagree on both.  Kent was fundamental to all the openings we were creating and Aribo was inches away from another goal of the season contender.  Honestly baffling how these guys are getting criticism whilst Zungu was floating about doing absolutely fuck all and Itten was quite ineffective.  Even Helander had a ropey game... Kent and Aribo were the least of our worries together.  Neither shied away either, always showing for the ball.

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Listen, folk need to calm down. We were rubbish today, McGregor summed it up. I think were all just getting a wee bit anxious as we are so so close to the prize.

With regards to Europe, anything is,a,bonus, but i would swap back to back European wins for 6 points any day. It's ALL about this League.

For me nothing else matters.

100 % this. Just now I couldn’t care less if Antwerp thumped us twice. We need this title over the line. We need a winning mentality to kick on from and by fuck we all need a trophy 

No too worried about today's result, poor as it was, but form since new year has to be a bit concerning for the gaffer.

Only 2 games since new year we scored more than a single goal and the 9ne against the sheep we only won by the single goal.

Need to get to the bottom of the reason for this IMO

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

Hopefully a kick back into the early season form coincides with the return of Europa league. For me our form dipped  after the group stages where complete 

We seem to play better when playing games all the time.

Not sure if it’s a rhythm thing.

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

You’re right but the Zungu experiment doesn’t work. Get us over the line then play him in goals for all I care 

The Zungu experiment doesnt work? How many minutes has he actually played? How long did it take Borna?? Fuck, it took Cristiano Ronaldo about two seasons to find his feet. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Jack or Davis start and we win the game. 

Kent and Aribo weren't great but Aribo was creating and taking on shots.. A baw hair away from a screamer. 

Our poor first half especially in midfield set the tempo which is hard to change after 50 odd minutes 

Davis and kamara, jack and kamara, jack and davis, and all 3 have started games where we have dropped points, infact davis and kamara dropped points away to motherwell just recently

Sitting mids aren't the reason we finish the game with less than 20% of our attempts on goal hitting the target, zungu, kamara, davis, jack and any other sitting mid arent there to dictate the tempo, they are there to cover and keep the ball, allowing the fullbacks and the number tens to dictate the play

One near screamer from aribo doesn't give him a free pass, he should have been off instead of hagi (who has been our better number ten the last couple games, but he's gerrards fall boy) kent has been atrocious for months, again gets 90mins when he deserved none 

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

If we win league, Kent and Aribo will of contributed over the course of the season.

Zungu zero

I actually thought Itten did fine  with no service and no support from Hagi and Kent, wasn't the worst in the team

2 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Disagree on both.  Kent was fundamental to all the openings we were creating and Aribo was inches away from another goal of the season contender.  Honestly baffling how these guys are getting criticism whilst Zungu was floating about doing absolutely fuck all and Itten was quite ineffective.  Even Helander had a ropey game... Kent and Aribo were the least of our worries together.  Neither shied away either, always showing for the ball.

What openings did kent help create, apart from his missed sitter? Why if two of our 3 number tens were that good, was the hamilton keeper barely tested all day

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

100 % this. Just now I couldn’t care less if Antwerp thumped us twice. We need this title over the line. We need a winning mentality to kick on from and by fuck we all need a trophy 

So true I think we’re all getting anxious and nervous it’s so close to 55 we won’t settle till it’s done 🇬🇧

2 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

No too worried about today's result, poor as it was, but form since new year has to be a bit concerning for the gaffer.

Only 2 games since new year we scored more than a single goal and the 9ne against the sheep we only won by the single goal.

Need to get to the bottom of the reason for this IMO

Our form has been fine ffs

4 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Zungu zero

So they get less than an hour to impress away to bottom of the league who are fighting to stay up

But Kents been a passenger for months now, but hey, he kicked a ball back in October so alls good, he's undroppable

Not a chance 

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Not winning in so long's turned some folk to jelly. And it's not our players.

Its a bit eye opening some of these posts today. 21 points clear, 4 of our best players out of the starting 11 today and we still only drew because we shot ourselves in the foot. 

3 of those 4 will be back midweek and it'll be back to normal. 

We didnt win today, but today doesnt feel like a "dropped points" day to me.. Im quite calm and buzzing as we are winning this league. We are only a few games away from reclaiming what is rightfully ours. We have been through hell and back and are on the verge of the greatest title in our history, and we are doing it in style, might I add. I will put on the greatest party when its mathematically over, and you are all welcome to join me. We TRULY are the people!

Just now, josmc said:

One good thing from today, I think he realises that he must play his strongest team in the remainder of the league games. Today, was awful but no real damage done. Upwards and onwards. 

Our strongest team contains two current passengers who are contributing next to nothing, that same strongest team went to motherwell and were honking

Strongest team doesn't guarantee wins, players playing well should form the starting 11 and kent and aribo dont deserve their place at all

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What openings did kent help create, apart from his missed sitter? Why if two of our 3 number tens were that good, was the hamilton keeper barely tested all day

He did create several. Watch the game back. He is a very good player. Might not assist or score as much as we want, but there is more to football than that.

Archived