Kamara and Kudela bans

Dan Deacon

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

Fair enough, agree it is likely to have been exaggerated (not deliberately) but it was enough to leave a distinct memory of a run of the mill game against a run of the mill team 20 years later.

Regardless, irrelevant to modern day Rangersfans, so unclear why you brought it up.

7 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Regardless, irrelevant to modern day Rangersfans, so unclear why you brought it up.

Think the point he’s making is how our fan base attitude has changed over the years and society in general while in some other countries they lag behind and this sort of behaviour is still acceptable. Thinks he’s actually making a decent point but it’s been taking the wrong way.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Christ, you must have a low bar for experts if knowing about the Mandela effect makes me an expert in psychology.

Actually the Mandela effect is technically when a large amount of people believe smething happened which didn't, (a lare amount of people believed Mandella died in prison years ago). What @DiamondDan may have is a false memory, which we all have from time to time. 

1 minute ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

Actually the Mandela effect is technically when a large amount of people believe smething happened which didn't, (a lare amount of people believed Mandella died in prison years ago). What @DiamondDan may have is a false memory, which we all have from time to time. 

Or the truth is more likely to be somewhere between "most of the enclosure" and "some drunken bam".

19 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

It applies to either an individual or mass group. I'm an expert after all.

20 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

The ability to assign it to the recollections of an individual you've never met on a football forum is what I think makes you beyond an expert...

I'm sorry, we'll just all accept your claim of thousands of Rangers fans making monkey chants at a black player without as much as passing comment from anyone at the time without question. :lol:

46 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I acknowledged that in 2006 it attracted media attention, a few years before none. Times change, media focus changes, social norms change.

Aye a memory is indelibly left in my brain of an unknown player being subbed for an unknown team, in a non descript game 20 years later because of the response from one drunk guy 🤣

Why you so desperate to discredit it? 

I once got into a debate online with some taig trying to defend their treatment of Walters by making out that we had given Paul Wilson abuse in the 70s. Guy was put in his place by fellow scum supporters who more or less told him “they’re orange bastards but they’re no racists” :lol: and that he was talking shite.

Bit like yourself.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Let me introduce you to the Mandela Effect...

I can’t speak for that isolated incident he talked about but I have been going to football since the late 60s and can recall plenty of racist comments being thrown about back in the day. However as it has been pointed out it was more individuals than mass racism but it did happen.

Modern attitudes are have changed and people are definitely less likely to act in that way. The small amount who behave like that now are more likely to be caught and sanctioned

17 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Borna won't be playing Thursday  not the place for the gutless

Born’s a strange one for me, when he’s on form and playing well he’ll run through brick walls and takes shite from nobody then when his form dips his demeanour changes and he looks fucking frightened of his own shadow 🤣

Must be a confidence thing with him. On current form I wouldn’t have him near the pitch on Thursday.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Tbf can't remember any reports of Papac getting any abuse in 2007.

Was thinking about that mate can’t really remember but Red Stars recent run ins with Uefa resulting in bans for racist behaviour have been them targeting players from other states around them Albania Bosnia Croatia