Alfredo

TamCoopz

3 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

To be clear that wasn't a dig at you. Just the general shite we've seen here for years. But it's irrelevant now.  I shouldn't have even briyhy it up today 👏🇬🇧😂

Him scoring there would be icing on cake tbf

Dan it would be the frosting on the cherry on the icing on the cake

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alfredo Morelos reveals Rangers transfer 'difficulties' as he thanks Steven Gerrard for helping him mature

The Colombian international admits he dreams of playing in the English Premier League one day.

Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos admits he dreams of playing in the Premier League as he opened up on transfer "difficulties" over the summer.

Ligue 1 side Lille had an offer knocked back for the Colombian international, with manager Steven Gerrard admitting his star man's head had been turned.

Morelos scored just eight goals in all competitions before January, with two of those coming against Lincoln Red Imps in a Europa League qualifier.

Since the turn of the year though El Bufalo has hit his stride, with seven goals in his last five as he was a key man in securing the Premiership title.

And while the striker admits he'd jump at a move down south, he revealed a chat with Gerrard helped turn things around.

Morelos said: "There were many difficulties with Rangers about my departure because proposals came in and the club asked for more money.

"Then the transfer market closed and I spoke with the manager and said that I was going to focus on the team. The situation got back to normal and I started to raise the level of my game.

"There are opportunities now for me because I have won the league in Scotland and we are still in the Europa League.

"If we get through to the next round, we will have the opportunity to play against some very big teams and they will be watching me.

"One of my big dreams is to play in the English Premier League. It is one of the best leagues in the world and there are a lot of important players and important teams.

"So if the opportunity presents itself in my career, I am going to take it.

"It's a style of football very similar to Scottish football and I would enjoy it."

And Morelos, in an interview in Colombia's Caracol Radio, credits Gerrard for turning his career around.

He said: "Steven Gerrard has been a hugely important person in my career. He has corrected me in many aspects of my game including helping me reduce the number of yellow and red cards I was getting.

"He's helped improve my character too.

"My football has improved so much since when I was at Medellin back home.

"When the first offer came, I decided I was taking it and didn't care that it was in Finland with HJK Helsinki. After making that decision, I have scored a lot of goals and even been rewarded by playing for my country."

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Alfredo has been here 4 years now, scored many goals and played a big part in 55 and our European results.

IF a team in England offered £20m+ he would go with my best wishes although I would love to see him in CL with us next year and be gutted should he go.

I agree however I think this is the perfect ending.

Puts us back where we belong, stops the ten and scores against the tarriers. 

Off ye go wee man, ride into the sunset.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Alfredo has been here 4 years now, scored many goals and played a big part in 55 and our European results.

IF a team in England offered £20m+ he would go with my best wishes although I would love to see him in CL with us next year and be gutted should he go.

I cannot improve on that post :thumbup: would love him to stay but I thought he would go at the start of this season so him staying and us getting 55 and still in the EUROPA cup he would go with my gratitude and will always love the guy wherever he goes.  :cup:

Don't blame him one bit, and at least he's honest and upfront about it.

Through to the next round, draw United, Alfie scores a hat trick at Old Trafford, goes for £50 million to them in the Summer!

Win/Win :pipe:

29 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Don't blame him one bit, and at least he's honest and upfront about it.

Through to the next round, draw United, Alfie scores a hat trick at Old Trafford, goes for £50 million to them in the Summer!

Win/Win :pipe:

This.

He has said it since his first season with us. Can't blame a professional footballer for wanting to play in the biggest, richest and most watched league in world football. 

The wee mad b will leave with my best wishes for his future career even though I will be gutted when it happens. 

If we get over 20 mill for him it's a cracking return for a million quid. 

Would mean we wouldn't be forced to sell others with that cash plus the EL money. 

We haven't been as reliant this season on Alf so I trust we can replace those goals albeit maybe not the performances. 

Obviously I’ll be disappointed when he gets his move - but I’d rather have an honest pro like him than one of these slavering badge kissing hypocrites that proclaim their undying love then hold up their skirt to every passing scout....know what I mean? :sarcasm:

Good luck to him, He wants to play in the Best league in the world, Just like most of us would love to see Rangers in the EPL,  Hopfully he gets a decent team if he moves, And we get to see him back at ibrox in the champions league.. He better no score tho🤣

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I’d love to see him stay for one more season. After all the crap he’s been through, and put up with, during his time here he deserves the opportunity to play in the Champions League before he goes.

Fuck knows how we replace him when he does go though. Players like him don’t come around very often and they is usually cost a pretty penny.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It's really the only thing missing from him at this point and a goal against celtic. And like he said winning the league and hopefully going further in the Europa will only increase both price tag and attention. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Morelos ends up at Liverpool however, I think he'll be a star whatever club he goes too. 

26 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We haven't been as reliant this season on Alf so I trust we can replace those goals albeit maybe not the performances.

Absolutely, even when he wasn't firing in the goals he was always involved in someway, be it assists, winning free kicks, hold up play or dragging defenders about. 

He's just about the finished article and I reckon a team would happily swoop in now that discipline seems to be sorted. 

Only thing that'll complete his time with us now is a goal against the scum 

28 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Sell Morelos for 20m and reinvest half of that in another striker, I’d be looking at Adam Hlozek from Sparta Prague going into last year of his contract so could possibly get him for 10m 

I like the look of the boy Dike who’s on loan at Barnsley from Orlando City as a potential replacement for Morelos because he looks like he has all the tools needed to develop into a class striker.

Just a shame that the big six are already rumoured to be sniffing about him. 

Yes he’s honest about wanting to play in the premiership but it’s not the best league in the world but the most hyped up league in the world. Everyone who plays there is a millionaire and the millions easily accumulate up if you get a good run at it and that’s why many play there.

30 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I like the look of the boy Dike who’s on loan at Barnsley from Orlando City as a potential replacement for Morelos because he looks like he has all the tools needed to develop into a class striker.

Just a shame that the big six are already rumoured to be sniffing about him. 

Not seen him mate but we’re either going to have to spend a fair chunk of Morelos transfer fee to replace him or we’d need to get extremely lucky in the transfer market, I don’t think Itten or Roofe are up to replacing so we definitely need to sign a direct replacement should Alfredo leave. 

Archived