Nae Morelos, nae party

King Jela

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I thought he looked really clever tonight if that makes sense some lovely little combinations with people, similar actually to the one-two he played for Kent’s goal. Loved his little dummy in the first half to Arfield as well. I’ll be having money on him scoring at Parkhead. 

Clever is the word, his game intelligence and ability to spot a pass is uncanny, the one where he smuggled the ball back to Aribo was understated quality, he could have had a lash at it and we might have got a corner, but his awareness to lay it off perfectly was as you say clever.

I thought that was one of the best games he’s played for Rangers. The best if we’re talking about all round play 

His attitude was spot on, he didn’t get involved in any needless stuff and pressed opponents effectively all night without giving them the easy way out of fouling them. Even the urgency he showed when we were lulling in the game I loved, taking quick throw ins rather than the usual waiting for the full back to come and take it for example. 

On the ball he was fantastic, played intelligently and unselfishly for the team with some lovely lay offs and one twos and a great bit of play and vision to get the ball to Aribo for the first goal. Felt in the first half with Aribo, Roofe and Arfield being a bit off it he was just lacking someone up there who was on the same wavelength but when we introduced Kent and Hagi to the game he got the support he needed.

Getting across his man for the penalty as well was excellent. The only thing you could criticise was the one on one where he should’ve scored but I’m willing to let him off given how good the performance was.

I love the guy, frustrates the life out of me as a player at times to the point where I’m his biggest critic. I’ve found myself wanting Itten to play ahead of him this season but if he carries himself in that manner and plays in that manner consistently we’ll be absolutely laughing 

14 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I thought that was one of the best games he’s played for Rangers. The best if we’re talking about all round play 

His attitude was spot on, he didn’t get involved in any needless stuff and pressed opponents effectively all night without giving them the easy way out of fouling them. Even the urgency he showed when we were lulling in the game I loved, taking quick throw ins rather than the usual waiting for the full back to come and take it for example. 

On the ball he was fantastic, played intelligently and unselfishly for the team with some lovely lay offs and one twos and a great bit of play and vision to get the ball to Aribo for the first goal. Felt in the first half with Aribo, Roofe and Arfield being a bit off it he was just lacking someone up there who was on the same wavelength but when we introduced Kent and Hagi to the game he got the support he needed.

Getting across his man for the penalty as well was excellent. The only thing you could criticise was the one on one where he should’ve scored but I’m willing to let him off given how good the performance was.

I love the guy, frustrates the life out of me as a player at times to the point where I’m his biggest critic. I’ve found myself wanting Itten to play ahead of him this season but if he carries himself in that manner and plays in that manner consistently we’ll be absolutely laughing 

Like you I get angry with him when he does the stupid stuff but love the player in him.

16 minutes ago, Smile said:

Seems to save his best for Europe did well last night but finishing once again let him down how many times does he hit the goalie when he should score.

only 2 opportunities I saw that he should've done better at - however he is likely lacking in confidence, and he's been out nearly a month through suspension. Due to his all round play I think he can be forgiven for those missed opportunities.

Just now, stevemac said:

only 2 opportunities I saw that he should've done better at - however he is likely lacking in confidence, and he's been out nearly a month through suspension. Due to his all round play I think he can be forgiven for those missed opportunities.

Definitely he did well last night Roofe also passed up the chance when it came back to him as well we need our strikers to be getting them though as we would all like to see our strikers being more clinical.

Just now, Smile said:

Definitely he did well last night Roofe also passed up the chance when it came back to him as well we need our strikers to be getting them though as we would all like to see our strikers being more clinical.

same situation with roofe though, whilst morelos is a confidence player, Roofe is a player that thrives on a run of good performances, seems to get better the more frequently he plays and it was a bit baffling seeing them both starting after a long spell on the sidelines for injury and suspension. That said, they both played well, albeit without scoring.

2 hours ago, Siam69 said:

He had a great game, so glad he's back, and that's what gets me so annoyed and frustrated when he gets himself needlessly suspended.

An on form Morelos will see the league wrapped up much quicker.

Spot on.

There's some who have said he's been shite all season, others making various reasons/ excuses for his reduced impact this season. But for me last night was a goal away from everything I want from him. He was excellent.

The old system where the full team worked to service him saw him excel with goals. The new system with him being much more a team contributor he absolutely smashed with 4 goal involvements. This is what he's capable of, it's what we need to see more consistently now as he becomes a more complete striker.

He seems in the mood, our domestic and European opponents should be worried. As long as he's available he plays and I hope he scores the goal that win us 55 in a winner against the scum.

Just now, stevemac said:

same situation with roofe though, whilst morelos is a confidence player, Roofe is a player that thrives on a run of good performances, seems to get better the more frequently he plays and it was a bit baffling seeing them both starting after a long spell on the sidelines for injury and suspension. That said, they both played well, albeit without scoring.

It was a bit weird said that last night in Arfield Roofe and Morelos we had three players all having been out for a wee while start.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

It was a bit weird said that last night in Arfield Roofe and Morelos we had three players all having been out for a wee while start.

I was surprised with Arfield with him only getting a few minutes in the last match to then start this one, however he didn't appear to be leggy IMO.

20 minutes ago, Smile said:

Seems to save his best for Europe did well last night but finishing once again let him down how many times does he hit the goalie when he should score.

I'll ask you this question, the Buff through on the keeper doesn't score - bad miss, their player through on McGregor doesn't score - great save, not just last night I always find our forwards miss a chance and it's classed as should have done better, opposing teams get the same sort of chance and miss and it's classed by most as a great save by McGregor.

In my eyes in these situations the chances are either both bad misses or both good saves.

Just now, stevemac said:

I was surprised with Arfield with him only getting a few minutes in the last match to then start this one, however he didn't appear to be leggy IMO.

Did well I thought if we pushed up on Antwerp last night they would have shipped lots of goals their goalie was dug meat the ref helped them out a lot.

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

I'll ask you this question, the Buff through on the keeper doesn't score - bad miss, their player through on McGregor doesn't score - great save, not just last night I always find our forwards miss a chance and it's classed as should have done better, opposing teams get the same sort of chance and miss and it's classed by most as a great save by McGregor.

In my eyes in these situations the chances are either both bad misses or both good saves.

Happens too often though something he really needs to work on.

I watched the Manu game last night. Rashford had three chances one on one with goalkeeper, he missed the first two then scored the third. Alf missed one chance but made the goalie save, apart from that his link up play etc was first class. I reckon he is getting better as an all round player.

Archived