RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Livingston vs Rangers FC 

Match day 31

Date: 3rd of March

Venue: Toni Maccaroni Stadium (or the Sphagettihad)

Kick-off: 18:00 (6pm)

Live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football

Recent forms:

Livi - W W D L L D (subject to change)

Rangers - W W W D W W

Team News:

Tavernier, Jack, Roofe and possibly balogun are out with injuries. Bassey, Zungu and Patterson are expected to  be handed suspensions due to their Covid Guidelines broken last week. 

Only 7 points to go on our march to 55, the first 3 of which must be won on the artificial pitch of Livingston. The host who recently went on an impressive winning run will look to halt out progress as they look to cement their top 6 finish. 

Last time we visited Livingston in the league the game finished 0-0, which remains to be the only game we havent scored in this season (OGs not counting).

Be a big ask but thing looks to be clicking with our attack and our injury list is starting to grow, but we should have enough quality in the side to secure all 3 points and move onto St Mirren which will be our last home game before the split. 

As a side note, celtic will be playing before us on the 27th, should they drop 1 or more points before the next old firm, we will be able to secure the title on the 6th at the earliest (should they drop points against aberdeen and we beat livi and st mirren) or the 7th at the latest (should they beat aberdeen but drop points against dundee utd after we hopefully beat livi and st mirren) 

My line up

McGregor

Balogun Goldson Helander Barasic

Davis

Kamara Arfield

Aribo Morelos Kent 

I reckon some strength in the middle and up front will be required since itll no doubt be a tough battle 

1-3 (Morelos, Arfield and Goldson) 

Let's go Rangers! 

With me being retired, I think I can catch the whole game. 😉

42 minutes ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

WTF have Aribo and Hagi done today to take this crit?  Sure, Wright has a good future ahead I hope he picks up game time. I like what I've seen but ease off the boys that have got us to this position.   

Totally agree with you, especially Hagi, his turn and lay off for our third goal was stunning.

5 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

Totally agree with you, especially Hagi, his turn and lay off for our third goal was stunning.

Aribo was MOM against Dundee Utd, playing from midfield. Last night Hagi lined up in the front three, Gerrard from memory described the forward line as his best front three performance to date….

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Is it right that if they (64 points) lose to the sheep tomorrow and we (85 points) win at Livingston, we only need 1 point against St Mirren?

Yep. We need 7 points at a maximum, anything they drop just brings that down even further.

2 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

If Tavernier, Balogun and Jack are injured Patterson suspended who the hell do we play at right back ?

Maybe play a back 3 with Barasic and Aribo wide midfielders, Davis and Kamara in the middle.   Worth a try, if it fails drop Borna back to defence. 

11 hours ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

WTF have Aribo and Hagi done today to take this crit?  Sure, Wright has a good future ahead I hope he picks up game time. I like what I've seen but ease off the boys that have got us to this position.   

I see us perhaps using either Davis or Arfield due to their experience, or giving young King a run out.

20 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

I see us perhaps using either Davis or Arfield due to their experience, or giving young King a run out.

Until we've got 55 in the bag I think he'll go with much the same from the core of the squad. Based on who's available currently, Davis plus two from Arfield, Aribo and Kamara in the middle of the park. Kent and Buff plus Hagi or Aribo up top. 

If we don't have the option of Tav, Balougin or indeed Patterson at RB, potential shuffling however.

Whatever option SG chooses, I'm happy, and we must involve, and not alienate, as many of the boys that have racked up the minutes this season over the next few games.     

16 minutes ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

Until we've got 55 in the bag I think he'll go with much the same from the core of the squad. Based on who's available currently, Davis plus two from Arfield, Aribo and Kamara in the middle of the park. Kent and Buff plus Hagi or Aribo up top. 

If we don't have the option of Tav, Balougin or indeed Patterson at RB, potential shuffling however.

Whatever option SG chooses, I'm happy, and we must involve, and not alienate, as many of the boys that have racked up the minutes this season over the next few games.     

Agreed, don't really see it being King unless Davis/Arfield are rested due to the plastic pitch.

Of the current squad those are the two you would think would play wherever the gaffer asks.

I’ll be watching the LCF with interest. Hoping for a cagey match, into extra time and a freshness from us on Wednesday. 

I don’t fear Livingston, but getting over the line is the hardest thing to do when winning a Championship and anything that gives us an advantage should be welcomed.

Assuming Patterson isn't suspended which I think he will get a 7 game ban

I'd go

McGregor 

Patterson Goldson Baolgun* Barisic

Kamara Davis Arfield

Hagi Morelos Kent

*Helander is Balogun is injured.

If Patterson is suspended and Balorgun is fit then Balogun RB and Helander at CH

18 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

If Tavernier, Balogun and Jack are injured Patterson suspended who the hell do we play at right back ?

I'd be surprised if Balogun's injured.  He was getting roasted on Thursday and Stevie G took him off, simples.

Archived