Kamara and Kudela bans

Dan Deacon

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I don't really get the point ? If you made racist comments 20 year ago then that's it for life , you can't ever complain about anyone else doing so ? 

No you can, but you need to be a bit more nuanced in how you condemn it and acknowledge it or else it sounds hypocritical and sanctimonious.

I am not claiming to be a Saint btw,  I've sung, shouted and made gestures at games, since before I went to high school, that if repeated today and on social media would have the police involved.

If you're no willing to accept it when your own side do it then you're only interested in point scoring.

Other than the odd drunken arsehole and even then only about 2 individual shouts never heard anything like that in over 20 years going to games. Do you really think if that happened the media would of just ignored it? Really?

And on another note, probably the majority of our starting 11 bless themselves going onto the pitch, and I've never heard a negative comment. The clubs fans have moved forward magnificently not that we would ever get any credit for it.

2 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

I can remember being at Ibrox when Rangers played Victoria Zizkov, coincidentally another Czech side.

A black player for them was subbed late on they might have been beating us and wasting time walking off slowly.

What seemed like the entire enclosure was making monkey chants towards him. That was about 20 years ago. Plenty of those who indulged in such behaviour that night will be posting on here, attending games, out raged at Slavia and Kudela.

Definitely one for watching.

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Other than the odd drunken arsehole and even then only about 2 individual shouts never heard anything like that in over 20 years going to games. Do you really think if that happened the media would of just ignored it? Really?

And on another note, probably the majority of our starting 11 bless themselves going onto the pitch, and I've never heard a negative comment. The clubs fans have moved forward magnificently not that we would ever get any credit for it.

Aye the media would have ignored it! Just like TBB was sung every week but nowadays they'd have a meltdown.

Times change.

2 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

No you can, but you need to be a bit more nuanced in how you condemn it and acknowledge it or else it sounds hypocritical and sanctimonious.

I am not claiming to be a Saint btw,  I've sung, shouted and made gestures at games, since before I went to high school, that if repeated today and on social media would have the police involved.

If you're no willing to accept it when your own side do it then you're only interested in point scoring.

But that would only be the case if the people you claim were being racist that night were the posters condemning it and there's no way of knowing that 

3 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Aye the media would have ignored it! Just like TBB was sung every week but nowadays they'd have a meltdown.

Times change.

Not a chance the media would ignore most of the enclosure making monkey noises at a black player in the early 2000s. Jack McConnell had already started targeting football fans' behaviour when we played Zizkow and there had already been previous instances on individual fans being higlighted by the media for racist abuse of players but they ignored the encloure making monkey noises? Nah, I'm calling absolute bullshit on that one.

I was at the Airdrie game too and have absolutely no recollection of Airdrie fans abusing the Rangers players. I do remember them singing the Sash and us singing La Marseillaise a lot because it was Charbonnier's birthday and he was loving the attention.

2 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

I can remember being at Ibrox when Rangers played Victoria Zizkov, coincidentally another Czech side.

A black player for them was subbed late on they might have been beating us and wasting time walking off slowly.

What seemed like the entire enclosure was making monkey chants towards him. That was about 20 years ago. Plenty of those who indulged in such behaviour that night will be posting on here, attending games, out raged at Slavia and Kudela.

What the fuck is this shit? 

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not a chance the media would ignore most of the enclosure making monkey noises at a black player in the early 2000s. Jack McConnell had already started targeting football fans' behaviour when we played Zizkow and there had already been previous instances on individual fans being higlighted by the media for racist abuse of players but they ignored the encloure making monkey noises? Nah, I'm calling absolute bullshit on that one.

So I am lying? I am willing to accept that it would not have been "most of the enclosure" as its a 20 year old memory. However, I know that it wasn't 1 or 2 people, there was a fair chunk at it. He was walking towards us.

As for the media and how times have changed - I can mind being a a Challenge Cup final at Broadwood, must have been shortly after 9/11 and literally hundreds of Airdrie fans were singing "stand up if you hate Muslims" not a peep in the media.

I remember being at Gretna away in 2006 and a few Airdrie fans turned up dressed in full KKK suits. This did get plenty of media attention but the police stood and laughed and nobody was arrested, could you imagine the reaction today?

I know the last 2 examples are irrelevant to Rangers but they illustrate how different the levels of tolerance were to that sort of behaviour not that long ago.

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

Why would I lie? It was certainly a lot of people around me. I would hardly remember it if it was a few isolated shouts. It was far more common and accepted at Airdrie and far later on than at Rangers, that's probably the only time I ever saw it at Ibrox, which is why I remember it.

It shows progress but it also shows a shocking lack of awareness that societies do not evolve at the same pace. The UK is different to Czech Rep. But there is a sanctimonious desperation amongst some to try and claim some inherent moral superiority over anyone who comes from Czech rep.

I've seen it called out as well, can mind being in Annie Millers before a cup final  about 20 years ago and 2 boys started saluting the telly and shouting "NF/BNP" or some crap when a black face appeared and the whole pub drowned them out singing "we only hate Roman Catholics...." 

We’ve gone from ‘what seemed like the entire enclosure’ to ‘a lot of people around me’.

Not going to argue with you on that second bit - wasn’t there - would have been in the Govan front.

4 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

So I am lying? I am willing to accept that it would not have been "most of the enclosure" as its a 20 year old memory. However, I know that it wasn't 1 or 2 people, there was a fair chunk at it. He was walking towards us.

As for the media and how times have changed - I can mind being a a Challenge Cup final at Broadwood, must have been shortly after 9/11 and literally hundreds of Airdrie fans were singing "stand up if you hate Muslims" not a peep in the media.

I remember being at Gretna away in 2006 and a few Airdrie fans turned up dressed in full KKK suits. This did get plenty of media attention but the police stood and laughed and nobody was arrested, could you imagine the reaction today?

I know the last 2 examples are irrelevant to Rangers but they illustrate how different the levels of tolerance were to that sort of behaviour not that long ago.

Maybe not lying but liikely massively over-exaggerating what was probably one or two shouts from fuckwits

The Airdrie/KKK stuff made the front page of national papers.

5 minutes ago, left winger said:

We’ve gone from ‘what seemed like the entire enclosure’ to ‘a lot of people around me’.

Not going to argue with you on that second bit - wasn’t there - would have been in the Govan front.

Fair enough, agree it is likely to have been exaggerated (not deliberately) but it was enough to leave a distinct memory of a run of the mill game against a run of the mill team 20 years later.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Maybe not lying but liikely massively over-exaggerating what was probably one or two shouts from fuckwits

The Airdrie/KKK stuff made the front page of national papers.

As acknowledged, Only an Excuse made a sketch about it that year (which would now be seen to make light of racism).  Arrests would happen now.

3 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Who needs enemies when we have fan dan?

4 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

If what you say is true it shows how much we've evolved because the very thought of you're experience seems ridiculous to me ,then and now.

3 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Aye FARE have launched an historical investigation based on my 20 year old testimony...

Why post it then?

My season ticket was WE and I've been to most European games since 1990ish 

Never heard any racism towards players in my life at Ibrox tbh.

Not saying I haven't heard it in the pubs and clubs back then but no chance was there monkey chants in Ibrox. you are talking out yer arse.

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

As acknowledged, Only an Excuse made a sketch about it that year (which would now be seen to make light of racism).  Arrests would happen now.

So how does this back up the 'media would have ignored' it nonsense? What's happened is you've probably heard one drunk arsehole shout something and decided to turn that into thousands of fans making monkey chants. Utter fucking nonsense.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So how does this back up the 'media would have ignored' it nonsense? What's happened is you've probably heard one drunk arsehole shout something and decided to turn that into thousands of fans making monkey chants. Utter fucking nonsense.

I acknowledged that in 2006 it attracted media attention, a few years before none. Times change, media focus changes, social norms change.

Aye a memory is indelibly left in my brain of an unknown player being subbed for an unknown team, in a non descript game 20 years later because of the response from one drunk guy 🤣

Why you so desperate to discredit it? 

26 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Why post it then?

My season ticket was WE and I've been to most European games since 1990ish 

Never heard any racism towards players in my life at Ibrox tbh.

Not saying I haven't heard it in the pubs and clubs back then but no chance was there monkey chants in Ibrox. you are talking out yer arse.

To point out the fact, that contrary to the revisionist nonsense on here, that most clubs have to a greater or lesser extent indulged, at some point in their history or conduct that is unacceptable

If your immediate reaction is to refuse to acknowledge that your own side could in anyway behave in such a way, then you don't really care about the issue, you only pretend to care to feel good or point score.

6 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I acknowledged that in 2006 it attracted media attention, a few years before none. Times change, media focus changes, social norms change.

Aye a memory is indelibly left in my brain of an unknown player being subbed for an unknown team, in a non descript game 20 years later because of the response from one drunk guy 🤣

Why you so desperate to discredit it? 

Let me introduce you to the Mandela Effect...