Kamara and Kudela bans

Dan Deacon

https://www.hrad.cz/cs/pro-media/tiskove-zpravy/aktualni-tiskove-zpravy/dopis-disciplinarni-komisi-uefa-15891

Letter to uefa disciplinary committee

April 15th, 2021

On 15 April 2021, the Head of the KPR, Vratislav Mynář, sent a letter to the members of the UEFA Disciplinary Committee as follows:

Dear Disciplinary Board,

I would like to address you with this open letter in connection with your recent decision to punish player Ondřej Kúdela. He was punished for an alleged racist statement he should have made on 18 March 2021 during rangers fc's match against SK Slavia Praha. According to your verdict, he can't play in the next 10 games.

There was a lot going on in that match. Sk Slavia Praha played great, crushing opponents with quality and fair play. The opponent's response was insidious fouls, one of which ended in a serious injury to goalkeeper Ondřej Kolář. He ended up with a skull fracture, and he's going to have to walk the field with a helmet for the rest of his life. After the second goal, the opponent behaved rudely, unsportsmanlike and frustrated. Czech athletes were attacked inside the stadium by the opponent after the end of the match and were not allowed into the cabins. Result? The player who crushed the opponent's skull with a football was given a four-match ban, another player received a three-match penalty for physical assault.

And the alleged racism? 10-game suspension. I would point out that racism has not been proven and alleged. Even the UEFA inspector himself erated ondřej Kúdela's racist statement. Nevertheless, you decided to punish a player who has not harmed anyone and only verbally - in his opinion - insulted his opponent. You're judging a decent man without a shoo-in. You make it impossible for an athlete to fulfill a dream in the Europa League. All this just to meet the perverse expectations of a narrow group of activists and a club unable to win on the field, all the more so by shouting empty and hurtful platitudes about racism.

In your presentation, the fight against racism has become a fight of failure against success, the height of hypocrisy, positive discrimination and embarrassing pandering to stupid trends. Your efforts may lead to the opposite, i.e. a situation in which a person of non-black colour is discriminated against, oppressed and reduced to his or her rights. I therefore also consider it necessary to oppose this procedure.

Although you may not be used to it, I would like to say one thing. I very much appreciate the fact that the Czech public does not agree with your verdict, across the whole society. On the contrary, you managed – even for a short time – to unite your ancient rivals. We will not kneel before you and there are no threats against a Czech football fan.

The President of the Republic Miloš Zeman is familiar with the situation in detail and considers it important not only from the point of view of sport, but also from the point of view of justice and human dignity. It expresses its belonging to all citizens of the Czech Republic who are following this case and are disappointed by its progress. At the same time, he wishes all players and fans not to be discouraged by the matter and continue to support their team so warmly.

Vratislav Mynář, Head of the Office of the President of the Republic

11 minutes ago, Raligt said:

https://www.hrad.cz/cs/pro-media/tiskove-zpravy/aktualni-tiskove-zpravy/dopis-disciplinarni-komisi-uefa-15891

April 15th, 2021

On 15 April 2021, the Head of the KPR, Vratislav Mynář, sent a letter to the members of the UEFA Disciplinary Committee as follows:

Dear Disciplinary Board,

I would like to address you with this open letter in connection with your recent decision to punish player Ondřej Kúdela. He was punished for an alleged racist statement he should have made on 18 March 2021 during rangers fc's match against SK Slavia Praha. According to your verdict, he can't play in the next 10 games.

There was a lot going on in that match. Sk Slavia Praha played great, crushing opponents with quality and fair play. The opponent's response was insidious fouls, one of which ended in a serious injury to goalkeeper Ondřej Kolář. He ended up with a skull fracture, and he's going to have to walk the field with a helmet for the rest of his life. After the second goal, the opponent behaved rudely, unsportsmanlike and frustrated. Czech athletes were attacked inside the stadium by the opponent after the end of the match and were not allowed into the cabins. Result? The player who crushed the opponent's skull with a football was given a four-match ban, another player received a three-match penalty for physical assault.

And the alleged racism? 10-game suspension. I would point out that racism has not been proven and alleged. Even the UEFA inspector himself erated ondřej Kúdela's racist statement. Nevertheless, you decided to punish a player who has not harmed anyone and only verbally - in his opinion - insulted his opponent. You're judging a decent man without a shoo-in. You make it impossible for an athlete to fulfill a dream in the Europa League. All this just to meet the perverse expectations of a narrow group of activists and a club unable to win on the field, all the more so by shouting empty and hurtful platitudes about racism.

In your presentation, the fight against racism has become a fight of failure against success, the height of hypocrisy, positive discrimination and embarrassing pandering to stupid trends. Your efforts may lead to the opposite, i.e. a situation in which a person of non-black colour is discriminated against, oppressed and reduced to his or her rights. I therefore also consider it necessary to oppose this procedure.

Although you may not be used to it, I would like to say one thing. I very much appreciate the fact that the Czech public does not agree with your verdict, across the whole society. On the contrary, you managed – even for a short time – to unite your ancient rivals. We will not kneel before you and there are no threats against a Czech football fan.

The President of the Republic Miloš Zeman is familiar with the situation in detail and considers it important not only from the point of view of sport, but also from the point of view of justice and human dignity. It expresses its belonging to all citizens of the Czech Republic who are following this case and are disappointed by its progress. At the same time, he wishes all players and fans not to be discouraged by the matter and continue to support their team so warmly.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Fucking clown! 

19 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Honest question, are we really saying verbal abuse is worse than physical abuse?

No, not if it was that and that alone but that is what instigated the reaction. Although it can be at times, just depends on the situation.

I would also guess that something else was said in the tunnel (not necessarily another racist comment) as I don't see Kamara going the remainder of the game and then seeking Kudela out after the game.

If the former hadn't happen the latter would not have been an issue.

But then there's all sorts that happens after the fact, perhaps Bale did intend on elbowing him??? Who knows.

Just now, mclovin9091 said:

No, not if it was that and that alone but that is what instigated the reaction. Although it can be at times, just depends on the situation.

I would also guess that something else was said in the tunnel (not necessarily another racist comment) as I don't see Kamara going the remainder of the game and then seeking Kudela out after the game.

If the former hadn't happen the latter would not have been an issue.

But then there's all sorts that happens after the fact, perhaps Bale did intend on elbowing him??? Who knows.

I agree GK wouldn’t have reacted if the verbal never occurred and we’ll probably never know if anything else was said for GK to react as he could have been disrespectful again and that caused the assault. Maybe it will come out in the report.

both incidents are wrong in work, on the pitch and in law but the reaction of GK is more understandable but still wrong.

I don't see why they keep on peddling this "we were out to injure them, and not play football" shit. It was there players diving every two seconds, it was our player Kent that was fouled by numerous players in the first half.

If anything, this has just shown up the club, and possibly some representative s in the country, as seeing racism as okay, and a minor subject.

16 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Not disputing what you said mate. The cunt got hurt March 18th against us and 14 days later he’s playing against Arsenal with a fractured skull?  Skullduggery methinks. 

Agreed. When did he start wearing the head gear?

45 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

I don't see why they keep on peddling this "we were out to injure them, and not play football" shit. It was there players diving every two seconds, it was our player Kent that was fouled by numerous players in the first half.

If anything, this has just shown up the club, and possibly some representative s in the country, as seeing racism as okay, and a minor subject.

I don't know why either the ref would have stopped the game if he had thought so or are SP saying the UEFA ref is no good.

2 hours ago, Raligt said:

April 15th, 2021

Dear Disciplinary Board,

Crushed the opponents skull with a football 😂😂😂 impressive stuff tbh 

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Roofe for 4 games does not sit right with me. A red card is always 2.

Don't know the whole Kamara story but even so 3 is harsh.

10 game ban for the racist is about right.

The 10 game ban for the racist is a joke. Our bans are way out of order. Uefa= scum shitebag bastards. 

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Roofe for 4 games does not sit right with me. A red card is always 2.

Don't know the whole Kamara story but even so 3 is harsh.

10 game ban for the racist is about right.

It's okay as a start but surely racist abuse is worse than gambling and drug offences which get a bigger punishment. 

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

For the goalie or the club?

Diagnosis - timitis 

Prognosis- sorry no cure

The goalie, the club as a whole needs some sort of cognitive behavioral therapy if they think racial abuse is acceptable and it doesn't say much about their country when they have got their politicians wading in to defend Slavia Prague when Kudella is guilty of racist abuse.

49 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Agreed. When did he start wearing the head gear?

Not sure but it was within 2 weeks. I think he wore it first against Arsenal. Another thing though, if he had a fractured skull would he have been able to fly back from Scotland that night? Bastards have been at it from the beginning. 

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Not sure but it was within 2 weeks. I think he wore it first against Arsenal. Another thing though, if he had a fractured skull would he have been able to fly back from Scotland that night? Bastards have been at it from the beginning. 

Good point. I think they're at it too. It makes me wonder who sits on the disciplinary panels and are they really that gullible to lies.

I really think that players should be able to signal the ref when they have been racially abused, The ref should then make a note in is match report and report it to the police and football association for investigation. 

I think the players association could do more by sending a petition to UEFA to enforce zero tolerance on racism with adequate punishments.

I think the SFA should be speaking out more for players suffering any sort of abuse.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Good point. I think they're at it too. It makes me wonder who sits on the disciplinary panels and are they really that gullible to lies.

I really think that players should be able to signal the ref when they have been racially abused, The ref should then make a note in is match report and report it to the police and football association for investigation. 

I think the players association could do more by sending a petition to UEFA to enforce zero tolerance on racism with adequate punishments.

I think the SFA should be speaking out more for players suffering any sort of abuse.

With the size of audio recorders nowadays, you could easily integrate them into the trackers players wear, without adding much weight.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Sfa, Uefa, Fifa. Doesn’t matter. All arseholes. It’s all lip service from the bastards I’m afraid. It’s like the Covid. It’s not going away. 

I think people are over analysing their keeper with their limited medical expertise and limited knowledge of the injury out with what their reading on the internet. It was a fkn cracker and a right sore one and is a completely separate issue to GK and the racist. His medical team would have advised if he was ok to fly or not and he will be wearing that head protection for a long long time. 

2 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

With the size of audio recorders nowadays, you could easily integrate them into the trackers players wear, without adding much weight.

could be added to the fitness vest which is already power supplied but we really need to step back and we don’t need to go to these extremes imo

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Sfa, Uefa, Fifa. Doesn’t matter. All arseholes. It’s all lip service from the bastards I’m afraid. It’s like the Covid. It’s not going away. 

They'll only act when the pressure forces them to do so. It's up to all the anti racism groups to keep the pressure on them to force change.