*****The Official Tarriers Vs Champions Match Thread*****

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I thought we were going to score when he made that run but he was totally unaware of the players around him and made an bad decision, he needs to sort that.

Need game time. Whether or not he gets that is another thing. The fact is he was one of our most creative players in the whole match in the small time he was on the pitch. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, B1872 said:

At the end of the day that’s the scums strongest 11 and bench. We were missing our captain and Ryan Jack. 
The scum won’t have a better chance to beat us the fact they didn’t speaks volumes especially after the week we’ve had.

This 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

If I had to play Aribo, it would be in a front 3 and I still wouldn’t start him

He is a player i would look to move on if we can get a decent fee. Worryingly he seems bullet proof and starts more often than not

1 minute ago, BearInTheToon said:

I think we need to spend some decent cash on a serious midfielder or two. Think a number of big games this season have shown that.

Definitely need whoever plays on the right of the front 3 to really keep and use the ball better, too. 

Too often whoever’s filling that role isn’t producing enough.

But take that today.

In certain games midfield has been our biggest strength, with keeping possession and controlling the game. But on the flip side of that, it's also been our biggest weakness in other games when teams with physicality and athleticism have just run over the top of us. We definitely need freshening up with real quality in the middle of the park for next season. 

12 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Delighted with the point but that performance was nowhere near good enough and not acceptable imo in an old firm game. Anyone that says otherwise is lying to themselves. 

Far too many players looked disinterested and not busting a gut which isnt on. Aribo was swanning about like he didnt have a care in the world and our defence looked like they were dreaming of their holidays, the midfield? You wouldnt have known they were playing. Very poor and made celtic look half decent. 

Now i know the league is over and the players will be tired but the standards are there and they were nowhere near them today. This was a real chance to give them a proper hiding and lay the foundations going forward into next season. 

I'd like to see hagi playing more centrally to see how he does. We'll see a bit less of Davis next season, Hagi might play well there.

Just now, writingranger said:

I'd like to see hagi playing more centrally to see how he does. We'll see a bit less of Davis next season, Hagi might play well there.

I still think we need a proper enforcer in the middle of the park. Id not have gave Davis another contract - he has been excellent this season but id have rather invested his wage in someone for future years. Im just dreading us potentially selling the likes of kamara who is imo the best midfielder at the club.

Archived